Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow I thought it was you have to put it on your head then drag it to the character, like with the shipping bin thing.

Anyways thanks alot.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
talk to him more i guess. i haven't bothered with the fisihng rod yet because i wanted to farm more at the start. but now i can plow 3x9 squares and water 3x7 So awesome. i can water 10 crop before 7am. INDIGO WONDERFULS FTW

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
after you reach winter, chen will start selling various wondefuls. whatever you do SAVE UP FOR THE FIRST WINTER. Don't upgrade anything, just farm farm farm and farm. make as much money as you can. when you do reach winter buy all new tools and go to chen and purchase some wonderfuls. however, they appear randomly at the shop. you mainly want red, indigo, blue and orange ones. however indigo is the most important as you want as many slots as you can possibly need. After you buy the wonderful an event should come up and charle (chen's son) should walk in and now you can equip wonderfuls through him.

For hoe;
Red wonderfuls - Increase plot tilling vertically by 1 , so if i have 1 red wonderful equipped and nothing else you will do 1x2 tilling. so

x
x

Blue Wonderfuls - increase plot tilling horizontally by 2. so if you have 1 blue wonderful equipped you will till 3x1 so

x x x

Yellow wonderfuls- Allows you to till the rice paddy
Green Wonderfuls - Decrease stamina needed

for the watering can;

Red and blue do the same thing.

Orange Wonderfuls - increase water hold, at 5 its infinite.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZenithMaur said:
Taro just says "You don't have to worry about me". Now what?

I really need the fishing rod.

Talk to him for 3-5 days without giving him any gifts then after you do that try giving him a colored heart and hopefully he should accept it and if i'm not mistaken the next day he shows up soon as you go outside and gives you the fishing rod......

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Incomplete said:
after you reach winter, chen will start selling various wondefuls. whatever you do SAVE UP FOR THE FIRST WINTER. Don't upgrade anything, just farm farm farm and farm. make as much money as you can. when you do reach winter buy all new tools and go to chen and purchase some wonderfuls. however, they appear randomly at the shop. you mainly want red, indigo, blue and orange ones. however indigo is the most important as you want as many slots as you can possibly need. After you buy the wonderful an event should come up and charle (chen's son) should walk in and now you can equip wonderfuls through him.

Man, I couldn't buy any Indigos in the first winter because the 7th falls on a friday, when Chen's shop is closed. I thought it was the same with all files.

Anyways, I don't think you need to save to that extreme. You can easily save about 30k, provided you'll be willing to fish all day (which will earn you about 5k a day). You don't even need 5k a day everyday, most wonderfuls are below 5k. And then there's the festivals and fridays where you can't buy from Chen.

xmedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a site with mass amounts of Codes for Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness.

hxxp://wiki.dscoders.com/index.php/Harvest_Moon_-_Island_of_Happiness

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
keyaxer said:
1. Actually, with the touch screen, several options are open: You're able to drag and drop items from quite a distance a way. While this may not seem very practical for shipping, this is godsend for feeding animals. In the barn or chicken coop, you go to the shipping bin, tap the feeder to extract the feed, run to a place where you can see all the feeding bins to place feed, and just drag and drop to each and every bin, then drag and drop the remaining feed back into the feeder.

Well, it sucks that you have to go into item menu and drag them every 4 groups of items. RF allows you to ship every single shippable item in your inventory without having to load up a full-menu interface. It's surprising how long menu to game-screen loading is in IoH considering it's using a cart, not an optical media.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
keyaxer said:
Man, I couldn't buy any Indigos in the first winter because the 7th falls on a friday, when Chen's shop is closed. I thought it was the same with all files.

Thing is, it is the same in all files.

You can't buy an Indigo wonderful from Chen in your first year because it always falls on a Friday on the first year.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it is ^^. indigo wonderfuls are what you need. but first get the 2 reds and blues. its mainly what you need. otherwise make some curry and go to mountain and make it to the 255th floor ^^

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here ever won a wifi Ranking? I got 3 Blue Wonderfuls from it on the week this game came out and just recently, I got 2 Blue ones (
closedeyes.gif
) for the rankings that just finished. Mining in this game can make you very rich really fast. I'm at the start of Year 3 in Spring, and have gotten all my buildings to 100% except for the house since I haven't married anyone yet, due to me spending so much time wooing everyone to Red Heart. Now that I have finally done so, I'm having problems choosing between Natalie, Sabrina and Chelsea
frown.gif

Anyway, on a side note: I have unpacked this rom and have made a gender swap hack (Not the same as how the AR code works). If anyone is interested, I'll probably post it here.

Redvok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know of an AR code to slow down time? I know theres an item that you can hold to slow down time but I havent reached that far into the game to get it yet. I always feel like time should be slower, I barely have enough time to take care of my crops, animals, attempt to fish, get supplies and talk to people. Having a code to slow time to like 1/5 or even 1/2 would be great.

Johnboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
in NDS, the best regular HM would be HM:DS. It makes full use of touchscreen, and is very well presented.

My best HM would be Back to Nature, it's just good, can't express it. It's just basic, pretty slow, but that's what makes it good

And reading your post, I'll say I'm not taking this one

You know, the funny thing is I though Harvest Moon DS was garbage and I generally like this game despite the obvious control flaws.

I think it's because I like the town people better, and it does have better and more friend information.

Also, to the people that have problems with the controls, you are aware that you can simply press L or R and tap wherever you want to go and use the Dpad or the abxy for tools right?

Knowing that dropped frustration with the controls almost completely with me, the only annoying thing is watering crops, but after a while it becomes a very minor issue for me.

I guess practice makes perfect, eh?

Johnboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to note though, that if this got a romhack that allowed dpad controls, it would be one of the better Hm's in recent time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi