Homebrew Haxchi installation and errors

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I decided to install Haxchi on my WiiU. I am going through the guide here:

https://wiiu.guide/get-started

Whenever I get to the part where rednand formats my SD card and backups my sysnand, it eventually finishes. I go to run the Haxchi app again but this time I get a -5 error and the WiiU hangs.

This is the part I am at:

https://wiiu.guide/mocha-cfw-(haxchi)

Am I doing something wrong? If you need any information to help, please let me know.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off. DON'T FOLLOW THAT GUIDE.
I've heard of many problems with that guides directions.
Second don't install rednand to do cbhc. In fact you don't even need RedNAND.
Let me find the post to follow. I'll report back. Unless someone else beats me to it.
BUT DON'T FOLLOW THAT GUIDE! !!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/
@Kafluke you want to chime in?

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jbuck you da man! Thanks so much for posting I will keep an eye out This thing is in the middle of the nand dump so when its done, I will start over when you or someone posts up the correct guide! :)

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do I purchased Brain Age At this point, should I delete it and download it fresh again since its been hacked with this haxchi process?

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically ive run the homebrew channel from loadiin.ovh rednand is running and dumping the sysnand....thats as far as ive gotten on this pass its almost done backing up slccmpt once this is done, im supposed to run the haxchi app again (which used to be brain age) but thats where the -5 error shows up i dont want to stop this dump process in case it can cause other issues if not completed. once its done, i will just delete what was brain age and download it again and then start with the guide you sent

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I saw it lol after i posted my second post :) looking at it now i think i looked at this before possible i remember something about setting dns entries and then not being able to connect to the eshop

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can let that finish. Basically that's putting rednand on you sd card
Do you have the ds game installed on you sysnand? Unplug hard drives?
Reread instructions until you fully understand everything

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I saw it lol after i posted my second post :) looking at it now i think i looked at this before possible i remember something about setting dns entries and then not being able to connect to the eshop
Once you download ds game. Reset up dns

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off. DON'T FOLLOW THAT GUIDE.
I've heard of many problems with that guides directions.
Second don't install rednand to do cbhc. In fact you don't even need RedNAND.
Let me find the post to follow. I'll report back. Unless someone else beats me to it.
BUT DON'T FOLLOW THAT GUIDE! !!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/
@Kafluke you want to chime in?

Yeah, that guide just tells you what to do and doesn't give you a choice as to why. Plus its wrong. It's using a CFW to boot a CFW to launch a 3rd unstable CFW. I still use redNAND but only for testing and messing around. Everyday use for me is HaxChi CFW.

I just updated the guide to include @EyeKey 's NAND backup tool. A very important step now that you can unbrick.

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi is installed. I originally was able to run the hb installer and install needed apps to the sd card but I dont see them showing up. Also, I tried going back through the process and when I go to open the HB App store, I get stuck at a white screen. I see other people talking about this when having the SD card named wii, which I dont. Its just named SD

D

Deleted User

Haxchi is installed. I originally was able to run the hb installer and install needed apps to the sd card but I dont see them showing up. Also, I tried going back through the process and when I go to open the HB App store, I get stuck at a white screen. I see other people talking about this when having the SD card named wii, which I dont. Its just named SD
Insert SDCard to PC then head to wiiu/apps/appstore and delete folder named "cache"

Reactions: flashkraker

flashkraker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think I got this working This time the apps I installed actually show up when running Haxchi! The app store crashes every now and then but I managed to get the WUP installer downloaded and its installing from the SD card.

Clearing the cache by the way helped. I got right into the app store after i deleted that folder.

A little more involved than Mailbomb was on the Wii but def worth it. Now custom firmware...I guess I should figure out what I really want to use. Is redNAND the most powerful option to go with?

Last edited by flashkraker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1