Hacking Haxchii - DLC w retail disc not working?

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 5.5.2 wii U with haxchi installed, and have some retail games installed, and some from wiiusb helper. (installed using wupinstaller+ymod tool to install usb helper games). I've had zero issues using wupinstaller. I run Haxchi after each bootup, to enable CFW, so I doubt Haxchi is the problem.

My issue is trying to get the DLC for Smash Bros wii U to install. I grabbed it off usbhelper and put it on the SD card. I run haxchi, launch HBC, choose wupinstaller, and can find the DLC content, mark it and install it. It said the install completed but it doesn't show up in the game. I've tried installing to USB drive and system memory. I'm wondering if the SD card install file/folder pathing is wrong, but wup does see it right away and doesn't throw any error when installing.

The Smash game itself is a retail disc, and I run Haxchi anyway before playing, so the DLC should be usable. I thought DLC installed through CFW will work with retail games.... But if that's the problem, I guess I could download/install Smash that way?
Let me know if anyone knows why the DLC isn't taking. Thanks!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If WUPinstaller can see it and installs it the sd card path can't be wrong. Not sure about DLC working with retail discs though. But why not just rip the game anyway so you don't have to put the disc in anymore?

Also make sure the DLC is the same region as your game.

Last edited by ,

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dlc and disc are both the same region. I guess I can rip or download the game, I'm just out of space on the SD card and system storage. Just an 8gb white Wii u. :-P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!