Having problems getting to work Wiiload

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sacohen9665, Nov 21, 2010.

Nov 21, 2010
  1. Sacohen9665
    OP

Member Sacohen9665 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I had Wiiload working on my Windows Vista PC and I had to reformat the drive.

I'm trying to set it up again and I can't get it to work.

I followed everything I could find about intergrating it into the shell so I could just right click on a dol or elf, but noting worked.

A DOS prompt would flash up for a half sec and the dissappear before I could read what it said and nothing on the Wii.

I though maybe I was intergrating it in the shell wrong, but I tried some of the applications that supposedly do it for you and northing.

I even found the file I made last time to install the registry edits and it didn't do anything different.

Tonight I figured I would try dropping a dol on the Wiload.exe file directly like it says to do at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiiload and nothing different, so at this point I know it is not the shell intergration, but something with Wiiload and my network.

I do have the environmental variables set as WIILOAD and my IP address of 192.168.1.195.

[​IMG]

My network is working becuae I can reach the Wii thru FTPii and Filezillia at the same IP address.

Any suggestions arer greatly appreciated.

2. Sacohen9665
    OP

United States
    I'm really surprised that no one has any suggestions for this problem.
    I would think with all the knowledgeable users out there I would get some help on this matter.

3. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

The environment variable should be "tcp:

4. Sacohen9665
    OP

United States
    Thank you.

I will try that tonight when I get home even thought I don't recall it being that way when it worked before or on my son's system.

Edit: I checked when I got home and the enviroment variable was set to tcp:192.168.1.195, rebooted the system again and it still does not work.

I tried running it from a command prompt again and it did work this time.

So it must be my registry entries.

Should the file in the System32 directory be Wiiload.exe or just Wiiload?

5. Sacohen9665
    OP

United States
    My system variable are set correctly tcp:192.168.1.195 and I can get wiiload to work from a command prompt or if I drop a dol, elf or wad onto the wiiload exe file, but I just can not get it to work from the Windows shell.

[​IMG]

The registry edits that I'm inserting during the merge step are as follows...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dol\shell\Send to Wii\command]
    "@=wiiload %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.elf\shell\Send to Wii\command]
    "@=wiiload %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.wad\shell\Send to Wii\command]
    "@=wiiload %1"