How to use emuNAND?

finthesecond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded neek2o and SNEEK+DI using ModMii, as well region-changed my Wii 2 times (i thought it would be a good idea) and when starting the neek2o WAD, I'm stuck at the "Reloading bootmii IOS!" message yet I didn't wait "that much", probably for 5-8 minutes until I did a force-shutdown. Is this is okay it takes this long to load, and if yes - how much do I need to wait?

(your tool so swag xflak)

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The first time launching an emunand with neek, I would avoid using forwarders. Instead, manually make sure the bootmiineek folder is renamed to bootmii, and launch "bootmii" (really neek) from the hbc (or priiloader, or bootmii boot2, etc). The onscreen directions after using modmii to build neek or an emunand describes how to even load uneek without an SD card or bootmii folder (using usbloader gx's features menu). [p.s. Check your sd card first without making any changes, if u see a bootmiineek folder and not bootmii, then the forwarder/app was unsuccessful in its attempt to rename the folder before reloading bootmii ios, meaning the current issue is definitely the way you are loading neek)

First boot of a fresh emunand may take up to 15 min or so, usually there is one long blackscreen, then users are prompted to enter some info like console ID name, etc, then another long blackscreen before the emulated system menu loads. If 10 minutes passes and you haven't gotten past the first blackscreen something probably isn't going right.

Anyway, once you've managed to launch neek, subsequent attempts will be very quick, so u can try loading using forwarders and you'll know almost immediately whether it works or not.

Reactions: finthesecond

finthesecond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first time launching an emunand with neek, I would avoid using forwarders. Instead, manually make sure the bootmiineek folder is renamed to bootmii, and launch "bootmii" (really neek) from the hbc (or priiloader, or bootmii boot2, etc).
Okay, I renamed the folder using WiiXplorer, and now I have to wait for 15 minutes on a black screen, or on "reloading bootmii ios" screen? Seems like everything is going just like you said (black screen after Launch BootMii)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
How did u launch "bootmii"? Iirc It should halt on a blackscreen, not on any screens that's say reloading bootmii ios. First boot of a fresh emunand could take up to 15 min as it is expanding files. During this process you may notice some activity on your USB (assuming it has an activity light or u can hear it working)

finthesecond

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did u launch "bootmii"? Iirc It should halt on a blackscreen, not on any screens that's say reloading bootmii ios.
Wii Menu > Homebrew Channel > HOME > Launch BootMii. It's been 25 minutes.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and also, I actually copied the armboot.bin file to the bootmii folder with 2 files on the folder (from bootmii itself), and renamed the bootmiineek folder to bootmiineek(with some gibberish after it)

Last edited by finthesecond,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto