Heavy Rain, Detroit: Become Human, and Beyond: Two Souls are being ported to PC

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Mar 20, 2019.

Front-page
    D2HoH2NUcAArHJH.

Quantic Dream is a developer known for its narrative-driven story games, such as Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and most recently, Detroit: Become Human. These games are also known for being exclusive to the PlayStation platform, which is why it might be a bit of a shock to learn that all three games will be headed to PC. Epic Games has secured the titles as exclusive to their Epic Games Store, following an announcement at GDC 2019 including other upcoming exclusives, such as Remedy's Control, Phoenix Point, and The Outer Worlds. All three games will launch later this year, with specific release dates to be revealed in the future.

:arrow: Source

Discussion (117 replies)
  1. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Boooo Epic, boooo.

2. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Pfffffffff fucking epic

Adr990 and Mylink5 like this.
  3. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    JAAASON

4. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    Epic Game Store? Nah, I'm good. I'd rather buy a PS4.

5. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Console gaming is officially ded

Adr990 likes this.
  6. SapphireExile

SapphireExile Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    United States
    Plant City, FL
    Here we go again. Instant hate on Epic for getting us an exclusive title. Makes sense right?

JadeKitsune, Zense, phonz and 7 others like this.
  7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Neat. A bit late for me, already beat them all on console, but they're excellent games so anyone who hasn't managed to play them should definitely pick them up, Epic launcher or otherwise.

Supster131 and Darksabre72 like this.
  8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    I have nothing against them being on the Epic game store, I am only upset that the Epic game store isn’t on Linux and there’s no plans for it to be on Linux.
    Steam has been taken Linux gaming seriously and that has actually gotten me to start getting into PC gaming. So I would much rather these games be on Steam because I know there would be a higher chance that they either were ported to Linux by default or work with Steamplay.

9. SapphireExile

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    United States
    Plant City, FL
    It has it's own issues. It's not as simple as just copy and pasting the code to make it work on Linux. For one, you'd need to target a major distribution, like Ubuntu. Then you need to get them to accept a private repo, as I doubt Epic would make their launcher open source.
    Then you need to get the developers to actually make it on Linux. Take a look at Deus Ex. Beautiful game on Windows, runs great. Ported to Linux? Performance is a joke, and the graphics just aren't the same.
    I personally love Linux, but expecting the gaming demographic to switch to a massively lower market share platform (for gaming at least) isn't something that can be done in a single short term affair.

10. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Woof

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    God fucking damn it Sony. They better not start porting all their exclusives to PC, otherwise they'll end up dead like Microsoft. No software, no hardware sales.

Naster likes this.
  11. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Well i'll enjoy torrenting them.

Makes perfect sense. Exclusive deals are already shit on consoles. Is it so weird people don't want to deal with this crap on PC too?

12. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    I am going to be honest with you, you aren’t telling me anything that I haven’t heard before and or experienced before. I have no expectations of any massive shift to Linux, I am just happy Steam is trying to throw us Linux users a bone and sad Epic isn’t trying the same thing. Although I am also very much aware that Epic doesn’t have to be on Linux to be competitive.

DarthDub and CallmeBerto like this.
  13. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Corp's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    "oh nice maybe I can finally play detroit"
    epic games store exclusive
    "oh"

Last edited by Justinde75, Mar 21, 2019
  14. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    You living under a rock, or what? Or do you justify their actions? Not to mention, we really don't need another launcher.

Karones, DarthDub and Adr990 like this.
  15. SapphireExile

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    United States
    Plant City, FL
    Their actions of what? They are a business first and foremost. If they offer a better deal than Steam, why would any developer turn them down?

If you're referring to scraping data, then so what. It was used exclusively for friends, and until evidence is shown to the contrary, it will remain that way.

If you're still salty over Epic having Metro, then blame Deep Silver. They could have denied the extra money and kept it on Steam.

I see you on every Epic related post, not talking about the actual news, just bitching about how you don't like Epic. We get it. Riding your bandwagon across the forums is getting you nowhere.

BeastMode6 and tyrantnyx like this.
  16. SG854

SG854 Hell Spawn

Feb 17, 2017
    Kenya
    Kenya
    If you don’t have exclusives then what’s the point of having multiple store fronts? If all games are released on all store fronts.

But if you have only a few store fronts then people will complain about a monopoly, that a few control the majority, they will probably make graphs and charts to show this, like the Disney’s/Fox media graph they show with a hand and puppet strings.

And people will complain of quailty degradation because no competition and complain they will abuse the fact that they are a monopoly. But then complain that there is too many store fronts.

Last edited by SG854, Mar 20, 2019
  17. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Steam is in their repos, so that won't be an issue.

Graphics are only an issue if the used engine is poorly made and most common modern engines work perfectly on Linux.

Then again, the Epic launcher is shit regardless of these things.

Nightwish likes this.
  18. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    Right, so forcing us to use the most insecure store front, run by an anti-consumer company is the way to go about it? Gotcha.

19. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    Funny when it goes to pc we use the correct term of port, but games ported to a new console use the term "remaster" as if that actually means something. I suppose its easier to fool console only gamers that something other than configuration settings changed, I swear looking at forums people see an increased render resolution and they think the game has new textures?

Last edited by kevin corms, Mar 20, 2019