Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can’t get Fire Emblem genealogy of the holy war (naga patch version) to work with MDFMKmanic’s snes9x core. After I launch It, it just returns to the game selection screen. Do you know how to fix it? The rest of the games work perfectly

Please, can anyone help me with this?

carlitob10

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, i have a question about the super famicom mini. Is there a way to get the original 21 games from the EU version transferred to the super famicom and have them on the main menu? I know you can change the menu to English but what about the games?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to popular request, and the push of madmonkey, I put together an MSU-1 Test & Tutorial Video:) Now, you can all run the equivalent of an SNES CD Add-On:) Enjoy!

Reactions: santamanga

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core Set Update:) UPDATE 11-20-17 Older MAME 2003 is no longer needed to run System 32 Games (Spider-Man, Golden Axe 2, Jurassic Park, Alien 3: The Gun, and so on!). The proper coding changes are now merged into the newer, MAME 2003 11-20-17 Variant (Thanks gamez-fan & twinaphex!) Also, a ton of Sega System 16, etc, Arcade Games have had fixes to them! So, check out games like Out Run, After Burner, Super Hang-On, and so on, to likely see different and better results than you've become accustomed to when using them with MAME 2003 up til this point!!! Enjoy! Also, Updated MGBA, RetroArch (FCEUMM), SNES9x (Save fix for Light Fantasy & Timing Fix for Chou Aniki) Thanks Oggom!, & NP2Kai. Expect Updates for USB-HOST, Fonts, and a few other things, over the course of this week:) Lastly, be sure to check out my MSU-1 Tutorial & Test Video:) Grab the Core Set, per usual, from... https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i have a question about the super famicom mini. Is there a way to get the original 21 games from the EU version transferred to the super famicom and have them on the main menu? I know you can change the menu to English but what about the games?

Get access to the dump of the games from the EU version and just drag the entire directories into games_snes in Hakchi2's folder (without Hakchi running).

Once loaded into Hakchi, you can optionally compress them with the checkbox to save space.

Use custom folders to ensure they appear on the main menu.

dersonik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there any way to add for example 1000 mame roms without edit command line arguments ? Something like /bin/zip = /bin/mame2003 or so

teamvb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The snes mini otg sticks out, would be great if someone make a super nintendo cd addon to put the otg and usb inside,it would be a dream come true for snes fans

Attachments

• 300px-SNES-CD_add-on.jpg
    300px-SNES-CD_add-on.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 297

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there any way to add 1000 mame roms without edit command line arguments ? Something like /bin/zip = /bin/mame2003 or so
Maybe bulk rename the file extension first to .mame2003 and see what it does importing into hackchi. Later rename it back?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi 4A mit Tapatalk

dulux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today's Core Set Update:) UPDATE 11-20-17 Older MAME 2003 is no longer needed to run System 32 Games (Spider-Man, Golden Axe 2, Jurassic Park, Alien 3: The Gun, and so on!). The proper coding changes are now merged into the newer, MAME 2003 11-20-17 Variant (Thanks gamez-fan & twinaphex!) Also, a ton of Sega System 16, etc, Arcade Games have had fixes to them! So, check out games like Out Run, After Burner, Super Hang-On, and so on, to likely see different and better results than you've become accustomed to when using them with MAME 2003 up til this point!!! Enjoy! Also, Updated MGBA, RetroArch (FCEUMM), SNES9x (Save fix for Light Fantasy & Timing Fix for Chou Aniki) Thanks Oggom!, & NP2Kai. Expect Updates for USB-HOST, Fonts, and a few other things, over the course of this week:) Lastly, be sure to check out my MSU-1 Tutorial & Test Video:) Grab the Core Set, per usual, from... https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

With these updates, snes mini with an external memory can be the best thing to give away This Christmas

Reactions: santamanga

dersonik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe bulk rename the file extension first to .mame2003 and see what it does importing into hackchi. Later rename it back?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi 4A mit Tapatalk

Can't do this. Adding with proper parameters but probably Retroarch can't run because it is not .zip file (changed extension .mame2003)

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My mod does not change the save location. It compresses saves when they are created they then work the same way as a normal uncompressed save. If you want I can explain a bit more about how saves work.

I haven't used the extra space mod but it since all it does is mount the extra partition over the default save location there shouldn't be any difference. If anyone has tested these two mods together please comment here on your experience.

I tested your compress savestates mod (v.0.5) in conjunction with extra_space module and it seems to work very well ! :)

The pre-savestates have been compressed without any issue... the compress process took less than a minute (I had only 9 savestates in the extra-space partition). I also tried to write/load/delete new compressed savestates and they were managed in the extra partition without any issue.
When you press "reset" the software uses a bit more time to come back to the menu, probably the small excess time is needed to compress the suspend point.

Your module is a very useful tool, thanks a lot! :)

Last edited by Gab75,
Reactions: CompCom

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a space problem in Hakchi. It says 109.0MB/223.6MB, but shoudn't it have around 300 megs instead of 223? What did I do wrong and how do I fix it to get back the other 80 megs?

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having a space problem in Hakchi. It says 109.0MB/223.6MB, but shoudn't it have around 300 megs instead of 223? What did I do wrong and how do I fix it to get back the other 80 megs?

Probably your "space problem" it's related to the savestates, you need to consider that every single savestate uses about 2.2-2.3 Mbytes (by default the savestates are stored in the same partition of the games)... if you want make a test, you can try to delete your savestates and check the free space (you can provisionally export the savestates on your PC using the hakchi Save-State Manager).

PS: the standard free-space in SNES mini isn't 300 Mbytes, but about 237-238 Mbytes (without savestates).

Last edited by Gab75,

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably your "space problem" it's related to the savestates, you need to consider that every single savestate uses about 2.2-2.3 Mbytes (by default the savestates are stored in the same partition of the games)... if you want make a test, you can try to delete your savestates and check the free space (you can provisionally export the savestates on your PC using the hakchi Save-State Manager).

PS: the standard free-space in SNES mini isn't 300 Mbytes, but about 237-238 Mbytes (without savestates).

Hmm... I have no saves at all, and I'm using the extra space hack. Could that have something to do with it?

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think it can wears down the flash memory quicker than without compression, or is it the same?
Sorry I missed your question. All save states are decompressed and compressed on a tmpfs which I believe means they are stored in ram not on the nand (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong). Which would mean this mod shouldn't cause any extra stress on the nand.
I tested your compress savestates mod (v.0.5) in conjunction with extra_space module and it seems to work very well ! :)

The pre-savestates have been compressed without any issue... the compress process took less than a minute (I had only 9 savestates in the extra-space partition). I also tried to write/load/delete new compressed savestates and they were managed in the extra partition without any issue.
When you press "reset" the software uses a bit more time to come back to the menu, probably the small excess time is needed to compress the suspend point.

Your module is a very useful tool, thanks a lot! :)
Thanks for testing. Yes you are correct when you press reset it does take a fraction of a second longer to return to the home screen due to the program compressing the save.

Reactions: Hellequin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo