Hacking HBC 1.0.6

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet.

My HBC was freezing when I was sorting through my apps. Seem to only happen if I was in the HBC for a certain amount of time.

Glad to see they got a fix.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SDHC still doesnt "hot-plug" when I try to reinsert it while in HBC.
frown.gif

acesniper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlackEnigma said:
It was so nice to see an update come through the hbc. Such a pleasant surprise they should do it more often.
It's a pain uninstalling CIOSCORP and then reinstalling it. I'd rather have them wait on the updates.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make sure you guys are aware that updating from HBC 1.0.3 to 1.0.5 or higher results in the ticket change to JODI from HAXX for HBC.

If you don't install the new versions of bootmii and preloader (0.29 JODI) you won't be able to boot to HBC anymore from them, so pray you don't brick.

I hope we don't get a crap load of threads from people who didn't read that say:
WHY WON'T BOOTMII OR PRELOADER BOOT TO HBC, I AM BRICKED!!!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183596

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LufianGuy said:
I want to make sure you guys are aware that updating from HBC 1.0.3 to 1.0.5 or higher results in the ticket change to JODI from HAXX for HBC.

If you don't install the new versions of bootmii and preloader (0.29 JODI) you won't be able to boot to HBC anymore from them, so pray you don't brick.

I hope we don't get a crap load of threads from people who didn't read that say:
WHY WON'T BOOTMII OR PRELOADER BOOT TO HBC, I AM BRICKED!!!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183596

is there a "fix" to change it from JODI back to HAXX? thanks

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing here as I haven't done this myself.

Only thing I can think of is to go back to HBC 1.0.3. or wait until someone changes it and posts it.

Or you can just reinstall the latest bootmii and JODI Preloader 0.29.

Or you can do as Zektor said and use Startpatch v4.2.

I plan to stay at 4.0U and HBC 1.0.3 because everything works fine as it is.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
StartPatch v4.2 has a patch to allow HAXX to be used again.

wow you blasted me before and now there is a patch to allow HAXX
yay.gif

can you help me with this below?
I have a NTSC-U Wii at 3.2U with Preloader installed, what do I need to do to install StartPatch v4.2U and to use it instead of Preloader? can I uninstall Preloader? so since StartPatch doesn't load into HBC, I assume it loads into the Wii menu, correct? thanks for the help

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had CIOSCORP from the beginning and it's never given me a single problem. Heck I even oversaw the whole thing unfold in that thread. I'm surprised hackmii refers to WiiBlaster as an idiot in the FAQ when he most definitely is not and was the first person to discover disk channel loading. I've never understood what all the hatin' is about. The hackmii installer could work fine with CIOSCORP if they wanted it to.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is absolutely no reason to use an old version of the HBC. It is just going to constantly nag you to update. The HAXX patch is in StartPatch, but I personally recommend to always use the latest HBC/hackmii installer. v1.06 fixed alot of issues (even I had some) and it is very sweet at this point.

jameswm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
zektor said:
There is absolutely no reason to use an old version of the HBC. It is just going to constantly nag you to update. The HAXX patch is in StartPatch, but I personally recommend to always use the latest HBC/hackmii installer. v1.06 fixed alot of issues (even I had some) and it is very sweet at this point.
There is a reason: my HD doesn't work in any USB Loader when launched through HBC 1.0.5 or 1.0.6. It just works in 1.0.3.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jameswm said:
zektor said:
There is a reason: my HD doesn't work in any USB Loader when launched throuth HBC 1.0.5 or 1.0.6. It just work in 1.0.3.

First time I heard of that one. Ok then, simply use StartPatch, apply the patch, and install an older hackmii (v0.2)

Kamina84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues as well.
frown.gif
I have the latest cios, waninkoko's 4.2 updater, hbc 1.0.5, and ios 60 unpatched.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/823/98963750.png

I don't have cioscorp installed either (Mostly because i don't like to have too many things installed on my Wii just in case a Nintendo Update doesn't like it.
tongue.gif
); however, i did install some stuff that was required in order to use Backup Launcher .03 gamma back when i had 3.2. Does installing a fresh IOS 36 really work ? And if so, will i still be able to play backups, install wads, and play imports via Gecko OS if done ?

P.S. Curse you Team Twiizers !! >:(

EDIT: Problem solved.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184298

Thanks to the people in the topics !!
biggrin.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
I've had CIOSCORP from the beginning and it's never given me a single problem. Heck I even oversaw the whole thing unfold in that thread. I'm surprised hackmii refers to WiiBlaster as an idiot in the FAQ when he most definitely is not and was the first person to discover disk channel loading. I've never understood what all the hatin' is about. The hackmii installer could work fine with CIOSCORP if they wanted it to.
not really. You see, it looks for specific bugs that exist in specific versions of specific IOS's. CIOScorp installs fakesigned IOS's that might not even be the proper one (e.g. Installing IOS36 in place of IOS9, etc.) and the installer can't possibly know what to do on a system in a disordered state like that.

Later versions are more orderly than the first cIOScorp from what I can tell, but it's not their job to try to make their installer compatible with Wiis that have had their software architecture thrown into a blender.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work