Hacking HELP BRICKED WII!

Sajiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was installing an update for someone to use Wii Sports Resort so I installed CIOS rev14 (they had rev7 before)
and installed the 3.1 CIOScorp and then it all went bad and said system menu files corrupted!

I think the Wii was on either 4.0U or 3.2U before hand. Lukcily I can get into preloader menu and HBC but when I tried and reinstalled preloader it didn't do anything (gave me same problem). When I tried to load system menu from preloader 0.29 it said hacks.ini isn't found on FAT or NAND. I have the hacks files on the sd root. Please someone, is this Wii fixable?

RohitVerma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do one of these things (Find the files on your own time)

1) Re-Install your System WAD
2) Install another sysmenu
3) Reinstall Preloader (Usually works, but it didn't in my situation, so I resorted to option 1)

It's a simple Semi-Brick that has easy remidies if you know where to look.)

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got into preloader and choose the setting at the bottom then go to the ios setting at the bottom of that and change it to system menu ios 60 save the setting and you should be ok

Sajiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
muck chucker said:
got into preloader and choose the setting at the bottom then go to the ios setting at the bottom of that and change it to system menu ios 60 save the setting and you should be ok
Wow, you are a friggin master dude!

I am tearing up, you saved my life!

Sajiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, sorry for the double post, but as it turns out this Wii is still on version 3.2U, now that I have installed rev14 and Cios 3.1 (I dont know if they installed properly though because the Wii semi-bricked shortly after).

WOuld it be Ok to UPDATE the Wii via Nintendo servers to 4.1U and then reinstall rev14 and cIOScorp 3.1

muck chucker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO just insert a disk and see if it works its not a semi brick just preloader is trying to load the wrong ios everything should work ok

or use waninkos updater 4.0 or 4.1

Sajiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
muck chucker said:
NO just insert a disk and see if it works its not a semi brick just preloader is trying to load the wrong ios everything should work ok
OK, good thing I didn't update. I inserted my backup of Wii Sports Resort it loaded up and is now going through the 3 minute video so I will see if it works afterwards. So it's not Ok to update this Wii? I'll be sure to tell my friend that if that is the case.

Jaydub

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Male sure you have IOS60 installed. If not the 4.1 updater will just install the Systemmenu wad.

Is Waninkoko 4.1 Updater recommended to use?( noob question)
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-