HDMI Hubs?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for some kind of HDMI hub for my TV. My TV unfortunately only has 2 HDMI ports. One I use for cable, and the other, I switch between Xbox 360, PS4, and a BluRay player. I bought a real cheap hub, but it had problems. Using my Xbox 360, there was no sound and the image had weird artifacts randomly during use, and my BluRay player wouldn't even come up through the hub.

Is this how all the hubs are? Or is it just the fact that the thing was cheap and from China?

Any recommendations for a good one that will work for me?

EDIT: Here's the one I bought: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0XG14X5423

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just being from China doesn't make a bad product. They make quality goods depending on the manufacturer. Probably 90% of the gadgets every one of us owns came from China. It could be the part itself or a power issue.

Though before buying anything on Newegg, you really should have did your research in HDMI hubs. Just the sheer annoyance of buying something you don't want, or can't use should be enough incentive. You don't have to buy anything from Amazon, but they have the largest database in customer reviews. Just going by reviews alone you can get great insight on a product and people's satisfaction, and then shop around for the lowest price.

For example, I suggest this: http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-301BN-Premium-wireless-adapter/dp/B0049S6ZUS
-Its one of the highest rated devices of it's kind
-Its a well-established electronics brand with a year warranty
-Its incredibly reasonably priced
-Is AC powered so you have better chance at being compatible
-Comes with a remote
-Doesn't look like crap

And for another Amazon Prime item of $5.06, you'll qualify for Amazon's free shipping, but you may be subject to extra tax fees from the state you ordered/shipped from. If you don't want to qualify for the free shipping, you'll likely be spending $5 for shipping otherwise.

However, being as thrifty as I am, I only used Amazon's resources to help me learn what I want, and I use eBay's resources to get the best deal.
I can either Buy Now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251444998252 for $28 and get free shipping with no possibility of taxes.
Or I can try my luck with auctions and possibly score an even lower price with: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251451670176 or www.ebay.com/itm/251453731258

$28 should be a small price for a quality switcher.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HDMI is picky about that switch/sub you are using partly due to HDMI handshake.

Kinivo one that Chocolina linked looks like a good HDMI sub. Definitely not the pigtail sub you are using. Those are all craps.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Super bump for great justice. I just wanted to say thanks. I had forgotten about this and then remembered a few weeks back. The Kinivo one just arrived and seems to work great. Thanks again guys!

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a kinovo one for a couple of months now. Works great. I use the output of kinovo to input into my elgato game capture(3 consoles and my graphics card passing through kinovo and into elgato). The external ac adapter helps. I used to have a splitter without external power source and always used to get random black screen.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I bought a cheap HDMI auto-switcher a while ago and works perfectly, my Sammy has 2 HDMI ports so I used the HDMI hub on the #1 HDMI port.

This cheapass HDMI hub works when one's on and so forth. One at a time basically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.