Hacking Having Problem W/ Sneek+Di Installation

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what's wrong, but I can't seem to install sneek+ di. I installed uneek about two years ago without a problem. now, however, I can't get sneek+di to work. I think it might be that the nand is messed up since I had to use that nand extraction tool on the wii (forgot the name). I had originally tried using bootmii which worked correctly, but trying to use showmiiwads, which is what I used when I installed uneek, as well as another nand extraction tool didn't work. both extraction tools would crash when trying to extract the nand. I've tried it on two computers as well. I've heard of others experiencing the same when extracting the nand dump, but I don't know really know how they fixed the problem. does anyone know how to fix this? thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm...I'm thinking the problem is with the sneek complier itself. I tried using the nand I use for uneek, and I got the same result (one quick disc light flash). this has happened with a nand of 3.2, 4,1, and modmii. just for clarification, I need the boot2 file on the root of the sd card for it to boot into sneek directly upon bootup--correct? I did that with uneek, but I saw no mention of it in the sneek tutorial. also, does a game need to be in a folder marked game on the usb drive? I saw this mentioned for every sneek and uneek version with a disclaimer saying it was only required for uneek+di. I don't recall this step at all when originally installing uneek.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what's wrong, but I can't seem to install sneek+ di. I installed uneek about two years ago without a problem. now, however, I can't get sneek+di to work. I think it might be that the nand is messed up since I had to use that nand extraction tool on the wii (forgot the name). I had originally tried using bootmii which worked correctly, but trying to use showmiiwads, which is what I used when I installed uneek, as well as another nand extraction tool didn't work. both extraction tools would crash when trying to extract the nand. I've tried it on two computers as well. I've heard of others experiencing the same when extracting the nand dump, but I don't know really know how they fixed the problem. does anyone know how to fix this? thanks
Sometimes the computer locks up for a few minutes when extracting the NAND. Just be patient.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, both crash immediately. after a few seconds, the programs close entirely and no nand extraction appears.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...