Hacking Have R4 but considering swap to Edge

notaclue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please could you advise: -

I am not very good at anything like R4 etc so easy to use is what I need... Please excuse my ignorance.

I currently have a couple of R4 cards (one I have since found to be fake) I am thinking of swapping to Edge cards so have a few questions:

Will my currently downloaded DS Roms that I use on my R4 card work on the Edge card?

Does the Edge card work in a simple way as in 'drag and drop' files etc..

Is there a good Uk site where I can get these from?

thanks so much. Lisa

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just restating what moodswinger said: yeah, everything will work. Just download the firmware at their website here: http://www.edge-ds.cn/?lang=en, copy it to the root of your MicroSD, and then put all your games on it. Should work fine.

Since I'm in the US I don't know of any good UK sites, so that will have to come from someone else.

woof811

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im in the uk i get them from here if im in a rush - http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php

if your in no rush then here is the cheapest - http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.604

woof811
yaynds.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
notaclue said:

I am not very good at anything like R4 etc so easy to use is what I need... Please excuse my ignorance.

I currently have a couple of R4 cards (one I have since found to be fake) I am thinking of swapping to Edge cards so have a few questions:

Will my currently downloaded DS Roms that I use on my R4 card work on the Edge card?

thanks so much. Lisa

1) Yes your Roms will work
2) Yes it is one of the most simplest cards that i have ever used
3)Not sure try google
smile.gif
Or look at the above posts
smile.gif

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
notaclue said:

thanks so much. Lisa

Only problem with the EDGE team is be pre-paired for the firmware updates to break other games, i have never heard this from other teams but the latest firmware breaks Viva-Pinata (not sure what/if any others) so if this is a conceren for you as it was for me (yes i had an EDGE card & swapped it back at my local shop for a CycloDS) then maybe adding abit more money for some other top of the line card like M3DS-Real,Supercard DS1,CycloDS might be a better choice.

CycloDS handles like an EDGE (since EDGE is a clone of Cyclo per se) you cant go wrong, but you get quick updates,good features,compatibility does'nt break games, similar menu system to R4.

All in all Cyclo - top of the line. (sounds like a sales pitch
tongue.gif
)

notaclue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much everyone for all your replies - you are very helpfull and its very much appreciated.

Lisa x

muka3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDGE is a nice card, extremely to use, and virtually bug-free. Cyclo is great also, however because of it's abundance of extra features (most of which I don't consider essential, but are nice), it has more bugs and loads a bit slower than EDGE.

As was mentioned, your save files will work on EDGE, check out the DS savegame converter site for evidence: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

TomMannCenturia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I started with an R4, then got an Edge from dealextreme. The user interface is fairly similar to the R4, 3 boxes. 1 for NDS games, 1 for Moonshell, 1 for Slot 2. Fully skinnable.

I actually prefer it to my ak2 as I can put the roms in alphabetical order!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up