Homebrew Discussion [HBG/SHOP] The new FreeShop for the Nintendo Switch [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I used to thought the same until the bullshit of locking current features behind the sx os license without any reason.
Of course this just mine opinion as mere user...

That was a direct result of the atmosphere / hekate / kosmos community not regulating itself correctly and not making sane decisions. its not so much I don't care about about Atmosphere, it is not that I do care about software that provides poor user experience and causes issues with users trying to use my software.

To be clear, the main issue is hekate / kosmos.

Reactions: xabier and Raul8

sillz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I used to thought the same until the bullshit of locking current features behind the sx os license without any reason.
Of course this just mine opinion as mere user...

from what I understand you do not need to be a SX user to unlock features, if you donate there discord then you also get these features unlocked ( depending on your donation amount)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That was a direct result of the atmosphere / hekate / kosmos community not regulating itself correctly and not making sane decisions. its not so much I don't care about about Atmosphere, it is not that I do care about software that provides poor user experience and causes issues with users trying to use my software.

You do know Kosmos is just a package right? With Atmosphere and Hekate? They just make some apps, but nothing that pokes in Atmosphere.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know Kosmos is just a package right? With Atmosphere and Hekate? They just make some apps, but nothing that pokes in Atmosphere.

I know what kosmos is, the issue is a) hekate and b) how kosmos configures hekate.

I just always lump hekate and kosmos together since most kosmos users do not even know they are running hekate.

gnze796

Trophies
XP
Country
I know what kosmos is, the issue is a) hekate and b) how kosmos configures hekate.

I just always lump hekate and kosmos together since most kosmos users do not even know they are running hekate.

Okay sure, you could block Kosmos from using Tinfoil (which would be very easy) and let Hekate users chainload fusee-primary (as most of us do since v8) but I still no reason to paywall features like icon view, gdrive auth and others

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay sure, you could block Kosmos from using Tinfoil (which would be very easy) and let Hekate users chainload fusee-primary (as most of us do since v8) but I still no reason to paywall features like icon view, gdrive auth and others

Users complain when you block kosmos or hekate. I am trying to reduce noise. I encouraged Reinx (before it died) as that CFW "just werks" but unfortunately it died so the only good CFW left is SX OS.

Believe it or not I am bending over backwards to still support Atmosphere while trying to discourage hekate usage. But if it reaches a point where there is too much noise despite these efforts, it will be SX only. The easy thing for me to do is go SX only, then almost every single one of my support issues vanishes. Hekate is cancer.

gnze796

Trophies
XP
Country
Users complain when you block kosmos or hekate. I am trying to reduce noise. I encouraged Reinx (before it died) as that CFW "just werks" but unfortunately it died so the only good CFW left is SX OS.

Believe it or not I am bending over backwards to still support Atmosphere while trying to discourage hekate usage. But if it reaches a point where there is too much noise despite these efforts, it will be SX only. The easy thing for me to do is go SX only, then almost every single one of my support issues vanishes. Hekate is cancer.

All the issues you talk about would be instantly gone as soon as you forced Tinfoil to be used only on fusee-primary loads or exit if found any Kosmos trace. (And most of us wont care if Kosmos gets blocked, because they do not care about Tinfoil either)

The official payload for Atmosphere was and always will be fusee-primary, just because Kosmos got popular it doesn't mean everyone uses it.

In the end, it is your decision obviously, but SX OS is waaay far from being a bugfree CFW, which is not acceotable in my opinion since you have to pay for it.

Worst case scenario, you could bring back forked Atmosphere as you had back in v4 or 5

Last edited by gnze796,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the issues you talk about would be instantly gone as soon as you forced Tinfoil to be used only on fusee-primary loads or exit if found any Kosmos trace. (And most of us wont care if Kosmos gets blocked, because they do not care about Tinfoil either)

The official payload for Atmosphere was and always will be fusee-primary, just because Kosmos got popular it doesn't mean everyone uses it.

In the end, it is your decision obviously, but SX OS is waaay far from being a bugfree CFW, which is not acceotable in my opinion since you have to pay for it.

Worst case scenario, you could bring back forked Atmosphere as you had back in v4 or 5

People complained about forked atmosphere. And the only fixes half of the issues from Hekate. Hekate itself, was designed poorly / wont conform to scene standards.

gnze796

Trophies
XP
Country
People complained about forked atmosphere. And the only fixes half of the issues from Hekate. Hekate itself, was designed poorly / wont conform to scene standards.

Who cares about Hekate anyway. It is not needed to make Atmosphere or homebrew work. Your issue is only with Hekate users, and if they are gonna cry, so be it. Atmosphere works just fine.

monobatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vanuatu
from what I understand you do not need to be a SX user to unlock features, if you donate there discord then you also get these features unlocked ( depending on your donation amount)

My point this is: tinfoil is constantly in every update locking CURRENT features behind some sorta payment. If they want to make a paid app that's fucking fine, just be honest.

Well, just looks like that you targeting everyone that doesn't use the sx os.
Apart from hekate/kosmos support, my experience with the app is just getting worst and worst bc seems that features are being taking away without reason (like the fucking change view wtf).

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point this is: tinfoil is constantly in every update locking CURRENT features behind some sorta payment. If they want to make a paid app that's fucking fine, just be honest.

Apart from hekate/kosmos support, my experience with the app is just getting worst and worst bc seems that features are being taking away without reason (like the fucking change view wtf).

Please re-read what I said. I have not nearly as much of an issue with Atmosphere, as I have issue with Hekate. They are not the same thing. I use Atmosphere without Hekate as god intended (because SXOS wont run on my switch).

Reactions: Lacius

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

and why don't you stop using the app if it is frustrated you so?

Though @blawar I do hope some of the obvious features like the icon view could come back to the atmosphere users, for free, as it was before. I can't seem to think of a logical reason to block these, as it was possible from the start.

gnze796

Trophies
XP
Country
+Gosh Kosmos is bas
- Atmosphere is not Kosmos
+Gosh Hekate is bad
- Atmosphere official payload is fusee primary, not Hekate
+Just use SX OS
- SX OS won't work in my Switch.

@blawar it is your software, and you can do with it as you please. But do not blame (great) features being paywalled for Atmosphere users just because you do not like Kosmos/Hekate, when they have nothing to do with Atmosphere itself.

Reactions: Rahkeesh

monobatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vanuatu
and why don't you stop using the app if it is frustrated you so?

Though @blawar I do hope some of the obvious features like the icon view could come back to the atmosphere users, for free, as it was before. I can't seem to think of a logical reason to block these, as it was possible from the start.

I already did.

Please re-read what I said. I have not nearly as much of an issue with Atmosphere, as I have issue with Hekate. They are not the same thing. I use Atmosphere without Hekate as god intended (because SXOS wont run on my switch).

What you said doesn't match with what you are doing (for the most users tho).

Witchbender

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since V8 I can not download anything from online-sourc.
Files get queued and fail after some seconds with both mirrors included in the hbgshop_aio_pack.

Console output:
beginning Stream install
disabling sleep
blocking home button
network error 35: ssl_handshake returned - mbedTLS: (-0x7200) SSL - An invalid SSL record was received. code =
failed to read pfs0 header!

I´m on:
System: Firmware 9.1.0
SX OS V2.9.3
Tinfoil 8.10 R19 (HBGshop bundle)
NUT USB & Network install works

Any idea what this ssl error might be about?
Thanks in advance

gnze796

Trophies
XP
Country
Since V8 I can not download anything from online-sourc.
Files get queued and fail after some seconds with both mirrors included in the hbgshop_aio_pack.

Console output:
beginning Stream install
disabling sleep
blocking home button
network error 35: ssl_handshake returned - mbedTLS: (-0x7200) SSL - An invalid SSL record was received. code =
failed to read pfs0 header!

I´m on:
System: Firmware 9.1.0
SX OS V2.9.3
Tinfoil 8.10 R19 (HBGshop bundle)
NUT USB & Network install works

Any idea what this ssl error might be about?
Thanks in advance

Ssl 35 > Fix the time and date of your console

cpnclutch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an issue with nx shop downloads if anybody is around to help.

Versions:
Payload: fusee-primary
EMU: atmos 0.10.2
Console: 9.1.0
Tinfoil: 8.1.0 r14 (heard there was a r19 but tinfoil's site does not have r19?)

HBG downloads work fine, but nx shop throws a:
File Forbidden
Failed to read pfs0 header!

until it fails. Any suggestions? I have already checked the sys clock and re-downloaded hbg and tinfoil multiple times

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssl 35 > Fix the time and date of your console

Could a lso be that he has old JITS still added, I believe their
I am having an issue with nx shop downloads if anybody is around to help.

Versions:
Payload: fusee-primary
EMU: atmos 0.10.2
Console: 9.1.0
Tinfoil: 8.1.0 r14 (heard there was a r19 but tinfoil's site does not have r19?)

HBG downloads work fine, but nx shop throws a:
File Forbidden
Failed to read pfs0 header!

until it fails. Any suggestions? I have already checked the sys clock and re-downloaded hbg and tinfoil multiple times

Forbidden is generally a quota error.

cpnclutch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could a lso be that he has old JITS still added, I believe their

Forbidden is generally a quota error.

So I was told that too, but others that are trying to help me tell me that they aren't having any issues. Just seems to be me.

JohnSheridan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a problem with HBG Shop and the new Switch firmware. I‘m on 9.2.0 with SX OS 2.9.4
Now the current HBG Shop version crash at start. It‘s still work on an older EmuNand with 9.1.0 / SX 2.9.2.

What can I do now? Wait for a new HBG shop version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps