Hacking Help with Fire Emblem Awakening Model Edits

Runtuntbadunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am attempting to make some small model edits to awakening's models, in a similar vein to how people have edited models in the 3ds pokemon games. I've gotten as far as using FEAT to decompress the models from the romfs dump, saving and exporting said files as .daes via SPICA, and adding to/editing them in blender. After this is where I've hit a roadblock: the game's models, when decompressed, are these ".m" files (which can be viewed in SPICA). I have no idea how to convert my exported .objs from blender into this .m format so that the game can read them correctly. Just recompressing the .obj as a .lz folder with the proper file name and recompiling the game resulted in an expected crash upon viewing the in-game model. Any idea on how to make this work?

I should probably add how I basically have no idea what i'm doing and have gotten this far only from scavenging information from other forum posts unrelated to Awakening specifically, so if what i'm trying to accomplish could never work with how the game is coded then I have no idea. Would having extra polygons from additions to the model make this impossible?

For reference, I am using this simple model edit of Chrom with an added sphere to his model as a test to see if this works, with no luck so far.
chrom thing.png

Manakete_Smoocher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya need developer tools to get the models back into a format the game can read, so unless you get your hands on those you're shit outta luck
Downloading devtools requires people sign an NDA so that's why you haven't found anyone talking about model work for 3ds FE. People have defo added/edited stuff (me included) but it's just not something we can go into detail about

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i mean, unless they're like morrigan, but i kinda doubt it