Hacking Discussion Have you had a console ban? (Poll)

Have you had a console ban?

• Total voters

blaww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No ban yet but I figure it's only a matter of time. About a month ago I took my Switch to work, a network I'd connected to on sysnand before ever hacking/creating emunand, and it connected automatically without 90dns set up. I was playing Retroarch for an hour before I exited to home screen and noticed I was connected to Nintendo's servers

FalcoDash107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No ban yet but I figure it's only a matter of time. About a month ago I took my Switch to work, a network I'd connected to on sysnand before ever hacking/creating emunand, and it connected automatically without 90dns set up. I was playing Retroarch for an hour before I exited to home screen and noticed I was connected to Nintendo's servers
Well, better be more careful with that kinda stuff, or else Ninty will smash the banhammer on your Switch.

NoddyRams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you not run stealth or incognito, which would in theory stop this error?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No bans so far, i use my sysnand for online play (using the "stock" option from hekate) and i use cfw/homebrew on my emummc with fusee primary completely offline.

Reactions: veenx0704

blaww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you not run stealth or incognito, which would in theory stop this error?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I didn't at the time. I used 90DNS for my home network, which is where my Switch is played 99% of the time. I just forgot that I took the Switch to work before and had that network info saved, so I wasn't expecting it to connect to the internet at all.

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well if you blanked your prodinfo it will be hard to know if you're banned since you can't even connect to nintendo servers.

Are you incognito users actually checking if you're REALLY banned or just thinks that you're not banned? Like for example you used incognito on your emummc but not on your sysmmc and it's not banned there.

Since OP is so vague and the thread lacks context i think the data from this poll will be really really off.

Last edited by Tokiwa,

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone been banned only going online with CFW I’ve seen others do so without ban. Btw I am not banned and been hacked for over a year.

Reactions: veenx0704

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing online with all different types of CFWs since it was possible to. I've used SX OS (without stealth mode or 90dns) online, same with atmosphere. I have not been banned ever.

I've done just about everything you can do with CFW, except for extensive piracy. I still buy all my games from the eShop or physical. Maybe that's why Nintendo hasn't banned me? Only time I ever pirated was once for an SX OS demonstration video (Splatoon 2), immediately deleted the software once I was done. After 3 years, I certainly must have flagged them at least once for something I did. BHut I continue to play games online all the time and haven't heard anything about a ban.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing online with all different types of CFWs since it was possible to. I've used SX OS (without stealth mode or 90dns) online, same with atmosphere. I have not been banned ever.

I've done just about everything you can do with CFW, except for extensive piracy. I still buy all my games from the eShop or physical. Maybe that's why Nintendo hasn't banned me? Only time I ever pirated was once for an SX OS demonstration video (Splatoon 2), immediately deleted the software once I was done. After 3 years, I certainly must have flagged them at least once for something I did. BHut I continue to play games online all the time and haven't heard anything about a ban.
Thanks for the info. I have seen others do the exact same. I have a clean sysnand and been wanting to restore saves, have you tried doing that on sysnand?

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I have seen others do the exact same. I have a clean sysnand and been wanting to restore saves, have you tried doing that on sysnand?
Yeah, I actually didn't even start using emunand until recently. Up until March of this year everything I did was on sysnand.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I actually didn't even start using emunand until recently. Up until March of this year everything I did was on sysnand.
From what I know the main causes of bans are modding cloud save bans (turning off cloud save) apparently prevents that. Crashes sent to ninty on CFW, pirated software, or illegal software, themes, and overlay modules, then cheating in online games. That’s usually the only cause of bans from what I can tell. As many others I know have done the same as you and been fine on either atmosphere or sx os. I personally use both CFW but I’ve kept my sysnand clean the entire time so I wouldn’t get banned I am going to try only save restoring on my sysnand and see how it goes. According to what I’ve seen it should be okay.

Last edited by Powerful,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you blanked your prodinfo it will be hard to know if you're banned since you can't even connect to nintendo servers.

Are you incognito users actually checking if you're REALLY banned or just thinks that you're not banned? Like for example you used incognito on your emummc but not on your sysmmc and it's not banned there.

Since OP is so vague and the thread lacks context i think the data from this poll will be really really off.
I think people will know if they are banned or not before putting in their vote.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Funny this poll came up.

I was just banned yesterday on my switch. Only legit cartridges for games, never did anything illegal. I do have a trinket installed though with SXOS and Kosmos.

Not a big deal to me as I don't play online anyway but I HAVE to use Tinfoil/hbg for games now so that's annoying.
sounds like you updated your games from Nintendo, that's why you got banned

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah you do you got @BakerMan @AncientBoi and @BigOnYa