Have you ever been emotionally depressed?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Kajon, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Kajon
    OP

Kajon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Netherlands
    Hey guys!...

Are there people here who've ever suffered from some emotionally/psychiatric problems? For example: emotional depressed; psychiatric problems and the use of an anti psychotic. In Holland it is regulated very well with psychiatric care. So if you are limited psychiatric there is always a professional who stands next to your shoes. But how is it there? At your country? And how about your emotionally constrained... was it a hard time to win that battle?

2. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Since this is your first post on a gaming forum, forgive me for being suspicious but i have to ask....why are you asking the question in the first place?

Ammako and DaggerV like this.
  3. pyromaniac123

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Sep 24, 2011
  4. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Emotionally fucked up.
    Fucked up youth.

I don't want help from them cause they annoy me.

yuyuyup likes this.
  5. Kajon
    OP

Kajon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Netherlands
    Well. I am diagnosed with an autistic disorder and a personality disorder. I swallow daily the following antipsychotic: Abilifiy, Seroquel and Orap and was included several times in a psychiatric hospital; because of a suicidal crisis. Life is just not easy. Furthermore, one of my biggest old interests was was video gaming. But because of the loss loss of initiative and apathy i'm not doing it anymore. And that's a shame...

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Yep, but I hide it behind my giant asshole-ism and jokes.

Ba-dum tiss. :sad:

7. Xuphor

Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

Banned
    Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    What makes your life so "not easy", aside from 3 pills? I just have to ask.

8. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone

Last edited by yuyuyup, May 30, 2017
  9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I wouldn't say I am ever depressed, I've had periods that seem like depression, but life isn't always puppies and kitten. I would never use antidepressants though because I find they often cause the problem to get worse well making as a cure.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  10. Kajon
    OP

Kajon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Netherlands
    Well. I am diagnosed with an autistic disorder and a personality disorder. I swallow daily the following antipsycoticums: Abilifiy, Serouqel and Orap and was included several times in a psychiatric hospital; because of a suicidal crisis. Life is just not easy. Furthermore, one of my biggest old interesses was was videogames. But because of the loss loss of initiative and apathy i'm not doing it anymore. And that's a shame.
    Well, my personalitydisorder ensures me that I am sometimes rebellious. This revolt from the suicdale side: what I'm trying to hide. Because I am '' rampage''; everything looks brighter and I overcome my fears. I also several times in the wood handle down and I have seen dozens seclusion rooms.
    I used to be a nice guy. I did a lot of lan parties and enjoyed it very much. I was obsessed in the technique. But when everything looked less looked beautiful at once, I throw away this hobby. And that's pity

11. Xuphor

Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

Banned
    Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    That is actually only true if you're on too many different kinds at once. If that is the case though, it's not an "often can" situation, it's a guaranteed-to-happen situation, unfortunately.

Kajon - In answer to your question, I am 25 years old, on 18 or so medications currently, am strugling to breathe nearly every second, and my doctors have said I will not live past August, next month. Yet I am not depressed. Not happy, that's for sure, but not depressed.

I gotta ask, if you use to be a nice guy, then got deression badly, did the doctor put you on all 3 of those medications at once? If so, there is a high chance it's making you more depressed.

12. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I can only assume that life isn't easy due to the emotional and psychological disorders, not because of the pills.

To answer the original question, I have never been clinically depressed, but I know plenty of people who are. In the United States anyway, disorders like clinical depression are becoming less stigmatized and more people are receiving proper help. However, there still appears to be a socioeconomic divide between who receives adequate help and who does not, and I can only imagine that's in-part due to the cost of health care.

13. Kajon
    OP

Kajon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Netherlands
    The psychiatrist hasn't done all the medication at once. The flagship was to build the medication graduall. But if the medication works... that's the question. The Abilify is the means by which I have the most bathe. The Orap makes me just yet dejected and Seroquel gives me just real terror nightmares ...

14. Kajon
    OP

Kajon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Netherlands
    The psychiatrist hasn't done all the medication at once. The flagship was to build the medication graduall. But if the medication works... that's the question. The Abilify is the means by which I have the most bathe. The Orap makes me just yet dejected and Seroquel gives me just real terror nightmares ...

15. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone

Ammako likes this.
  16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Of course there are still issues. I was merely commenting on the fact that things are indeed moving in the right direction.

17. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    I suppose I could have been diagnosed with depression had I gone to the doctors at several low points in my life, but I never went. Didn't see the point. Would rather just knuckle down and get myself out of the crappy situation than take pills to cover it up. I deal with life's problems through sheer force of will and it's served me well so far. Case and point in the last 6 months I've gone from being homeless, sleeping on my ex girlfriend's sofa, no money, no job and no life, to being engaged to a beautiful woman with our firstborn daughter only a few short weeks away, a decent job, a nice flat, and above all else the meaning in my life that escaped me from so long. I didn't need pills to get there. Just grit, determination and the occasional helping hand from old friends.

18. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    eh yeah I have. Lost my life long and childhood best friend to a fucking operating table with malpractice surgery. She could have been more than friends possibly when the time was right.

/feels

BUT I DIGRESS. :tpi:

those who only look to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future. :P
    all you can do is move on..living the past isn't going to change the present or the future.

so yeah...I have heh...

19. Kajon
    OP

Kajon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2013
    Netherlands
    Your comment has potential ... but there is also a however
    You interpretation thinks that medication offers no solution (in your eyes then) may be so. But an anti psychotic should also take time. Usually works after 3 weeks: the effect is that you are slower, that you strays faster and that you likely not to take the initiative faster tho do things...
    Do not call me psychiatrist ... but a panacea does not exist yet. However, the heroic-remedy Ketamine is a supper effective treatment for depression in a somewhat lower dosage. Scientists have tested and people felt more euphoric after a few hours when she used the Ketamine. But what effects it has after and if it ever comes on the market that is the question. However, it is a better tool than the regular antidepressant's .. (well that's what i think)

20. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone

Coto likes this.
  21. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    `
    exercise definitely is a stress reliever.

and a ziplock bag full of meds is not necessarily a good idea. Dr's are only going to do what will give them kickbacks or you on the most psychologically dependent meds as possible.[you go off your rocker once you get off of them] Very few now days actually care about helping you get off of meds or make you well, and someone who is looking for a doctor for help is fresh meat to them.

doctor stopped giving my mom blood pressure meds that actually worked and didn't make her tired and lethargic. He only will write prescriptions for 3 shit pills [instead of one good one] that will make her sleep all day and not exercise. And doubles her dose every other visit. So yeah. that's what I think about Doctors and "medicine."

don't get me wrong. sometimes meds can help, save people and make life a better quality. Some are just unneeded money leeches. How do Rx companies have such high profits?

yeah let's get back on topic now emotional depression :o