Hacking Having touble putting homebrew apps on Sky3ds (blue button)

Oricalu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This might be a noob question but I have just gotten into homebrew development and wanted to put one of my projects onto a Sky3ds (blue button) cartridge. I have compiled it into a .3ds file using makerom and am trying to use diskwriter to write it to the card. I have realised I need to make a template for the app, and have tried several tools to make one, and even tried making one manually (using a hex editor) but diskwriter still says that it is not in the template.txt file.

I might just be going about this completely wrong though so any help would be appreciated.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a noob question but I have just gotten into homebrew development and wanted to put one of my projects onto a Sky3ds (blue button) cartridge. I have compiled it into a .3ds file using makerom and am trying to use diskwriter to write it to the card. I have realised I need to make a template for the app, and have tried several tools to make one, and even tried making one manually (using a hex editor) but diskwriter still says that it is not in the template.txt file.

I might just be going about this completely wrong though so any help would be appreciated.
Install CFW then it wont be a problem

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The purpose of the Sky is to correctly emulate a game card (which the red/blue model mostly do right but not as accurately as an orange one), of course if you feed them an unsigned rom the result will be an unsigned card

I used to have a link in my sig on how to use diskwriter for something that's not a clean dump of a commercial game (https://gbatemp.net/threads/create-template-for-blue-button-sky3ds-ourself.430142/) but of course you will need a console without signature checks to run it on

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...