Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls headed to Steam soon as Epic exclusivity ends

dBzrYL5.png

A year has almost passed since Quantic Dream made the decision to bring their previously PlayStation exclusive games to the PC platform, through the Epic Games Store. In June, the exclusivity agreement with Epic will end, meaning all three games, Detroit: Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls, and Heavy Rain will all soon be able to release on Steam. All of the titles now have Steam pages, in anticipation of their imminent launch. We can expect to see the three of them launch on June 18th. Each of the games is available to wishlist on Steam, alongside a free demo to try the games out prior to their launch.

:arrow: Source: 1/2/3

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't last in the hardware scene. At least not for home consoles.
Then it's a good thing they've got the hybrid console market all to themselves. With Switch outselling XB1 just three years after launch, I don't think Nintendo is going anywhere any time soon. Previously they've had to get used to every other console being a flop sales-wise, but now their path forward for next gen is as clear and safe as it's ever been (Switch 2).

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Blaming your fanbase and supporters would be like if Walmart said their shareholders were at fault a metaphorical leak of Doug McMillon talking to someone like Joe Biden did to that one guy he called fat. It's biting the hand that feeds you, and shows a lack of resilience in the face of adversity that the dev(s) knew they were gonna get by using the same language other SJWs and those that share their ideology use to paint all criticism, and it also demonstrates a lack of self awareness. Why should people back your KS/GoFundMe/IndieGogo/other fundraising campaign if they feel that your attitude is not representative of what they view as a leader who's competent, intelligent, wise, willing to get their hands dirty, to bleed in the trenches with those he/she depends upon?

I hate all the SJW and snowflake crap, however, people need to grow the f up. It's a stupid game, even people who weren't interested in the game resorted to that shit. All this Steam this, Epic that needs to stop. So what if Epic greases a few palms? If you don't like it, ignore it. It's the best thing people can make in this situation. "There's no such thing as bad publicity", while the quote is not necessarily the truth and wrong in most cases, in this specific case, it fits. People keep talking about Epic and being stupid at it.

Anyway, regarding these games, while they may be pretty good games for a lot of people, I found them extremely somewhat dull.
Detroit had promise, but felt slow to me.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's about time!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can already buy it from EGS then list it on your Steam as a non-Steam game. Besides, these games are all singleplayer experiences. So a lot of people will have just pirated them.

If only.... I still haven't found "easy to install" copies of this game yet. I've been waiting on decent price drops up till now.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can remember how absolutely incensed everyone was when trying to install Half-Life 2 when it first came out.
I guess we're a small minority as Steam is put on a pedestal these days. I know there are obvious reasons why digital is good but man I miss my big box games.. or at least having the choice.

Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

Bowl0l

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If I buy them, I will keep an active thread to guilt Steam customers to seek technical support in Epics forums and CS

Ali3n90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like EGS a lot. I root for it to succeed, I see it as the competition that Steam has been needing. It is good for the paying consumers.

Same! I just picked up a few games for wayyy cheaper than steam. I even compared prior to buying. Happy to see a little bit of competition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn