Hate ads on national television

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The purpose of marriage is to perpetuate the human race. The notion that marriage is for any two people who wish to get the government's stamp of approval is less than 20 years old.

Which is exactly why we've never let the infertile or the elderly get married. Oh wait...

Also, let's just pretend that this is a totally new idea. How does it being new make it any less valid?

Lets face it homosexual marriage is not the same and it's not equal.

Because...?

What, will allowing two consenting adults of any gender enter in marriage suddenly destroy the moral fabric of society? What's the threat exactly?

Yeah I know it's all about love and you can't deny people love but yes you can.A big fat government that can pick my lightbulb, the car I drive, the size soda I drink all for the good of the collective can absolutely decide this is the type of marriage they recognize and sanction. In fact they've been doing it since the founding of the nation.

Or those are completely, utterly separate things that have no basis on this topic whatsoever? Plus, a lot of that is either a) overstatement, b) pure fantasy, c) state managed, or d) some combination of points a,b, or c.

But hey, if you want to pretend that those things are in any way comparable to the civil rights of any entire group of people who continue to face institutionalized discrimination, knock yourself out, buddy.

Also, the logic is kind of faulty here. We practiced slavery and denied women the right to vote at the founding of the nation - does that somehow exempt them from being horrible fucking practices? I love the Founding Fathers as much as the next 'Murican, but acting as if they were infallible is absolutely asinine.

Besides if we don't put a special emphasis on the perpetuation of the species who's going to pay for all the big fat government entitlements? Who's going to take care of the aging population? I guess we can put them down when the time comes or maybe gays will be able to clone offspring putting them on equal footing with hetero couples

GjLYa5C.gif

And now we've gone completely into la la land. When you want to talk about reality, hey, I'll be waiting!

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
The purpose of marriage is to perpetuate the human race. The notion that marriage is for any two people who wish to get the government's stamp of approval is less than 20 years old. Lets face it homosexual marriage is not the same and it's not equal. Yeah I know it's all about love and you can't deny people love but yes you can.A big fat government that can pick my lightbulb, the car I drive, the size soda I drink all for the good of the collective can absolutely decide this is the type of marriage they recognize and sanction. In fact they've been doing it since the founding of the nation. Besides if we don't put a special emphasis on the perpetuation of the species who's going to pay for all the big fat government entitlements? Who's going to take care of the aging population? I guess we can put them down when the time comes or maybe gays will be able to clone offspring putting them on equal footing with hetero couples
That's religious marriage not state marriage....and plus it seems you are trying to be conservative, yet you want big brother government? You are quite confusing....plus the court kinda struck down NYC's soda law...plus the car laws and light bulb laws, tend to help the environment.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If people are trying to form together and make some campaign to end the gay marriage trend, fuck them. I am a straight person, but I respect any person in whatever sexual orientation they are. No one has any type of right to go against them. No one should go against what people are, and they have nothing to do. Yeah, ladies, if you found this guy 'hot' and you were going to go and hit on him, but you realize he's gay, you'll hate that person. Well guess what? IT'S NOT YOUR LIFE, BITCH! Damn, what if the hater's father turned gay, and what if his mother turned gay? YOU'D still love them since their your freaking parents. Stop the freaking hate, dudes.
I can say more clever shit, but I need to go and run to get a ice cappuccino from Tim Hortons.
And what the fuck to forming people up to go for the hate.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can go to a bar and get sloshed and "perpetuate the human race". Who needs marriage anyway?
I just came back from Tim Hortons.
Even though I am a religious Muslim, I still respect opinions. But forget religion and all of that religious requirements, but think of it this way:
Instead of getting married, staying with your girlfriend for your whole life, it's possible she would leave you for another guy. And some times, even if you don't want to go matrimony, the lady would want, possibly.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just came back from Tim Hortons.
Even though I am a religious Muslim, I still respect opinions. But forget religion and all of that religious requirements, but think of it this way:
Instead of getting married, staying with your girlfriend for your whole life, it's possible she would leave you for another guy. And some times, even if you don't want to go matrimony, the lady would want, possibly.

