Super Mario RPG - How to extract animations

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the models resource website is that none of the models are animated. Some are rigged but still not animated.
I'm sorry to hear that some models from there didn't work out for you. Again, I won't be of much help to you for the 3D models until I get to them myself, but feel free to contact me again if you need more help.

Some things I can ask: What model format did you export the models as? Are they split, or merged? Where will you be using these models if you can successfully repurpose them?

Spamzilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spamzilla.unaux.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I kinda figured out a roundabout way of doing this. I found that you can adjust the face with the Shape Key editor. Once I had it keyframed I made the head into an MD3. Then I deleted the existing head and imported the MD3. Then I added a bone to move/rotate the head. It came out looking very close to what I wanted.

I'm guessing that you want to have them animated, so that they integrate will with it? More like a modpack?

What I'm working on is an entire stand alone game that you don't need an IWAD (like Doom2.wad) to play.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I kinda figured out a roundabout way of doing this. I found that you can adjust the face with the Shape Key editor. Once I had it keyframed I made the head into an MD3. Then I deleted the existing head and imported the MD3. Then I added a bone to move/rotate the head. It came out looking very close to what I wanted.

What I'm working on is an entire stand alone game that you don't need an IWAD (like Doom2.wad) to play.
It's good that you eventually figured out a workaround for what you'll be doing.
I wonder, what will this game be about, since it will be standalone? Is it going to be more of a lite-clone, or something entirely different in gameplay terms, but just reusing 3D models from Super Mario RPG (Nintendo Switch)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids +1