Hacking Has anyone got vWii EmuNAND working fully?

Poketrekker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I tried to follow a guide here http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/8119-Compiling-a-vWii-compatible-version-of-SNEEK

I've heard of many ways to brick vWii so I wanted some extra protection by setting up a vWii emuNAND with SNEEK :D

I also want to be able to play NTSC .wads of N64 VC Games on my PAL vWii. SNEEK has an option to make everything region free

I have successfully compiled and setup SNEEK emuNAND and setup a custom theme with no issue but I cannot launch any installed wads with Homebrewfiler (HomeBrew Launcher does not work on emuNAND) either getting a "game cannot be launched" error screen on VC titles or a black screen on hombrew launched with Homebrewfiler.

Could it be an issue with the iOS? I have tried both my emuNAND dumped with USBLoaderGX which has iOS 236 patched and 249-251 for USBLoaderGX and a copy of my NAND that was dumped before I patched the iOS with the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Last edited by Poketrekker,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Compatibility isn't great with emunand, and it's the later N64 VC releases that stick out as not working, have you tried any other wad files, say one of the NES Super Mario games? You wanna set up neek2o instead, which I think (Cyan will know more of course) is now supported on usbloadergx on Wii U..
Compiling your own isn't necessary if you ask me.

Last edited by mightymuffy,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a bummer because the one thing I want to use emunand for on my Wii U is to play my large collection of Rock Band 3 songs like I can on my regular Wii (I think its somewhere around 900 songs or so), but it just doesn't seem to work properly on the vWii like it does on an actual Wii. And I really doubt much can be done about it.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just wandering why would you want a vWii emunand for or am I missing something? you cant particularly brick your vWii unless you do something really stupid say install cIOS wads that your not supposed too install to your vWii or maybe delete one you not supposed to delete. If you follow this guide step-by-step you should not go wrong> https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/#12

Last edited by Reecey,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its a bummer because the one thing I want to use emunand for on my Wii U is to play my large collection of Rock Band 3 songs like I can on my regular Wii (I think its somewhere around 900 songs or so), but it just doesn't seem to work properly on the vWii like it does on an actual Wii. And I really doubt much can be done about it.
Over 900 songs? Now you have my attention. How did you do that?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm just wandering why would you want a vWii emunand for or am I missing something? you cant particularly brick your vWii unless you do something really stupid say install cIOS wads that your not supposed too install to your vWii or maybe delete one you not supposed to delete. If you follow this guide step-by-step you should not go wrong> https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/#12
Using the actual vWii memory you're limited to 512mb~ish of installs. Using an "emunand" compatible with some loaders you can install way more titles to Wii/vWii in an external USB device, surpassing the limit.

Reactions: duffmmann

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over 900 songs? Now you have my attention. How did you do that?

Oh god, honestly I don't recall the entire process, I set it up years ago at this point for my original Wii before the Wii U was ever released. As I recall the wii ISO site had everything to get it done including the tutorial. But I believe that whole site has sadly been wiped so the instructions there may be lost. The instructions may still be on this site somewhere, but you're not going to find the software to download all the songs like that site had. I'm really not sure if all the tools are even out there anymore to do it anymore which is a major shame if true.

Fortunately I still have my regular Wii which still works with the 900 songs or so that I've got, in fact I just played it the other day, and its still as fun as I recall. If you do manage to find the instructions, please note that when you start up the game, the more songs that you have, the longer it will take for the game to load up all the songs, it takes me Rock Band 3, probably a solid 10 minutes before I can actually start playing and choosing the songs I want to play, annoying at first, but once you're in, its awesome.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh god, honestly I don't recall the entire process, I set it up years ago at this point for my original Wii before the Wii U was ever released. As I recall the wii ISO site had everything to get it done including the tutorial. But I believe that whole site has sadly been wiped so the instructions there may be lost. The instructions may still be on this site somewhere, but you're not going to find the software to download all the songs like that site had. I'm really not sure if all the tools are even out there anymore to do it anymore which is a major shame if true.

Fortunately I still have my regular Wii which still works with the 900 songs or so that I've got, in fact I just played it the other day, and its still as fun as I recall. If you do manage to find the instructions, please note that when you start up the game, the more songs that you have, the longer it will take for the game to load up all the songs, it takes me Rock Band 3, probably a solid 10 minutes before I can actually start playing and choosing the songs I want to play, annoying at first, but once you're in, its awesome.
Never knew this. Thanks, I'll see what I can find! :)

Reactions: duffmmann

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!