Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls headed to Steam soon as Epic exclusivity ends

dBzrYL5.png

A year has almost passed since Quantic Dream made the decision to bring their previously PlayStation exclusive games to the PC platform, through the Epic Games Store. In June, the exclusivity agreement with Epic will end, meaning all three games, Detroit: Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls, and Heavy Rain will all soon be able to release on Steam. All of the titles now have Steam pages, in anticipation of their imminent launch. We can expect to see the three of them launch on June 18th. Each of the games is available to wishlist on Steam, alongside a free demo to try the games out prior to their launch.

:arrow: Source: 1/2/3

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dropping in to comment before all of the "it should've been on Steam, we don't need more launchers" start coming. I'm glad they're on Steam even though I'm not gonna play any of them. The Epic Games Store is the only launcher I don't like, only because of the pop up notifications you get on the desktop when it runs. At least with Steam I don't have to see stuff like that. But I don't mind Origin, Glyph, or Battle.net. And I wouldn't mind Epic if it weren't for the stupid pop ups on the desktop.

You can already buy it from EGS then list it on your Steam as a non-Steam game. Besides, these games are all singleplayer experiences. So a lot of people will have just pirated them.
I just hate seeing all of the people saying they should be on Steam because everybody already uses Steam.

You can turn that off in the settings in 2 seconds lol.

I'm glad to see them going to more launchers though very nice
Shows you how little I use it. I had it installed from when I tried Dauntless. That's not something that should be enabled by default though.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dropping in to comment before all of the "it should've been on Steam, we don't need more launchers" start coming. I'm glad they're on Steam even though I'm not gonna play any of them. The Epic Games Store is the only launcher I don't like, only because of the pop up notifications you get on the desktop when it runs. At least with Steam I don't have to see stuff like that. But I don't mind Origin, Glyph, or Battle.net. And I wouldn't mind Epic if it weren't for the stupid pop ups on the desktop.
You can turn that off in the settings in 2 seconds lol.

I'm glad to see them going to more launchers though very nice

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can already buy it from EGS then list it on your Steam as a non-Steam game. Besides, these games are all singleplayer experiences. So a lot of people will have just pirated them.
I'd rather have one launcher and not touch the god awful Epic Game Launcher

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I like EGS a lot. I root for it to succeed, I see it as the competition that Steam has been needing. It is good for the paying consumers.

The problem was when they forced people to use it through the exclusivity agreements, especially for games which were already announced for Steam and it’s ‘incomplete’/‘inferior’ state compared to other platforms e.g. lacking cloud saves, shopping basket, etc.

Had they just launched and gave out the free games, discounts, etc. Chances are people wouldn’t have complained as much.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem was when they forced people to use it through the exclusivity agreements, especially for games which were already announced for Steam and it’s ‘incomplete’/‘inferior’ state compared to other platforms e.g. lacking cloud saves, shopping basket, etc.

Had they just launched and gave out the free games, discounts, etc. Chances are people wouldn’t have complained as much.
That is valuable input. Thank you.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Exactly, the purpose of competition is to drive innovation, and EGS does not do that. It's basically Steam from 2003 trying to compete with Steam 2020. Tim Sweeney has even flat out said that he doesn't think customers matter, only attracting developers with Fortnite money does.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ouch.

Both are important. I do not like that man now.
The more you look into him the less you'll like him. He did nothing but talk shit about PC gaming for the better part of a decade, during which time Steam was busy establishing itself and receiving a constant stream of updates. Now that he's decided he wants a big piece of that pie, all he can do is whine about Valve's "monopoly" despite the fact that he had multiple opportunities to cut into their market share way earlier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over