Homebrew Having trouble installing gba.cia on new3ds ver 9.1j

Energygamer3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone I have been having trouble running any .cia gba games. I downloaded the games so they are legit but the problem I am having is using FBI or anything like that to install the gba games in sysnand. I have spent several days trying to figure this out my 3ds is a regular new3ds with 9.1j firmware. Emunand such as gateway works perfectly fine but I cannot for the life of me figure out the .cia gba thing and it is driving me bonkers! Please help if you can. I would really appreciate it also let me know if you need any more info. :) I am using Ninjahax 2.5 for hbl and I have rxtools ready to go also I tried injecting the FBI installer onto my nand but no go on that telling me that health and safety info is missing.

Energygamer3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome everyone thanks for the response but rxtools injection method is not working for me I realize I have to be on SysNand to use virtual console but I cannot install any and I do many ANY .cias on sysnand they just do not show up

Energygamer3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS? Use Retroarch GPSP, dude. Runs GBA basically perfectly, and actually has proper emulation features. :)

(Also 9.1j? why not 9.2j?)

haha well not sure why exactly just for the hell of it I guess haha (I messed up) :)

Is there a reason you don't want to install the patched agb_firm?

I want to install it I have no idea how to though could you help me with that everything I have read on installing it seems like a complicated thing haha :)

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Energygamer3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a little confusing do I just type in the title.cia I want to download for new3ds? and download it or do I need to delete a title.cia first this is kind of confusing for me :) please advise if it is not too much trouble :)
0004013820000202 v4816

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nevermind sorry everyone I think I have it just having some brain farts :) thanks for all the help though :D

Last edited by Energygamer3ds,

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
N3DS? Use Retroarch GPSP, dude. Runs GBA basically perfectly, and actually has proper emulation features. :)

(Also 9.1j? why not 9.2j?)
Can you explain this for me?
I did use Retroarch GPSP on emuNAND 10.3 N3DS but most of the games still ran a bit slow. CIA version FYI. Is there a N3DS speedup option somewhere?

Energygamer3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got it to work and here is everything that I did I formatted my sd card and started from scratch. After formatting I updated my gateway Emunand to 10.4 and RX mode to 10.4. After that I went straight to the main source of the FBI installer and installed the latest version. After that I installed themehax again using my sky3ds card with cubic ninja. After all this I booted up the console and installed FBI.3dsx from the source installer version (1.4.1.7 or something like that pretty sure it was the most recent build of FBI). I than ran it in HBL and it gave me the signature is invalid. So I installed the agb firm file for new3ds and then after that I turned on my new3ds booted PastaCFW up and then I started the FBI.3dsx again once I was back to HBL using themehax and after all that I could install my .cia files to NAND. I am happy as a clam and playing some Megaman Battle Network 6. Thanks so much man you are awesome most of this was common sense but I never in a 100 years would have thought to boot into pasta cfw go back into hbl and boot into FBI that was pure genius my friend

OOTNES2 is a genius he helped me ALOT via PM's and I appreciate his help as well as everyone else on here thanks so much guys lets get to playin! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup