Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
deathfisaro said:
This is not the worst HM game out there. But certainly in the bottom half.

If you liked the fantasy aspect of RF, prepare to be disappointed in RF2. You need to bite your lips and pull through the first half of the game.

Well, as long as the main farming aspects are still similar, and the fantasy is close to what it was in the first game, I'd still be satisfied.

Smef

The GbaTemp Hitchhiker
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.smefworks.com
XP
Country
United States
As you play a bit more your stamina will become less of an issue. I'm on about day 20 now and I have eight patches of crops which I am watering every day while still having stamina left to go around town, chop some wood and stone, and forage a bit.

I went and bought the guide for it because of all the tables in there, and one of the things which really is true is that you're going to have trouble farming lots of crops at the beginning, but as you gather more food and upgrade your tools it won't be a problem. I am yet to upgrade my watering can, but I can tell that when I do I'm going to be able to do my entire field.

Tool upgrades are done by sockets. Each tool has one socket to start, and you can buy new tools with more sockets in them. You place gems in the sockets on the tools which allow them to break larger objects, water more, reduce the stamina usage, increase carrying capacity. I'm looking forward to trying this new upgrade system.

As a final note, I'm just about ready to buy a chicken coop, so we'll see how the animal care is in this game soon!

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I went and bought the guide for it

ohmy.gif

There was me thinking no-one bought those things!
Gonna play this tonight and see what it's like. I don't expect it to live up to FoMT though. And even if it did, it would be too similar. :\

Veloxi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game is awful.

Only because of controls. "Chop woo- NO, WTF. WHY DID YOU PICK IT UP"

"Break ston- BASTARD, PUT IT BACK ON THE GROUND"

I could only handle that about 3 times before it was Game Over
frown.gif

Smef

The GbaTemp Hitchhiker
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.smefworks.com
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
I went and bought the guide for it
There was me thinking no-one bought those things!

Well i spent so much time online on so-so sites for RF and MM looking up cooking recipes and people's schedules for heart events that I thought this one would be worthwhile.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
in NDS, the best regular HM would be HM:DS. It makes full use of touchscreen, and is very well presented.

My best HM would be Back to Nature, it's just good, can't express it. It's just basic, pretty slow, but that's what makes it good

And reading your post, I'll say I'm not taking this one

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Only I liked it?

Is not perfect like Back to Nature or HM64, but is better that Harvest Moon DS.

To tell the truth, the problem is that this game at the begining it's very frustrating, but with time become similar to other HMs.

Just try play until the summer, the game become so nice as any game of the series.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WileCoyote said:
I'm sure someone will make a dpad hack if everyone keeps complaining
tongue.gif
That would be SO great. I hope someone really does it.

BTW, I'm gonna start playing it soon, so impressions from me on this game will come up later
smile.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmmmm..... well, maybe it's just the controls, maybe I should take some challenge abit.

Does this one makes use of ABXY? My A is screwed, it can activate by its own, is A an important button in this game?

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I gave it a try last night.....needless to say it's alittle hard getting use to why couldn't they keep the nice and easy controls from runefactory?

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raestloz said:
Hmmmm..... well, maybe it's just the controls, maybe I should take some challenge abit.

Does this one makes use of ABXY? My A is screwed, it can activate by its own, is A an important button in this game?

Since it uses lefty controls, and righty controls at the same time... A triggers whatever item you set at the right slot.

The controls are really frustrating, you pick up wood and stone that you want to break/cut and then when you try to put it down, it goes away. Only half the time does it actually do what you want it to.

benneto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like the story of this game its better then harvest moon DS and harvest moon 64.

The only problem for me with this game is the stupid controls i want to control my character with the D-Pad and not with the stupid stylus.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what everyone is complaining about... the controls aren't THAT bad. They're bad, yes, but not enough to stop me from playing.

Here are a couple problems that I keep hearing (I think)

1. Why do I have to accept EVERYTIME when I ship something?
You're doing it the long way. Instead, hold the item in your hands and DRAG the item FROM YOU HANDS into the shipping bin. Your character will drop the item and the bin. That's it.

2. I keep picking up wood/stone when I want to chop/stone them. What's up with that?
Use your d-pad to activate tools. If your axe is d-pad-left... use d-pad-left to actually chop. Only use the touch screen to position yourself.

As for running around tips: Hold down the L or R trigger and that'll turn on auto run. You can tap once-in-a-while if you want to change directions. The only problem I have with this is little movements when you want to get exactly the right square.

Hope this helps a bit guys
smile.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow whats with the hate with this game. it isn't actually half bad. there are only a few things i have to pick with here. If you can't handle the controls, well then you suck. its not hard to chop/break stones properly, just make sure you are facing the rock/wood, press select to turn the aimer doobie off and go. Stamina usage is okay, i have about 6 crop and i manage to work my way them all by 3, if you run out of stamina go find some grass, it brings it back up. But thats one of the problems, the time. it doesn't take 10 minutes to water 2 plants, time goes by way to fast in this. Also the NPC, you go to them cause you want to buy something, instead you get a small dialogue and then you have to talk to them again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...