1. Gab75

Gab75 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    With the extra_space module installed you should see about 262-263 Mbytes of free memory (without savestates and other modules)... you can try with a "clean" new installation.
    - remove/uninstall all extra modules installed
    - uninstall custom kernel
    - install original kernel
    - make a factory reset (Options/Reset to factory settings)
    - re-flash custom kernel
    - re-install extra modules

Last edited by Gab75, Nov 21, 2017
  2. Beathil

Beathil Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm not too concerned about the space, there is still plenty for me to do what I want to. I do have another little problem, I can't get the controller reset to work. I think it happend when I tried to install clovercon clovercon_debug and clovershell from my old nes classic install. Would that have messed it up, or am I doing something else wrong?

3. Smitchell6879

Smitchell6879 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Beware usb mod can brick your snes... at least for me I can not get it back in fel mode.... only will power on to shutdown.

Followed directions exactly and I am the lucky one in a million. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

artemus3 and loveShmups like this.
  4. ghorricks

ghorricks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    100% agree that a SNES CD USB Hub would be so cool to have.
    Just wondering if someone with a 3D printer and skills to make a shell for one from images could do the job.
    Then release the design so that we can buy the USB OTG hardware and then mount it inside the plastic case.
    Even if it is only a one off - it would still be "super cool"

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I had this happen in terms of power on to go straight to shutting down.
    Although after numerous attempts, using Hakchi2 and having it ready to write factory firmware before switching on with reset - eventually managed to rescue mine.

artemus3 and teamvb like this.
  5. jelmer

jelmer GBAtemp Fan

Bulgaria
    I think it would be a bit odd since MSU-1 games only have sound enhancements and functionality for FMV clips, the real SNES CD add on would probably have a co processor as well for slightly improved in-game graphics like the Sega CD. Maybe that is still possible but obviously those games have never been made.

6. Turnbl

Turnbl Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hey KMFD thanks for all your great work in this scene, much appreciated.

I have a specific question around the C64 VICE core - did you ever try multi disk games?

I can get to the settings through the keyboard GUI and find the second d64 file on the SNES. But it seems to freeze the device as soon as you select the disk.

This is on unzipped files on Zak McKracken. Will try some others later but didn't know if you had any ideas?

7. loveShmups

loveShmups Member
    Newcomer

France
    Well one of my friend has this problem. I think that the OTG cable available everywhere... is really a shitty product !
    USB port stops working , bad contact....
    Jesus... :-(

8. santamanga

santamanga Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I haven't tried out the c64 core (so I can't really be of real help) but will soon for it's what I grew up with. Meanwhile maybe this helps you figure it out:
    https://forums.libretro.com/t/how-to-swap-disks-with-the-new-vice-commodore64-core/9608/4
    Maybe you get google results with vice + flipdisk

Gesendet von meinem Redmi 4A mit Tapatalk

Turnbl likes this.
  9. ChrisQPhoto

ChrisQPhoto Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hey, so is there anything that can be done about a lost kernel? i have hakchi2 installed, and was able to successfully install retroarch and gets roms working on my NES Classic. but that was months ago, and now i have reopened hakchi2 to install it on my SNES Classic as well and it doesn’t seem to be there anymore. i think my Norton Antivirus wiped it and my original kernel dump backup is probably gone now... i’m concerned that will mean problems for me...

10. jelmer

jelmer GBAtemp Fan

Bulgaria
    Try this https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5rb99p/i_think_i_bricked_my_neshelp/dd65r9y/ or just use Google to find a kernel they should all be compatible as far I understood

11. Gab75

Gab75 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Maybe a clean new installation can also solve this issue...

12. santamanga

Newcomer

Gambia, The
    After flashing usb mod, when I want to add more hmods, do I just have to memboot or rebuild kernel and memboot?

13. Beathil

Beathil Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Okay, that I can do. But I need to know the best way to backup the games, with the checked games for my snes, and how to back up the layout on the snes. I don't want to have to do all that over again.

14. Gab75

Gab75 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    The selected games (with the related folders layout config) are saved in the hakchi sub-dirs, so it's enough re-synchronize the games after the kernel full unistallation/installation... if you use a new hakchi installation, you can copy the sub-dirs ("games_snes" and "config") of previous installation in the new hakchi workdir...

15. bandicoot37

bandicoot37 Member
    Newcomer

France
    @santamanga
    Only do a memboot after
    And be sure to use only Uncompress rom , and without any special caracter like ( ) , [ ] , & or ! , i loose a lot of time with that :) , but now it's christmas before christmas

santamanga likes this.
  16. santamanga

Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Thanks!

Another question. Using the prototype hakchi-gui-win32. Dump kernel ok. But I can't unpack kernel. I get file not found error.
    I remember hakchi2 in early stages had this error when using Windows 64bit. It's it the same problem?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi 4A mit Tapatalk

17. karloz25

karloz25 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok, so where can I find the GUIDE and FILES for USB games?
    I have a OTG adapter...

Thanks

18. jelmer

jelmer GBAtemp Fan

Bulgaria
  19. bandicoot37

bandicoot37 Member
    Newcomer

France
    use the official , launch it by administator , and verify your dump is in DUMP folder with this name kernel.img

santamanga and Turnbl like this.
  20. Smitchell6879

Smitchell6879 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just a update to the possible bricked snes.... Madmonkey and kayland came through... So apparently this mod is idiot proof... You can check Reddit for the solution. But good new is boot loop is solved still not sure where and what caused it but it can be fixed that is the main thing and I just want to thank them guys for taking time to help me out.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hakchi2, simple,