Have you ever been emotionally depressed?

Kajon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys!...

Are there people here who've ever suffered from some emotionally/psychiatric problems? For example: emotional depressed; psychiatric problems and the use of an anti psychotic. In Holland it is regulated very well with psychiatric care. So if you are limited psychiatric there is always a professional who stands next to your shoes. But how is it there? At your country? And how about your emotionally constrained... was it a hard time to win that battle?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Since this is your first post on a gaming forum, forgive me for being suspicious but i have to ask....why are you asking the question in the first place?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
502p7q.jpg

Kajon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since this is your first post on a gaming forum, forgive me for being suspicious but i have to ask....why are you asking the question in the first place?
Well. I am diagnosed with an autistic disorder and a personality disorder. I swallow daily the following antipsychotic: Abilifiy, Seroquel and Orap and was included several times in a psychiatric hospital; because of a suicidal crisis. Life is just not easy. Furthermore, one of my biggest old interests was was video gaming. But because of the loss loss of initiative and apathy i'm not doing it anymore. And that's a shame...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wouldn't say I am ever depressed, I've had periods that seem like depression, but life isn't always puppies and kitten. I would never use antidepressants though because I find they often cause the problem to get worse well making as a cure.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Kajon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well. I am diagnosed with an autistic disorder and a personality disorder. I swallow daily the following antipsycoticums: Abilifiy, Serouqel and Orap and was included several times in a psychiatric hospital; because of a suicidal crisis. Life is just not easy. Furthermore, one of my biggest old interesses was was videogames. But because of the loss loss of initiative and apathy i'm not doing it anymore. And that's a shame.
What makes your life so "not easy", aside from 3 pills? I just have to ask.
Well, my personalitydisorder ensures me that I am sometimes rebellious. This revolt from the suicdale side: what I'm trying to hide. Because I am '' rampage''; everything looks brighter and I overcome my fears. I also several times in the wood handle down and I have seen dozens seclusion rooms.
I used to be a nice guy. I did a lot of lan parties and enjoyed it very much. I was obsessed in the technique. But when everything looked less looked beautiful at once, I throw away this hobby. And that's pity

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would never use antidepressants though because I find they often cause the problem to get worse while making as a cure.
That is actually only true if you're on too many different kinds at once. If that is the case though, it's not an "often can" situation, it's a guaranteed-to-happen situation, unfortunately.

Kajon - In answer to your question, I am 25 years old, on 18 or so medications currently, am strugling to breathe nearly every second, and my doctors have said I will not live past August, next month. Yet I am not depressed. Not happy, that's for sure, but not depressed.

I gotta ask, if you use to be a nice guy, then got deression badly, did the doctor put you on all 3 of those medications at once? If so, there is a high chance it's making you more depressed.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes your life so "not easy", aside from 3 pills? I just have to ask.

I can only assume that life isn't easy due to the emotional and psychological disorders, not because of the pills.

To answer the original question, I have never been clinically depressed, but I know plenty of people who are. In the United States anyway, disorders like clinical depression are becoming less stigmatized and more people are receiving proper help. However, there still appears to be a socioeconomic divide between who receives adequate help and who does not, and I can only imagine that's in-part due to the cost of health care.

Kajon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That is actually only true if you're on too many different kinds at once. If that is the case though, it's not an "often can" situation, it's a guaranteed-to-happen situation, unfortunately.

Kajon - In answer to your question, I am 25 years old, on 18 or so medications currently, am strugling to breathe nearly every second, and my doctors have said I will not live past August, next month. Yet I am not depressed. Not happy, that's for sure, but not depressed.

I gotta ask, if you use to be a nice guy, then got deression badly, did the doctor put you on all 3 of those medications at once? If so, there is a high chance it's making you more depressed.
The psychiatrist hasn't done all the medication at once. The flagship was to build the medication graduall. But if the medication works... that's the question. The Abilify is the means by which I have the most bathe. The Orap makes me just yet dejected and Seroquel gives me just real terror nightmares ...

Kajon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

The psychiatrist hasn't done all the medication at once. The flagship was to build the medication graduall. But if the medication works... that's the question. The Abilify is the means by which I have the most bathe. The Orap makes me just yet dejected and Seroquel gives me just real terror nightmares ...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree, depression remains largely misunderstood and often written off as a fake or minor malady. I am extremely lucky to have found my way out of it, but my whole life I have received zero understanding from anyone close to me. I also disagree that people are receiving "proper help;" I do not deny that some people DO benefit from antidepressants but in my case pills did NOT help. And I tried every single one my insurance covered. I realize I'm talking a lot about MY own unique experience, but I think physically driven depression should be a larger consideration. But that's not how doctors make that EZ pill money. So people are screwed unless they dig for their answers; dig for their very life.

Of course there are still issues. I was merely commenting on the fact that things are indeed moving in the right direction.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose I could have been diagnosed with depression had I gone to the doctors at several low points in my life, but I never went. Didn't see the point. Would rather just knuckle down and get myself out of the crappy situation than take pills to cover it up. I deal with life's problems through sheer force of will and it's served me well so far. Case and point in the last 6 months I've gone from being homeless, sleeping on my ex girlfriend's sofa, no money, no job and no life, to being engaged to a beautiful woman with our firstborn daughter only a few short weeks away, a decent job, a nice flat, and above all else the meaning in my life that escaped me from so long. I didn't need pills to get there. Just grit, determination and the occasional helping hand from old friends.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
eh yeah I have. Lost my life long and childhood best friend to a fucking operating table with malpractice surgery. She could have been more than friends possibly when the time was right.

/feels

BUT I DIGRESS. :tpi:

those who only look to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future. :P
all you can do is move on..living the past isn't going to change the present or the future.

so yeah...I have heh...

Kajon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I disagree, depression remains largely misunderstood and often written off as a fake or minor malady. I am extremely lucky to have found my way out of it, but my whole life I have received zero understanding from anyone close to me. I also disagree that people are receiving "proper help;" I do not deny that some people DO benefit from antidepressants but in my case pills did NOT help. And I tried every single one my insurance covered. I realize I'm talking a lot about MY own unique experience, but I think physically driven depression should be a larger consideration. But that's not how doctors make that EZ pill money. So people are screwed unless they dig for their answers; dig for their very life.

Your comment has potential ... but there is also a however
You interpretation thinks that medication offers no solution (in your eyes then) may be so. But an anti psychotic should also take time. Usually works after 3 weeks: the effect is that you are slower, that you strays faster and that you likely not to take the initiative faster tho do things...
Do not call me psychiatrist ... but a panacea does not exist yet. However, the heroic-remedy Ketamine is a supper effective treatment for depression in a somewhat lower dosage. Scientists have tested and people felt more euphoric after a few hours when she used the Ketamine. But what effects it has after and if it ever comes on the market that is the question. However, it is a better tool than the regular antidepressant's .. (well that's what i think)

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
`
exercise definitely is a stress reliever.

and a ziplock bag full of meds is not necessarily a good idea. Dr's are only going to do what will give them kickbacks or you on the most psychologically dependent meds as possible.[you go off your rocker once you get off of them] Very few now days actually care about helping you get off of meds or make you well, and someone who is looking for a doctor for help is fresh meat to them.

doctor stopped giving my mom blood pressure meds that actually worked and didn't make her tired and lethargic. He only will write prescriptions for 3 shit pills [instead of one good one] that will make her sleep all day and not exercise. And doubles her dose every other visit. So yeah. that's what I think about Doctors and "medicine."

don't get me wrong. sometimes meds can help, save people and make life a better quality. Some are just unneeded money leeches. How do Rx companies have such high profits?

yeah let's get back on topic now emotional depression :o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu