Hacking [Help] Banner Bricked Wii, how to fix it?

Envido32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
It happened after installing a USB Loader Fowarder Channel that I modified with WADer (only changed the name just to see how it works) with WAD Manager 1.3.
Homebrew Channel, Twiligth Hack and USB Loader were perfectly functional. Preloader or Starfall were not installed (shit, I know).

The system is v3.2U updated to 4.0 with Waninkoko's updater (and worked great).
It's chipped but I don't know the model (loads Wii and GC games, NTSC or PAL).

I get the Safety Warning and after pressing A freezes in a black screen (Banner Brick if I'm not mistaken)

I already tried to load Recovery Mode (with + & - ) and it fails, it said that the files are corrupted.
Tried with a GC Controller SaveMiiFrii and nothing happens (not official, opened apart to make sure it was pressing all the buttons).
Tried burning autoboot AnyTitleRemover and autoboot WAD Manager and it fails to load, said that the disk was screwed.

Do you have any other ideas? I'm kind of desperate here...

Envido32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
wiiman123 said:
Have you tried loading the autoboot disc during the Safety Warning. Should work.

Yes... No luck...

QUOTE(MattMan @ May 1 2009, 04:45 PM) I found this guide and sounds like it will work.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/gui...ole-105101.html

Universal Unbrick Disk here:
http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/uni...sed-104989.html

Good luck, I hope it works for you.

Good, the problem seems to be my GC Controller, it's 3rd Party, I'll ask a friend that has an original if he lends me his. Now I'm out of DVD-R, I'll have to wait until monday, maybe is the brand I'm using... Sony DVD+R and Verbatim DVD-R are supposed to be good, right?

Thanks for the help, I'm more relaxed now. I'll keep you updated.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Did you do the next step after using waninkoko's installer? Introducing trucha bug into IOS 60?

To ask it in another way, were you able to copy channels to sd and play them from there?

If answer to the either of these questions are "no" then you are in trouble.

ps: You don't need recovery mode in your situation, your chip should autoboot the disc on the health and warning page... unless you have an older crap chip like D2CKey or D2C Pro...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Just did a few tests,

My system is : 3.2E -> 4.0E upgraded using waninkoko's installer, then ios 60 patched for trucha...

Here is the tests I've done
1. Menu on IOS 60, Autoboot wadmanager on health and warning page...
Result : displays An error has occurred. Press the eject button blah blah...

2. Menu on IOS 60, Boot into recovery menu... insert wad manager autoboot disc
Result : does nothing, version info stays intact

3. Menu on IOS 30, Autoboot wadmanager on health and warning page...
Result : disc boots

4. Menu on IOS 30, Boot into recovery menu...
Result : Version info disappears as soon as disc is tried being read.. then nothing

I have a wiikey2 chip, I already have trouble with reading discs so my tests may not be the actual results but the 3rd case suggests that there is some kind of extra protection regarding autoboot discs or trucha stuff...

Envido32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
WiiCrazy said:
Did you do the next step after using waninkoko's installer? Introducing trucha bug into IOS 60?

To ask it in another way, were you able to copy channels to sd and play them from there?

ps: You don't need recovery mode in your situation, your chip should autoboot the disc on the health and warning page... unless you have an older crap chip like D2CKey or D2C Pro...

Yes, I was able to play Channels from SD card. Still couldn't find out chip model (I can't find my TriWing Screwdriver >.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Envido32 said:
WiiCrazy said:

Yes, I was able to play Channels from SD card. Still couldn't find out chip model (I can't find my TriWing Screwdriver >.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiCrazy said:
Just did a few tests,

My system is : 3.2E -> 4.0E upgraded using waninkoko's installer, then ios 60 patched for trucha...

Here is the tests I've done
1. Menu on IOS 60, Autoboot wadmanager on health and warning page...
Result : displays An error has occurred. Press the eject button blah blah...

2. Menu on IOS 60, Boot into recovery menu... insert wad manager autoboot disc
Result : does nothing, version info stays intact

Yeah, I had noticed that too. Only the HBC disk boots correctly (if the title id is modified). Maybe it's a better-built ISO?
Download the HBC iso for 4.0 here, open it using WiiScrubber and replace main.dol with the WAD Manager DOL. It should work.
You can also try this ISO from Bushing, its DOL only boots the Homebrew Channel.

Sureiha

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, i have roughly the same problem and i dont know, what i have to do now. i have installed a crap wad and now i have a banner brick. TP Hack is installed, but not starfall or preloader and i have no modechip in my wii ..... i can start the recovery menu by holding the 4 buttons on the GC controller, then it shows mit the version => 3.4[EURO]

do i have a chance, to repair my wii ? Someone told me, to buy Mario Power Tennis, or another game, that have a higher Version.

Or have i to buy a modechip ??

~Sureiha~

-------
Sry for my bad english -> german
rolleyes.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Sureiha said:
Hi, i have roughly the same problem and i dont know, what i have to do now. i have installed a crap wad and now i have a banner brick. TP Hack is installed, but not starfall or preloader and i have no modechip in my wii ..... i can start the recovery menu by holding the 4 buttons on the GC controller, then it shows mit the version => 3.4[EURO]

do i have a chance, to repair my wii ? Someone told me, to buy Mario Power Tennis, or another game, that have a higher Version.

Or have i to buy a modechip ??

~Sureiha~

-------
Sry for my bad english -> german
rolleyes.gif

That's why I have a disclaimer at the start of the program,

disclaimer.jpg

You should have installed preloader or at least set up your system so that you can boot autoboot discs.

Updating to a higher version system menu will not help in banner brick cases. TP hack savefile is not resident in 3.4 system menu. It gets removed at each start of system menu. You should try what Davi92 suggested if you have a trucha bugged system...

By the way, how did you succeed in banner bricking your system with Crap? For which game were you using?

Envido32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Good news: I got the original GC controller and was able to load SaveMiiFrii.
Bad news: I get a 4.0(USA) text in the lower right corner of the screen and there is nothing I could do from there.

Tomorow I'll buy more DVD-R and try the ISOs Davi92 left.

Edit: Great news, I tried with the Autoboot WAD Uninstaller downloaded from a post in Teknoconsolas (that's not me posting, but seem that is starting to be a common problem) and the problem was solved!

Here's the direct link for the download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JTPZJPJM

Thank you all so much for your endless help! You saved my ass (It wasn't even my own Wii xD )

Reactions: HUE_TrashMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I just got friendzoned by the girl i like :sleep:
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :ohnoes: oh wait.. Here they are. Thought I lost my Chips Ahoy cookies :cry:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And...