Hacking Help and Advice for R4i 3DS Gold! Help Please!

Zuki Uke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an original blue 3DS and plan on buying an R4i 3DS Gold cart. Before I buy, I want to make 100% I will not brick my 3ds. I had a Flash Cart for my DSi, so I am familiar with Flash Carts, but since I plan on working with a new system, I want to make sure I don't mess up.​
I looked around on GBATEMP I couldn't find any recent posts about R4i Carts, or information that answers my questions. If you guys know a community/tutorials/threads that will help me, please post!​
My questions are these:​
-How likely can you brick your 3DS with a R4i card/software?​
-How can I make sure I will not brick my 3ds? What do I need to look out for?​
-Any good advice that I should know?​
Thank you for your time. I really appreciate the help. I just don't want to mess up my 3ds.​
-Zukiuke​

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
do you mean for NDS games or 3DS, the R4 card for 3DS games is a pile of poop, you would be better off just paying the extra for a gateway, but just so your aware those options only work if your 3DS is on 9.2 or lower, if its above you would want a sky3ds, and if your only wanting to play NDS games a cheapo R4 NDS card is fine

Zuki Uke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you mean for NDS games or 3DS, the R4 card for 3DS games is a pile of poop, you would be better off just paying the extra for a gateway, but just so your aware those options only work if your 3DS is on 9.2 or lower, if its above you would want a sky3ds, and if your only wanting to play NDS games a cheapo R4 NDS card is fine

3DS games is what I planned on getting. What happens if I try to play 3DS games on an R4 card?

No other Flash Carts are compatible with any versions above 9.2? Is that because Nintendo stepped up their security?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
3DS games is what I planned on getting. What happens if I try to play 3DS games on an R4 card?

No other Flash Carts are compatible with any versions above 9.2? Is that because Nintendo stepped up their security?
well there is the R4 golde deluxe edition, but its not worth the money, it doesnt play any recent games, doesnt have emunand, so no 9.5 emunand....its very basic, and people where getting their saves deleted randomly by it.....basically its more trouble than its worth to save a few bucks.....in regards to anything over 9.2, sky3ds works, but it doesnt have region free, eshop rom support, homebrew etc, so the best flashcard for 3DS games is the gateway which plays all games released and has homebrew, emunand, region free etc
i suggest you read up here, and see what you think is best for you in your situation
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-which-flash-cartridge-should-i-buy.382857/

Zuki Uke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Gateway doesn't work with firmware above 9.2? If so, is it possible to downgrade firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-