Hardware 3rd Party Phone Chargers and Vention HDMI Hub/Cable

warriosbest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

So today, i got Vention 1meter cable type C to type C 60W/3A. Plugged with RavPower 61W, connect it into Vention HDMI Hub. Everything work well.
Switch fully detected Chargers with multiple Voltage,from 5V to 20V, it pick 15V

Price for all is about 30$
RavPower 61W - about 10$ | Details : https://www.chongdiantou.com/archives/50955.html
Vention Cable Type C - 60W/3A - 2.5-3$
Vention HDMI USB 3.0 Hub - 12-15$

Just let you guys know, it's safe btw.

But one thing that annoys me is picture not sharp because i plugged it into my portable 2K screen instead FHD screen. Not tested with Desktop Dell Screen/4K TV yet

Reactions: mikefor20

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Well it's nice and all, but what about a long-play consequences?

You know, for 1 month or 1 year it will be all fine, then suddenly a M92T36 IC may fail with the wrong current control scheme with the non-native 3rd party dock and AC adapter, aand it's gone.

What do you think?..

Last edited by mathew77,

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You know, for 1 month or 1 year it will be all fine, then suddenly a M92T36 IC may fail with the wrong current control scheme with the non-native 3rd party dock and AC adapter, aand it's gone.

What do you think?..
Considering that it’s Ravpower I definitely wouldn’t trust this long term

Almost everything I’ve had from this brand has failed somehow sooner rather than later

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So today, i got Vention 1meter cable type C to type C 60W/3A. Plugged with RavPower 61W, connect it into Vention HDMI Hub. Everything work well.
Switch fully detected Chargers with multiple Voltage,from 5V to 20V, it pick 15V

Price for all is about 30$
RavPower 61W - about 10$ | Details : https://www.chongdiantou.com/archives/50955.html
Vention Cable Type C - 60W/3A - 2.5-3$
Vention HDMI USB 3.0 Hub - 12-15$

Just let you guys know, it's safe btw.

But one thing that annoys me is picture not sharp because i plugged it into my portable 2K screen instead FHD screen. Not tested with Desktop Dell Screen/4K TV yet

I wouldn't call it safe, you looking forward to a bricked switch

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The Switch follows the PD standard so as long as your charger implements this correctly, no harm will be done.
By the way, how did you check that it uses 15V?

Reactions: AQS

warriosbest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

What do you think?..
so that mean all 3rd party is not 100% safe right ?

The Switch follows the PD standard so as long as your charger implements this correctly, no harm will be done.
By the way, how did you check that it uses 15V?
hekate, btw if u want to make sure, buy fnb48 or shizuku, about 30-45$, it have circuit safety,etc.. that stop if input have higher than output setting

everything in life is risky, i heard someguy got 330v wall instead 240v because some workers in electricity industry fucked up, in the end his ugreen 4 port is dead, lucky not ipad pro,etc...

Last edited by warriosbest,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you