Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anything boot screen related in the user_mods folder in hakchi?
Nope...as I said before, even on a new PC without trace of hakchi when I flash the custom kernel everything comes back, like if the SNES never delete the custom kernel

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The command prompt screen that runs besides Hakchi CE. I commented on one of your videos, I used the "marvel" boot screen and updated to Retroarch 1.7.0 and latest _km cores, after that, this what's happening to me, no matter the PC I use, after flashing back to original kernel and the custom kernel, the "marvel" style boot screen comes up with the custom games and cores. I just want the cores, no bootscreen and original games as I already have the flashdrive with the folders and games ready and working

Use the CURRENT Hakchi2 CE release, Uninstall Kernel, Flash Original, then Flash Custom, then reinstall Cores you need. The Video Splash Screen is what is breaking the Cores. Current Hakchi2 CE will remove the old stuff, or should.

Reactions: yadspi

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Use the CURRENT Hakchi2 CE release, Uninstall Kernel, Flash Original, then Flash Custom, then reinstall Cores you need. The Video Splash Screen is what is breaking the Cores. Current Hakchi2 CE will remove the old stuff, or should.

Well that worked! Finally, thanks a lot! Now the only problem I have is that some cores won't install even when they appear to be installed the game just comes back to the menu and the SNES Filters command don't work either.

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that worked! Finally, thanks a lot! Now the only problem I have is that some cores won't install even when they appear to be installed the game just comes back to the menu and the SNES Filters command don't work either.
Have you uninstalled/installed Retroarch? That may be borked after all of the aforementioned troubleshooting you have tried. I sometimes just resync the cores that aren't loading and resync my games after. Then they start working.

Hope it helps!

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You likely have incorrect command lines for games running with said Cores. Post which Cores & RetroArch you installed, as well as a few Command Lines.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

**UPDATE 2-19-18**

Redownload & Replace the _km_retroarch_170_standard_xtreme_2_19_18 from either Mega Link or redownload the .7z. Fixed up and proper version now posted:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm using NesMini, was using 2.14 and reverted all kernels.

Now I'm using Hakchi 1.1 and I'm getting this while flashing custom... anyone got ideas how to resolve this?

upload_2018-2-20_18-47-59.png

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^ Looks like Ryzen CPU issue though the old version works.

Hope someone can fix this. I might if I have time lol.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Looks like Ryzen CPU issue though the old version works.

Hope someone can fix this. I might if I have time lol.

Using original Micro USB Cable that came with the system? That is generally an error from an incorrect cable and/or false positives for virus protection, firewall, etc.

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using original Micro USB Cable that came with the system? That is generally an error from an incorrect cable and/or false positives for virus protection, firewall, etc.

No just a cable I picked up from my drawer but I moved all my files to my Intel laptop and everything works as expected.

I searched the net it was Ryzen CPU issue so I confirmed this as well.

The old Hakchi 2.14 is working.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
You likely have incorrect command lines for games running with said Cores. Post which Cores & RetroArch you installed, as well as a few Command Lines.

**UPDATE 2-19-18**

Redownload & Replace the _km_retroarch_170_standard_xtreme_2_19_18 from either Mega Link or redownload the .7z. Fixed up and proper version now posted:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases
I'm using:
_km_gambatte_1_5_18.hmod
_km_mednafen_pce_fast_1_16_18.hmod
_km_mgba_1_22_18.hmod
_km_mupen64plus_3_29_17.hmod
_km_pcsx_rearmed_neon_1_28_18.hmod
_km_picodrive_1_23_18.hmod
_km_retroarch_170_2_7_18.hmod
_km_snes9x2010_1_19_18.hmod
snes_custom_filters.hmod with
--no-scanlines
With the prior kernel with the splash screen and custom games everything worked, now the no scanlines command doesn't work nor picodrive, I reflash and the button combo to reset works and the other cores, also the stock borders now don't work with retroarch. Thanks for all the help.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using:
_km_gambatte_1_5_18.hmod
_km_mednafen_pce_fast_1_16_18.hmod
_km_mgba_1_22_18.hmod
_km_mupen64plus_3_29_17.hmod
_km_pcsx_rearmed_neon_1_28_18.hmod
_km_picodrive_1_23_18.hmod
_km_retroarch_170_2_7_18.hmod
_km_snes9x2010_1_19_18.hmod
snes_custom_filters.hmod with
--no-scanlines
With the prior kernel with the splash screen and custom games everything worked, now the no scanlines command doesn't work nor picodrive, I reflash and the button combo to reset works and the other cores, also the stock borders now don't work with retroarch. Thanks for all the help.

Try using one of the Current RetroArchs from 2-19-18 set, along with Hakchi2 CE latest version, and let me know how things go.

