Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

dulux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Always good to have as many on board as possible:) Changes from Hakchi2 CE can be pull requested into Hakchi2, and vice versa:)

Seems things will go like you think :-)))))) :

Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin

@Cluster_M

·

I paused my work on hakchi2 for so long that guys from our team forked it and made much more changes. And I don't know how to merge our versions now :(

Last edited by dulux,
Reactions: teamvb

Glenzee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone have advice on getting Sega 32X roms working? Patton's demo doesn't work for me. I tried picodrive. Custom path of some sort or a different emulator?

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you use the OTG USB dongle, whilst using the snes mini with hakchi. Or, does the mini need to be connected direct to the micro USB?

I ask, because I have 2x OTG USB dongles, and both don't work with hakchi. The mini still powers up with the dongles. It's just the PC doesn't seem to see the mini any more.

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am currently using Hakchi v2.21e to load some NES games on his SNES mini.
They are playable but everytime i press the reset button i am getting a C7 error.
I have added 1 snes game, that seems to work fine and also resets properly.
But ALL of the NES games don't, they all have a C7 error, what could it be?
There has only been 4,38mb used

EDIT:
The solution was to install a newer version of Retroarch

Last edited by Mad-Mega,

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Is there a way to create custom skin for SNES classic? I download the PNG file through FTP but I cannot overwrite it over the original one.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, just trying to use hakchi CE 1.1 but it appears my console does not see the (128GB Sandisk) USB when I use NTFS, however if i force a Fat32 format of the stick, the games appear in the menu.

Last edited by LuigiXL,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 2-18-18

Welcome to RetroArch Neo:) RetroArch Neo consists of merged code from both the Original Team (myself, madmonkey, cluster, pcm) & 'TheOtherGuys' (Swingflip, Viral DNA, & CompCom). The Neo Additions contain a set of very clever & carefully calculated optimizations to clear & ensure more memory is always available for emulation via RetroArch. This minimizes potential slowdowns, as well as allows for more reliable game play. Feedback from the Community at large will always be most paramount as far as future changes for the better!
1.6.7 & 1.7.0 now have Neo Versions:) The Xtreme Variants are my own personal Optimizations to help with PSP/N64/Sega Saturn, and a System Wide Boost for all other Cores! Be sure to check out the latest, amazing version of Hakchi2 CE!!! Fantastic Release!!! Note: With the Xtreme Variants, use the following settings:)

For PSP:
Frame Skip Enabled & set to 1 for MOST Games &
Frame Skip Disabled & set to 2-4 for CPU Intensive
Restart may be required after making changes

Additionally, Many Cores were updated with optimizations, bug fixes, etc:) V1 Sega Saturn, V2 N64, and V3 PSP Performance Upgrades:) I will post videos of these in action:)

Enjoy the Update:) Next up will be some User Requests, such as running Golden Eye with SNES Controller, and a few other nifty things:) And, I will also make all the Cores look nicer to accommodate the new, nifty Module Window in Hakchi2 CE!!! Don't forget to grab the latest Release:) It is a truly beautiful thing!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Some of my games (other systems except NES/SNES/PSX) just black screen and back to menu instantly. However If I load a working NES game (retroarch) then load core/content through retroarch, the black sceen games run. Am I right in thinking it may be to do with characters in the file structure such as brackets () or is that old info now? Edit: I removed all the characters that might offend, even tried the raw rom, 7z, all back to menu unless run via content/core load using another game.
Thanks!

Just tried CE 1.1, and now everything except the USB host works now!//

I thought it was just me, try Fat32 and it works.

Last edited by LuigiXL,

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just edited my own skin for snes, but what directory would I place it in? I cannot overwrite the original file placed at usr/share/sprites (ftp)

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2-18-18 HOTFIX UPDATE

CRT Filter (ONLY for SNES) fixed and working properly in all RetroArchs in my Set. Mini SNES, Options, Display, Choose CRT initially, choose your border. Then, once it triggers, you can use borders with 4:3, as well. Thanks for the feedback, beazleybub & twicefalles. Same dates, but the fix is applied to all 6! Sorry for any inconvenience:) Grab from Mega Link or full 7z:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: the_randomizer

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm personally very interested in Custom skins for the console, a more comprehensive layout of the PNG would be good, like the timing of the "poof" animation of a state being erased... things like that, I'd be interested of making themes, like a Genesis theme... maybe then organize a dualboot that would load this "theme"
so when entering a different console "folder" would actually boot the console in a different boot withg its own theme.

Reactions: teamvb

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally very interested in Custom skins for the console, a more comprehensive layout of the PNG would be good, like the timing of the "poof" animation of a state being erased... things like that, I'd be interested of making themes, like a Genesis theme... maybe then organize a dualboot that would load this "theme"
so when entering a different console "folder" would actually boot the console in a different boot withg its own theme.
That's a really cool idea.

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a weird problem and posting here if anyone knows something about it. I flashed my original stock SNES kernel back and did a factory reset to start from scratch, then I used hakchi and when I flashed the custom kernel the snes had all of my old "hacked" games and settings....weird, then I deleted every trace from hakchi, redownloaded everything again and the same thing ( where is it getting my games and settings ?)...the weirder part is I used another PC , downloaded hakchi, installed the driver, dump original kernel, flashed custom kernel....lo and behold...all the new games and old settings again! wtf?

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been away for a while and still using the old hakchi for my nes mini but running solid in my living room.

Now I kind of left out and I heard/read you can use USB drive.

I wonder if it's easy as using latest hakchi from git? Can anyone point me to the right direction (link)?

I still want games from nes, snes, sega, neogeo/mame, n64 and now would like to add PS1 games as well.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: