Have you ever bought something that you used once or twice and?

junior600

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, as the title say, have you ever bought something that now you don't use anymore and it is sitting there getting dusty? As for me, I have 3 tablets windows (a surface pro 1, a bay trail and a cherry trail) that I don't use as much as I thought xD I have bought a lot of games on steam and they are still there to get them played D: And you?
Sorry for my bad english.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games I bought on many consoles and never played once.
I'm sure everyone has done something like this. I mean steam library filled with games people probably got from countless discount sales and never play, goes for anything else. :P

Now if you buy something and it breaks, then does it count cause I had that happens a lot and it sucks. :ninja:

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Consoles where I own less then 10 games for. (looks at switch, vita, og xbox)
Games which I never played (looks at steam games)

Random computer parts that I got for cheap and I stuck into a bin never to be seen again.

Tools like screwdrivers, nuts and bots which I only used once then stuck into another bin never to be seen again. So I can forget about it, buy it again and do the same thing again. (why do I own the same screwdriver 10 times?)

I could go on but I think you get the point.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Technically yes.
Practically no.

Technically I have a nice collection of Whitworth thread taps (it is an old style of thread, popular in its day but obsolete for decades now). I have used maybe two of them. They have similarly outlived one or more owners and will probably outlive me. That said my metric, UNC and UNF taps and dies have saved the day on countless occasions and said Whitworth threads are in a lot of the same machines I do for with the same people.
Same could be said about a lot of my tools, or variations on my tools (I have multiple sizes of some things for when it gets serious).

Now things I have been given that I allow to collect dust.
That is an entirely different matter.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Most of my Steam and Humble Bundle library.
An Archos 70 Internet Tablet. I got it for watching videos on and it did that decently enough but was too slow to do much else. I used it more than a couple of times, but it was very infrequent, basically only when I went away on vacation, and I later replaced it with a Nexus 7.
The Pocket Operators I have laying around, they're lots of fun to play with but I spent a lot of money on them and feel like I haven't really gotten my moneys worth. Used them a handful of times for about an hour each time but now they're just gathering dust, and I feel like they're too limited to really be anything more than toys.
My 360. Although it was a gift. I've only beaten one game on it (although it's one of my favorite games), tried out a couple other games I'd bought and some XBLA titles, and it's been gathering dust since. But at least I did get some use out of it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
almost anything that i get basically ;_;

specially did with my first 3ds, sold it because it was collecting dust, then some months later i got a new 3ds, i even forgot i had it before replying to this post!

usually after some months i get in the mood to pick the device and actually use it for a while
my wii had several phases i stopped using it!

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
PS3
Wii U
My PC
ARMS
MK8DX
Crazy Taxi
Space Channel 5
Nights
Sega Bass Fishing
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Rocket League
Half-Life 2 Episode One
Half-Life 2 Lost Coast
Jet Set Radio

That's everything that I own but rarely use. Mostly I just play Sonic games now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On game bundles then I am not sure I count them, outside of getting it and doing nothing with any of them (or already having a copy and effectively doing the same).

If it has one game you were happy to pay for (or theoretically happy to pay for should it turn out to not be what you wanted) then everything else is so much extraneous fluff.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and a Motion Plus controller exclusively for it. I never played it.

I dumped the disc iso and stored it on my Wii's hard drive but still never played it.

Skyward Sword is of the few Zelda games I have not played, alongside Spirit Tracks and Breath of the Wild.

D

Deleted User

Much of my Steam library goes untouched, even though I had much of it lying on my hard drive. Since repartitioning said hard drive, though, I'm trying to give my Steam library a "only download if needed" approach.

I also have an Xbox 360 that doesn't get much love these days. Maybe sometime I'll pick up a few games on the cheap and start it up again.

tomGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Basically my entire Switch, 3DS and Wii U library (besides Puyo Puyo Tetris, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4).
There was a time where I really enjoyed playing console games but nowadays I lost interest in most games and just stop playing after starting it once or twice - It's not even like I don't own games I want to play, I kept buying all games I had some interest in (such as Mario, Splatoon 1/2, Zelda and much more) but I really don't enjoy the console experience anymore. This could come from the fact that Pc is just so much more enjoyable because it's multi-tasking (so being in a discord, writing with someone, playing a game, hearing some music and/or watching videos) has become so important for me and when I'm playing on a console it becomes a total pain with wire rerouting, switching monitors to the console and more.

Reactions: Deleted User

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned a few times, I've got a ton of Steam games that I've bought and haven't played at all, or only played once then abandoned.

Console-wise, my Sega Saturn to a certain degree. I bought it, put a modchip in it, played through all of Panzer Dragoon Saga over the course of a couple weeks, then popped it in a drawer and hasn't been used since. The same thing happened with my Pikachu N64 I bought ages ago as well, bought it, played through a couple of the games I have for it over the course of a few days, then popped that in a drawer as well that hasn't seen use in a while. Also my Sega Genesis, bought it, got an Everdrive for it, played through some Sonic and Streets of Rage and a few other classics, then popped that in drawer never to be used again.

PC wise, I've got a couple old 286/386 laptops that found, updated a couple things and fixed a bit of stuff, and then tossed in a box in my basement downstairs (though this was more a matter of "some broken parts" than anything.)

I've got a 386 desktop coming in on Monday that I'm going to be tricking out for some old DOS gaming, I'm hoping that this doesn't go the same way :lol:

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hardware: My PS Vita. I'm kind of sad for it, not only because it's been collecting dust for a while now but also because it's a very nice console spec-wise that could've done much better in the market, yet it got ruined by Sony's asinine policies...
I honestly wasn't interested in a whole lot of games for it so installing Henkaku didn't make things much better, but at least I've been able to replay some old PSP games on it via ARK.

Software: Many Humble Bundle games. Too many to count.

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Around 80% of my PS3 game collection, has never been played (one reason why my Switch and PS4 collection is small).

90% of my Blu-ray's, because of downloading movies.

RARE Replay for the Xbox One, never used because I don't own an Xbox One... Though I wanted it, but I don't want an Xbox One (the only thing I use is an Xbox One controller on Windows 10). :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol