HD NES on pre-order for $500

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

The price is insane regardless that it'll play NES/Famicom games in HD because a PC could do it too and for those that know a NES Toploader can play Famicom games too as well as those Cartridge region converters.​
Xbox One isn't worth $500 much less this thing.​
What I'd be interested seeing one of these companies do is PSP's UMD disc drive by itself for TVs but I guess there's more demand for an HD NES that costs $500.​

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Kind of neat I guess... not $500 neat though. For that price I would have expected it to play SNES as well at the very least.

If I had all of my Nintendo collection again, I would still prefer to play them on an older TV with the original NES systems.

Reactions: decemberchild

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I look at it, there isn't any xbox hate in the first post. When the Wii U was first released, people were saying it wasn't worth $350, and that didn't mean that they hated the Wii U because they said the price was too high. I think your claims of xbox hate (in this thread) are unfounded. I to think the $500 price tag of the xbone is too high, does that make me a hater?

When you go out of your way to mention it in topics that are in no way related, yeah, it's pretty obvious (and a little obsessive). It doesn't matter what the console is - Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, Dreamcast, whatever.

I agree with you on the price and overall, I'm definitely no fan of the Xbox One, but there's a time and a place and it isn't "every other post."

ON TOPIC...

Ha nope.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, this $500 console outputs a raw RGB signal, which the NES can do with a mod that probably costs you way less money. All you would then need is the HDMI upscaler, which in this is a separate addon anyway.
I don't see the point in this. The console looks ugly too.
I'm not even going to comment on the price tag, because there are no words to describe it.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Jeez...I know it's a niche product so prices will be high...but 500 bucks seems a lot even for the collectors. And what the hell is the "HD" part supposed to be? HD-ified 8-bit pixels? :unsure:

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

mortnoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's $500, cannot do HDMI without a $49 external upscaler, does not include HD cables of any kind, does not include controllers, uses a proprietary port for AV, all AV cables cost exorbitant amounts... yeah, I'm with everyone else saying it's either extortion or a ripoff. I just can't stop smiling in derision over this... thing! Frightening how, for the money, you could build an entry-level PC that could emulate everything up to and including the Wii, with infinitely more expandability, and infinitely less proprietary junk.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
bad video, they keep talking about what the NES used to be. I want to know what's new dammit.
skipped ahead and they're only talking about pricing.

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
This sounds all great and all, but what I miss is an comparison of the original
NES to an Emulator to the Analog NT to see if its justify an 500$ investment.
(Probably not, just curious how big the difference is)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, this is the biggest piece of crap I've heard, you can mod an NES with HDMI for less than $100, if that; this is extortionist BS, anyone dumb enough to spend $500 on a hipster NES console deserves to be ripped off. I can already do this on an emulator. $500 for a twenty-eight year old console, sure why not!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I already bought a 2006 launch wii when it came out, and it's basically my all-in-one emulation station. Emulates just about anything that came on a cartridge, sans DS/3DS and Virtualboy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1