Well, this can happen wheter you get married or not.

Anyway... If two people love eachother and want to marry eachother. Who are ANYONE to care about it? The only ones who are allowed to have opinions about it are close family and friends. (Note that I didn't state the gender of any of the two people, this goes for homo and hetero marriage).

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, this can happen wheter you get married or not.

Anyway... If two people love eachother and want to marry eachother. Who are ANYONE to care about it? The only ones who are allowed to have opinions about it are close family and friends. (Note that I didn't state the gender of any of the two people, this goes for homo and hetero marriage).
Indeed, i agree with you. But I must go and destroy my DreamCast.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
One thing a very smart member of this community said to me outside of this forum: "It shouldn't really even be called gay marriage, just marriage." And I couldn't agree more.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bible is pretty clear about this guys.
I have a few issues with that statement.
1. Before you even think about quoting Leviticus 18:22 on me, beware of a few facts. If you are going to follow Leviticus, it also prohibits eating port or touching the flesh of pigs, eating shellfish, and tattoo to name a few. All of which are equal if not worse sins than 18:22.
2. Sodom and Gomorrah was not about homosexuality, it was about hospitality.
4. The Bible is also clear that a Women needs to marry her rapist and children who speak out against their parents should be killed.
3. Jesus said nothing about homosexuality and when he died the Old Testament only became a guild and books like Leviticus were no longer needed.

There is a lot in the Bible, it has a lot of great stories and some interesting wisdom. But at the same time it also has a lot of faults and shouldn't be taken as seriously as people take it.

If you were just being sarcastic, then I apologize in advance for sounding rude.

Reactions: TyBlood13

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Sarcastic or not, I think what makes this issue so heated is the fact that there are some people that still DO take the Bible that seriously, whether others feel they should or not (Yes, I know of people that still even refuse to eat pork and think tattoos are evil, etc ... )

Reactions: Engert

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a few issues with that statement.
1. Before you even think about quoting Leviticus 18:22 on me, beware of a few facts. If you are going to follow Leviticus, it also prohibits eating port or touching the flesh of pigs, eating shellfish, and tattoo to name a few. All of which are equal if not worse sins than 18:22.
2. Sodom and Gomorrah was not about homosexuality, it was about hospitality.
4. The Bible is also clear that a Women needs to marry her rapist and children who speak out against their parents should be killed.
3. Jesus said nothing about homosexuality and when he died the Old Testament only became a guild and books like Leviticus were no longer needed.

There is a lot in the Bible, it has a lot of great stories and some interesting wisdom. But at the same time it also has a lot of faults and shouldn't be taken as seriously as people take it.

If you were just being sarcastic, then I apologize in advance for sounding rude.

Sexuality as God norm it and as the Bible teaches is exclusive to married husband and wife within a monogamous covenant, as Christ reaffirmed.
Nothing less, nothing more. Any unmarried sexual activity is fornication and with another person than your spouse is adultery. Homosexuality included, can't be unfair discrimination.

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Sarcastic or not, I think what makes this issue so heated is the fact that there are some people that still DO take the bible that seriously, whether others feel they should or not (Yes, I know of people that still even refuse to eat pork and think tattoos are evil, etc ... )

Exactly. And some people carry a gun with that Bible. A dangerous combo, one that can only be overcome by pitting another religion against the one that's bothering you.
:) I'm such a nice guy huh.

But really, my job here is to enhance critical thinking that's all.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
General Off-Topic Chat>Commercials>marriage>religion

General Off-Topic Chat

Everything seems to be in order here. :)

Anyway here's my input, I don't like commercials, I don't like religion that imposes on others, marriage is an overrated waste of time, but if that's what floats your boat, go right ahead.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sex as God's norm and as the Bible teaches is exclusive to married husband and wife as a monogamous covenant, as Christ reaffirmed.Nothing less, nothing more. Any sexual activty outside of it, is adultery. Homosexuality included, no unfair discrimination.
Where?

Also what about people who don't follow the Bible? How does this have any effect on them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo