Halo DS

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Scytheandsickle, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Scytheandsickle
    OP

Scytheandsickle GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2007
    How difficult is it do edit 3D models from NDS Games?

Is it as easy as just unpacking it with DSLazy?

2. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    You need some experience to do it, but matt had his guys do it for him I guess.

3. Beware

Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    I'm guessing you're just going to edit the models from MP:Hunters so it looks like Halo? It'll likely be a much bigger production than you think it will. You'll need to edit the stages, edit weapons, probably mess with the physics, etc...

4. Ad_Enuff

Ad_Enuff GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2006
    I'm sure I'm correct in saying that there is already a DS HALO knocking about as shown on IGN and with videos as well.

LINK

IGN Videos

5. jgu1994

jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    Earth
    It's been proven that those videos are fake, and that halo ds never did exist, and it is just a mod of goldeneye rouge agent.

6. Sonicslasher

Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

Dec 5, 2005
    United States
    Richmond, VA
    THE FIGHT IS FINISHED!!!!! FINISHED!!!!!!

7. Hiratai

Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

Banned
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    Stop spamming. I know it's in your 14 year old mind, that it's okay. But seriously - you are really annoying.

Anyways, Halo DS was just a mod of Goldeneye Rogue Agent, but a damn good one at that.

8. Wii_DS.

Wii_DS. ウォリアー

Banned
    Sep 5, 2007
    Do we really need to answer that?
    No it isn't as easy.

9. Baztuk

Baztuk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2007
    Canada
    Now that Bungie has jumped the gun on Microsoft, you never no what console (or hand held) they may develop for. Perhaps another side line game. One that doesn't have anything to do with the story will eventually come to the ds?

PS. If you do manage to mod a game into halo then make sure u pm me and link me to a download [​IMG]

10. Nubia

Nubia GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2007
    Canada
    Somewhere next to my Xbox 360
    That would be great ! I could do the music !

11. KizunaIatari

KizunaIatari Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2007
    United States
    Saitama Prefecture(I wish)
    All projects don't seem like alot of work until we get down to the nitty-gritty programming. Then we realize that there were only certain things that we wanted to accomplish. If you can program a good lot by yourself and not lose motivation, I applaud you. For I, certainly cannot.

12. Grimalkin

Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Well, to actually see how hard it is to mod a game, perhaps we should at least examine the rom contents. I'm not that good at programming on a DS, but I'm going to attempt to examine how the game works.

Which engine do you guys want to look at? Rogue Agent or MPH?

EDIT: Idea - That Quake port, wouldn't it be easier to modify the quake engine on PC and port it over? Although, he does state some limitations to the game itself. Memory allocation anyway.