Hacking Haxchi-coldboot - autobooting Haxchi installer

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Last night I tried to install this coldboot hax, and the first outcome was a softbrick. The system would have bootloop trying to get iosuhax, so I attempted to uninstall it and replaced the syshax.xml and system.xml. Needless to say that I believe I bricked my system, is there anything I can do to fix this issue?
Sounds like you use the wrong fw.img

Mauste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did the first post's -5 issue fix, and it worked. However, I still cannot boot into my redNAND. It just shows a black screen after iosuhax logo. Am I using a wrong fw.img? I used dimok's fork and compiled it with just the "make" command.

I am able to get it to coldboot HBL though. For the time being, I uninstalled the coldboothax since all my stuff is in my redNAND (I formated the sysNAND after creating redNAND) and it works like before. However, I would like to get the redNAND coldbooting to work :)

Also, can I just compile another fw.img and boot the redNAND with that one without losing the stuff that is currently in my redNAND? Personally I don't see why not, but I would like the input from more experienced users.

PS: The meta.xml in the most recent installer says that it is version 2.2u1 even though on github it is 2.2u2. You probably forgot to fix that when you uploaded the -5 issue fix.

Last edited by Mauste,

::Phoenix::

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I did the first post's -5 issue fix, and it worked. However, I still cannot boot into my redNAND. It just shows a black screen after iosuhax logo. Am I using a wrong fw.img? I used dimok's fork and compiled it with just the "make" command.

I am able to get it to coldboot HBL though. For the time being, I uninstalled the coldboothax since all my stuff is in my redNAND (I formated the sysNAND after creating redNAND) and it works like before. However, I would like to get the redNAND coldbooting to work :)

Also, can I just compile another fw.img and boot the redNAND with that one without losing the stuff that is currently in my redNAND? Personally I don't see why not, but I would like the input from more experienced users.

PS: The meta.xml in the most recent installer says that it is version 2.2u1 even though on github it is 2.2u2. You probably forgot to fix that when you uploaded the -5 issue fix.
Is your fw.IMG in the root of SD card?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is your fw.IMG in the root of SD card?
RedNAND is working fine for me

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can I have a look at your config.txt?

Anyway, I did a clean install with the latest installer and using a freshly compiled rednand fw.img and everyything works fine. You either got a wrong config.txt or a wrong fw.img.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Last night I tried to install this coldboot hax, and the first outcome was a softbrick. The system would have bootloop trying to get iosuhax, so I attempted to uninstall it and replaced the syshax.xml and system.xml. Needless to say that I believe I bricked my system, is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Yeah, read the first post, specifically the stuff is bold red.

My bad, he changed it.

It should say: DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SHIT IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Last edited by icw35,
Reactions: Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

My bad, he changed it.

I changed it because the app is not causing any brick. He bricked because he messed MANUALLY with the xml files. This is a behaviour which is not covered anyway buy the sentence "DON'T FUCK WITH THIS...". Spreading the fact that the app is unsafe is unfair. People should just read. I don't care if they mess up because they don't want to read.

Couldn't I just use THIS on the sd instead of a fw.img?
As far as you use the coldboot one, yes.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I changed it because the app is not causing any brick. He bricked because he messed MANUALLY with the xml files. This is a behaviour which is not covered anyway buy the sentence "DON'T FUCK WITH THIS...". Spreading the fact that the app is unsafe is unfair. People should just read. I don't care if they mess up because they don't want to read.

No offence meant to you dude. I think you should put it anyway because too many people don't/(can't?) read. Better safe than sorry. I just think there are too many dumb asses on here. Also, nothing I said says the app is unsafe.

Last edited by icw35,

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intersting thought...
When I first tried installing haxchi a week ago, i left my usb in the WiiU and Brain Age installed to the usb.
So I just popped my usb back in to see if my Brazillian Method Installed games would still work with this method,
soon as the WiiU booted it went straight to Brain Age Game and was playable. So I rebooted the WiiU without the USB and it went back to normal with HBL.
Wonder if it would be possible for Haxchi-Coldboot to block the usb upon booting, and using a button config to boot to usb to still be able to play the Haxchi'd Game?
Just a thought.

Actually could I just delete the game from the usb through data managent settings without bricking?

Last edited by Cylent1,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

My bad, he changed it.

I like that, 100% agreed @::Phoenix:: I dare you to change the title to "DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SHIT IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING ELSE YOU WILL BE PROPER FUCKED, RABBIT STYLE"

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: icw35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)