Hello everyone:) Thanks as always for continuing to download every little new thing I post! Today is going to be quite a fun Update! As of right now, you can do pseudo coloring of games with Gambatte, for Game Boy. I did a video awhile back, showing this...I now deem it a fail video, since I called it Super Game Boy. But, it truly was not:) This time, it will be the real deal!!!

Original Fail Video:) I never edit my videos, and find it fun to just leave my fails up for everyones' enjoyment!

SNES Classic - Super Game Boy Test + 3 Ninjas Kick Back! (Sega-CD) + CPS3 Test:)

In any case, check back much later today, and I will post a Test Video of Super Game Boy in action, as well as update it into my Core Set!

I will have a few other things in the Update, as well:) I have gotten Golden Eye for N64 running with the SNESC Controller, based on a few User Requests! I am going to try to finalize that, and get that posted, as well!

Thanks again, everyone, for being so incredibly awesome!

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I've finally setup my nesmini loading nes, snes & md games on usb without any problems. I actually ordered 90deg otg adapter earlier but my usb3 hubs with otg cable converter works like charm -- I have 2 and they are all working.

My next aim is to add collection of N64 which should be pretty straight forward.

Now here are my concerns next because I'm tired and sleepy...

- I probably think my real problem next is the Neogeo/Mame because I remember having hard time making it work and actually forgot how I did it lol. Is it much easier now? I only remember using mame2003mini. :(

WIll target games like KOF, Metal Slugs, Dark Stalkers, Marvels, Samurai Showdown and others I forgot.​

- In PSX, how do we setup or how do the emulator handle multiple disc ISO eg. FF7 and FF8?

Big thanks to you KMFDMANIC especially for all your youtube replies! -- never thought it would be this easy.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've finally setup my nesmini loading nes, snes & md games on usb without any problems. I actually ordered 90deg otg adapter earlier but my usb3 hubs with otg cable converter works like charm -- I have 2 and they are all working.

My next aim is to add collection of N64 which should be pretty straight forward.

- I probably think my real problem next is the Neogeo/Mame because I remember having hard time making it work and actually forgot how I did it lol. Is it much easier now? I only remember using mame2003mini. :(

WIll target games like KOF, Metal Slugs, Dark Stalkers, Marvels, Samurai Showdown and others I forgot.​

- In PSX, how do we setup or how do the emulator handle multiple disc ISO eg. FF7 and FF8?

Big thanks to you KMFDMANIC especially for all your youtube replies! -- never thought it would be this easy.
I have tutorials in my signature that will help you with what you're looking for.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The easy part for you and others comes from many countless hours of testing:) I have been doing this for a good 30 years now:) Surprisingly, most of the same conflicts, issues, etc, people have now, are same as the ones that originated when emulation first started:) Back then, we had to run everything through Dos CMD prompts, though:) Fun stuff! Definitely do not use Mame 2003 Mini, as space is less of an issue now! NEO-GEO is very easy, and you can feel free to ask me about setup for that on Non-USB, well as USB-HOST. Multi-Disks are not complicated, either. But, they will be easier to switch when I post my Update today. 1.6.7 and 1.7.0 had disk switching bugs that are no longer present in the new RetroArch I am gonna post later! I will post it along with a link to a good tutorial.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tutorials in my signature that will help you with what you're looking for.

Oh nice thanks!

The easy part for you and others comes from many countless hours of testing:) I have been doing this for a good 30 years now:) Surprisingly, most of the same conflicts, issues, etc, people have now, are same as the ones that originated when emulation first started:) Back then, we had to run everything through Dos CMD prompts, though:) Fun stuff! Definitely do not use Mame 2003 Mini, as space is less of an issue now! NEO-GEO is very easy, and you can feel free to ask me about setup for that on Non-USB, well as USB-HOST. Multi-Disks are not complicated, either. But, they will be easier to switch when I post my Update today. 1.6.7 and 1.7.0 had disk switching bugs that are no longer present in the new RetroArch I am gonna post later! I will post it along with a link to a good tutorial.

Yes of course I'm aware of the difficulty and your frustrations! :) I've been coding since DOS as well but not much of emulations. I just don't really want to mess up my nes mini as it already sitting nicely in my living room lol.

I may need to catch up, read and watching stuff to do!

Cheers for your tutorials, really helpful! Can't wait for more lol.

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
HELLO!!!:bow:

MR. KMFDManic:wub: is possible that you have a video or you can create a simple video, very basic, to install in nes and snes games by usb.

In two words a tutorial by Mr. KMFDManic.

Since Cluster and TeamShinkansen do not give many explanations about it.

Thank you!!!:grog:

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Patton,

I was looking at your compatibility list and it looks easy to follow.

I didn't watch all videos yet but does some arcade requires you to add neogeo bios in the archive? Just asking because that's what I did in my mame2003mini. I used to have m2003 but doesn't work for some reason. Not sure if this was fixed already in updated hmods.

Can I request for Darkstalkers series? :)

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__