Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

Mr. Korv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for dividing your army in Warrior's Way in 2 small fractions (99,999). Beat you and got 502,849 soldiers. :D

Oh yeah, when you say 4E:53:50:4F:4F:10-4E:53:50:4F:4F:90 does that include xA, xB, xC, xD, xE and xF? (like 4E:53:50:4F:4F:5D)

No problem, bro. Glad I could help you!

Nope, I just have 4A - 4F... I should probably add the other numbers as well!

Reactions: phaerun and signz

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
SOLUCION PARA LOS QUE NO LES VA EL PROGRAMA ANDROID

1º descargate https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree&hl=pt_BR es un navegador de archivos de acceso root del movil
2º abre la carpeta DATA y edita el archivo .nvmac.info con un editor de texto.
3º cambia la mac (yo he copiado la que te viene escrita porsiaka) por la que desees https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE&toomany=true#gid=0
4ºguarda
5ºten pulsado el icono de .vnmac.info y en el menu que te aparece darle a permisos
6ºselecciona solo la columna READ y destilda la de WRITE
7ºdale a OK y sal del programa
ahora tendras la mac puesta, solo tienes que darle a opciones en android y activar el tethering con el nombre attwifi

SOLUTION FOR NOT GOING THE PROGRAM ANDROID
translate:

need a android root device

1º download root browser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree&hl=pt_BR
2º open DATA folder and edit .nvmac.info
3º change mac address https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE&toomany=true#gid=0 (work with ending 01 to 99)
4º save the changes
5º keep down the file .vnmac.info and and in the menu that appears to give permissions
6º ONLY SELECT READ COLUMN uncheck WRITE column
7º push OK and go out the program
8º on setup to android enable tethering named attwifi

On Android 4.1 the file isn't there. There is .mac.info but it doesn't change a thing.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
SOLUCION PARA LOS QUE NO LES VA EL PROGRAMA ANDROID

1º descargate https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree&hl=pt_BR es un navegador de archivos de acceso root del movil
2º abre la carpeta DATA y edita el archivo .nvmac.info con un editor de texto.
3º cambia la mac (yo he copiado la que te viene escrita porsiaka) por la que desees https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE&toomany=true#gid=0
4ºguarda
5ºten pulsado el icono de .vnmac.info y en el menu que te aparece darle a permisos
6ºselecciona solo la columna READ y destilda la de WRITE
7ºdale a OK y sal del programa
ahora tendras la mac puesta, solo tienes que darle a opciones en android y activar el tethering con el nombre attwifi

SOLUTION FOR NOT GOING THE PROGRAM ANDROID
translate:

need a android root device

1º download root browser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree&hl=pt_BR
2º open DATA folder and edit .nvmac.info
3º change mac address https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...kxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE&toomany=true#gid=0 (work with ending 01 to 99)
4º save the changes
5º keep down the file .vnmac.info and and in the menu that appears to give permissions
6º ONLY SELECT READ COLUMN uncheck WRITE column
7º push OK and go out the program
8º on setup to android enable tethering named attwifi

It only work on Froyo and Gingerbread rooted phones as far as I know. And someone posted this before.

Sailornic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if someone manage to make it work with mac os x please let me know, i'm dying to complete puzzle swap (thank you in advance)

Sailornic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the guide don't work for me.... i can change the MAC adress, the ssid, my 3DS is connect, go to internet, nintendo zone can't connect and no strettpass

Clare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. I've got a router running Tomato. I've got relays working, but would like to use a script to automatically rotate through a list of MACs over a period of time so I don't have to think about it. There's a script for DD-WRT, but I don't know if that would work. Has anyone here used Tomato and might be able to help me create such a script? Or even better, is there someone that's already created one?

retrogradesnowcone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some more questions:

are all of the mac addresses listed "fake"? as in, only used by people here? can you connect to "real" mac addresses and get streetpasses that you would normally get by visiting that physical location?

if the answer is yes, does anyone have any android apps to suggest to connect to nintendozones to get their mac address? (the ssid should be easy enough to get)

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
some more questions:

are all of the mac addresses listed "fake"? as in, only used by people here? can you connect to "real" mac addresses and get streetpasses that you would normally get by visiting that physical location?

if the answer is yes, does anyone have any android apps to suggest to connect to nintendozones to get their mac address? (the ssid should be easy enough to get)
Yes. Check the spreadsheet.

buzzardarg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, I'm trying to make this work (using Windows 7 with a TP-Link TL-WN725N adapter), I can change the mac address of the device and connect to the internet on the 3DS just fine, however when I close the 3DS I get no StreetPass hits.

