has anime ever made you cry

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not crying at all .. I'm just .... That's my eyes, I've dusts in my eyes!

One piece, end of Water Seven Arc :
Damn Author ! He made us cry for a boat !
cry.gif
Sayonara Merry

Don't read this if you are not past Water Seven ! (Chapter 41 - Episode 312)

I'm crying for many things, book, anime, movie, etc.

(sorry, nested spoiler are buggy).

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't think I ever CRIED...but I have teared up, or it plucked at the ol heartstrings.

The endings of Girls Bravo and GunXSword did this. I hated the fact that I wouldn't see these characters ever again, and it was sad it was over.

I think I teared up in Tenchi in Tokyo as well, I can't remember.

Ah! My Goddess was another one that plucked the strings, and Love Hina too.

I think we all cried when Cowboy Bebop ended.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Pokemon

- When Jessie set Dustox free.
- When Jessie hurt Blissey.
- When James' Chimeco had a fever.
- When James' Cacnea was left to Gardenia.
- When James' was with GROWLITHE.
- When Jessie and James lost Weezing and Arbok.
- When Meowth told his backstory.
- When Pikachu left.
- When Ash, Misty, and Brock seperated.
- When Ash set his Butterfree free.
- Pokemon 4EVER, Origin of Mewtwo, and Jirachi Wishmaker.

I also cry in a bunch of the Jigoku Shoujo episodes (Hell Girl) which also happens to be my absolute favorite anime. When you learn about Ai's backstory.... it's just...
Ai started her career as the Hell Girl by her own act of vengeance on the villagers who sentenced her to a sacrificial death as part of their village's tradition. Her eyes, once a deep brown, turned red arguably at the point where Sentarou (her childhood friend and cousin who gave in under the villagers' pressure to bury her alive) gave the first shovel of soil onto her face. She broke out of her grave after a while, and took revenge on the entire village with her wrath, burning it to the ground. Her task of fulfilling other people's vengeance and ferrying people to Hell is her punishment, a task which she had performed for 400 years after that incident. A Spider, which is later revealed to be the God of Hell, gave her new life again and made a pact with her; in exchange for her immortal form, she cannot enter Hell and must remain on the shores of Hell, acting as the deliverer of people's hatred and vengeance. In order to serve these tasks, The God of Hell demanded that Ai forget her own hatred, numbing herself to the sufferings of others and becoming a mere observer of any happenings. If she hadn't this punishment, the souls of her beloved ones would have to wander in Hell forever. Having no other choice, Ai agreed with the God of Hell and became the Hell Girl.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
List of Crying:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Gundam Seed
Gundam Seed Destiny
Gundam 00
Shin Mazinger Shougeki (P.S. i cried with a evil laugh)
Digimon Xros Wars
Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 (Game with Anime robots...)
Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector
Bleach
Rebuild of Evangelion (if you don't cry here you are a emotionless feller)

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
I also cry in a bunch of the Jigoku Shoujo episodes (Hell Girl) which also happens to be my absolute favorite anime. When you learn about Ai's backstory.... it's just...
Ai started her career as the Hell Girl by her own act of vengeance on the villagers who sentenced her to a sacrificial death as part of their village's tradition. Her eyes, once a deep brown, turned red arguably at the point where Sentarou (her childhood friend and cousin who gave in under the villagers' pressure to bury her alive) gave the first shovel of soil onto her face. She broke out of her grave after a while, and took revenge on the entire village with her wrath, burning it to the ground. Her task of fulfilling other people's vengeance and ferrying people to Hell is her punishment, a task which she had performed for 400 years after that incident. A Spider, which is later revealed to be the God of Hell, gave her new life again and made a pact with her; in exchange for her immortal form, she cannot enter Hell and must remain on the shores of Hell, acting as the deliverer of people's hatred and vengeance. In order to serve these tasks, The God of Hell demanded that Ai forget her own hatred, numbing herself to the sufferings of others and becoming a mere observer of any happenings. If she hadn't this punishment, the souls of her beloved ones would have to wander in Hell forever. Having no other choice, Ai agreed with the God of Hell and became the Hell Girl.

Yeah, I remember nearly crying at the end of season 2.

Specially when Ai became human again and all those (expletive) people started to beat her up and whatnot.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Kamina's death in Gurren Lagann and Lockon's death in Gundam 00.

Not to mention Kittan, Hughes in FMA, and Guy in Martian Sucessor Nadesico. WHY, JAPAN? WHY MUST MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS ALWAYS DIE?!? Also, ALL the minor mech pilots(and the minor characters in 00), although they died like badasses for the most part.

Also, Merry. Oda, how the hell did you do it? You made me cry over the sinking of a BOAT. Thing was, I didn't start crying until Merry started APOLOGISING FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO CARRY THEM ANY FURTHER. That broke me. Not to mention all the shit poor Luffy's been through as of the Archepelago disaster... (yes, I know about the result of his rescue mission and the Whitebeard Wars, but I haven't seen them yet... The opening in the anime makes it worse though...)

...ok, I cried when Spike "died", even though it was awesome. You happy now?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Death Note

Death of L, kind of touched me, didn't see it coming

Light/Lite (however you spell that) - saw it coming, but i felt sorry for him, plus music and mood just contributed to the whole scene.

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Some sad animes for me were Lunar Legend Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night. They didn't really make me cry, but did make me kinda depressed for some time. Which is far worse. They are really good animes though and it's just that not every anime has to be happy.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tear jerked ( i don't really actually cry) in Gintama when
the trio each whent there seperate ways.
No seriously.
I tear jerk much more often these days...
Even from a joke...
Doesn't even have to be sad thing or anything...
Pretty weird...

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only anime to really make me tear up was Clannad After Story. First season wasn't all that depressing but it did have it's moments. Nothing that would make me cry though.

Also cried at the end of Cowboy Bebop, and not just for nostalgia.

Casshern Sins never made me cry, but the series was severely depressing and if I just a few years younger I don't think I'd be able to hold back tears on some episodes.

All three of these series are fantastic, if you haven't seen them I recommend you watch them. Now.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im mostly emotionless regarding anything IRL so i dont really get the "sadness" bond with an anime, but surprisingly the only anime thats ever been able to make me cry was one piece:
1.Going Merry's Funeral
2.Sanji's Past (didn't cry, got close to it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nTSxdJWZiRA