Itach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I followed this guide right here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-method-to-load-fw-img-or-mocha-cfw-without-gamepad.457990/

Basically I want to change the config.txt and the meta.xml so I can use my wii remote or pro controller to launch Haxchi instead of the gamepad.

I changed my config.txt using filezilla and I also changed the meta.xml to get rid of the wii u gamepad required command. But when I reinstall Haxchi it doesn't save all the changes I made. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Also before I reinstall Haxchi to update the config and meta I check to see whether what I changed is still there and it is but it goes away after reinstalling.

Have not tried changing the config.txt in the root of the sd card (using filezilla) because without the meta.xml data being change I can't access it without the wii u gamepad.

Itach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think the haxchi folder in the root of the sd card is causing this problem because it also has the config.txt? I'm changing the brain age "haxchi" config.txt and meta.xml using ftpiiueverywhere and filezilla

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When you install Haxchi (or CBHC), yes, the installer copies all supported files from the /haxchi/ or /cbhc/ folder and applies them to the base game

Just edit the config on SD, install Haxchi again, then connect over FTP and change the gamepad mode in the meta.xml

Reactions: Itach

Itach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Config works but when I changed the gamepad mode in the meta.xml and restarted the wii u it still shows the "Please turn on the GamePad" with my wiimote and pro controller.

ftpiiu said transfer successful so I'm not sure what's going on :/

Itach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the problem. I was editing the file local so when FileZilla gave me the option to delete the file and edit a new I did that and pressed the home button when I was finished editing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o