Virtual Router Manager recognizes the device but when I close the lid it disappears from the Peers Connected list, is this normal?

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some more questions:

on Android you can use WLANAudit by a nintendo zone to find its MAC, you can also save them to view later with this app so you can throw them in a text document later or something.
You could also try WiGLE's android client if you want to map out everywhere you go, but I imagine the battery drain's a bit much since it'd have the GPS and WiFi on all the time.
There's a decent chance somebody already mapped your area, you can check it out on WiGLE (http://wigle.net). Their interactive map lets you zoom in and find all the APs matching your search terms.. I just wish the markers they used were more noticeable at a broader zoom.
You can couple it with Nintendo.com's NZone finder (the bottom half of the page) to find out which are really NZones, or find where they are easier, before going to Wigle, or whatever you want to do. (Oh, and thanks to 7oby on reddit for mentioning Wigle, never knew about it.)
If you don't think you have many people in your area with a 3DS though, I'd suggest maybe trying to find the MACs for NZones in large cities, like seattle, LA, NYC, Detroit, etc. and using those.

Hello, I'm trying to make this work (using Windows 7 with a TP-Link TL-WN725N adapter), I can change the mac address of the device and connect to the internet on the 3DS just fine, however when I close the 3DS I get no StreetPass hits.

Virtual Router Manager recognizes the device but when I close the lid it disappears from the Peers Connected list, is this normal?
It will disconnect when you close the lid, but after a few seconds it should reconnect.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It does, but then in a short time it disappears again.

well with the lid closed all it does is check for the streetpass/spotpass data i think, so not to sound like a broken record, but have you checked to make sure your MAC is actually set to what its supposed to be? You should be able to check with the command ipconfig /all ... from the command-line.

retrogradesnowcone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm currently using the wifitether app on my rooted android phone. it's worked once, but hasn't since then. the app notified me that the 3ds connected to it the one time it worked, but i've never recieved that notification since then

any clue what could be wrong?

bl4ckllama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm currently using the wifitether app on my rooted android phone. it's worked once, but hasn't since then. the app notified me that the 3ds connected to it the one time it worked, but i've never recieved that notification since then

any clue what could be wrong?

I've noticed with mine I have to be on the home screen and then close the DS. Once that's done, I have to enable the Wifi tethering app, and then just kinda wait for a minute or so. Usually after a minute the green light goes on. Then I leave the DS as is, go in, change the Mac to the next one and repeat.

mattmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i get some help?
Currently using a linksys/cisco 2500 router flashed with DDWRT v-24 sp.2 mini. Unable to get an internet connection. Have tried the mac clone instructions since my DSL doesnt not use PPP0E, but not sure if i am doing them correctly

now cloning the MAC adress disconnect me from the router and i cant change the setting through the default ip. Probably going to just return the router if internet cant even com out

I had a similar headache to this because of the disparity in information between the main dd-wrt website, the wiki, and the forums. If you're using the 21061 build, you might give this a try:

1. Revert to stock firmware just to be safe (make sure you do the 30-30-30 just as instructed), as described here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500#Reverting_to_stock_firmware
2. Flash the trailed build recommended on the same page: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500#Flashing_instructions_for_the_E2500
3. DO NOT UPGRADE. Give it a try on 19342. If it works, you can upgrade to the big or mega builds (also listed on that same page), but don't go any higher.

I had pretty much the same problem as you, and it seemed to be because I was using 21061. Apparently, despite the fact that the main website suggests it, this build has problems on a large number of routers with Broadcom-based chips (which the E2500 is). I have an E2000 and downgraded to 14929 and the problem vanished.

If that doesn't help or if you're not using 21061, I'm not sure what to suggest. You might ask on the dd-wrt forums.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here