Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for the new release! :)

Just a question: to install the latest version do I need to uninstall the previous version from my SNES mini or can I directly overwrite the existing module with the new module?
With this latest version you should be able to just overwrite the module. Let me know if you encounter any errors or issues.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bring everything to stock using hakchi2 (uninstall kernel and then reinstal original kernel) and your console will work fine again.

Shutting down appears (using prototype version - official one not personally tested) when you try to add new hmods with hakchi2 AFTER the hakchi-gui USB patch. This is probably related to the thing explained in the readme file:

not sure what to do with this:
rm -rf hakchi2/mods/mod_hakchi/*
rsync -ac "hakchi/mod/" "hakchi2/mods/mod_hakchi/" ???

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to add modules AFTER hackchi-gui USB patches you MUST substitute the whole content of this folder (i suggest you to make a backup first):

\hakchi2\mods\mod_hakchi

with the content of this folder:

\hakchi-gui-win32(official or prototype)\mod

for what i can understand each time you install a module this "mod" folder is always re-uploaded to the Mini but using the old hakchi2 one while you are using an USB-patched kernel cause the "shutting down" problem.

Last edited by asper,
Reactions: karloz25

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good morning everyone.

For our nes and mini snes.

Made in SPAIN !!!! EUROPE !!!

multicart-001.jpg

The mojon twins:

As a tribute to our dear mothers, on a day as special as the day of kings, we want to share with you our own Multicart. 31 real games! many laughs! Headshots against the wall! Commands that fly around the room! Mysterious secrets! False names! Repeated games changing the doll! All in 3 Megabits full of love and kisses.

MOJON TWINS GREAT WISDOM - 31 in 1 REAL GAME!

http://www.mojontwins.com/juegos_mojonos/mojon-twins-gran-sabiduria-31-in-1-real-game-nes/

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With this latest version you should be able to just overwrite the module. Let me know if you encounter any errors or issues.

First I tried to uninstall old module and install new module, later I also tried to overwrite directly the module... in both cases everything worked fine! :)

PS: just one time, when I pressed Reset to come back to the menu, the software gave back an error (C2: Your settings have been reset)... in any case, it only happened one time (I tried several games), probably an isolated random error during the suspend point compression procedure.

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First I tried to uninstall old module and install new module, later I also tried to overwrite directly the module... in both cases everything worked fine! :)

PS: just one time, when I pressed Reset to come back to the menu, the software gave back an error (C2: Your settings have been reset)... in any case, it only happened one time (I tried several games), probably an isolated random error during the suspend point compression procedure.
Thanks for letting me know. The C2 error is a bit concerning though although it may be a one off occurrence (I couldn't find any information on what exactly causes it). I personally haven't encountered it (and I rewind like crazy) please let me know if it happens again. I will in the mean time look into the script and see if there is anything that may cause any errors/issues.

Last edited by CompCom,

Turnbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't tried out the c64 core (so I can't really be of real help) but will soon for it's what I grew up with. Meanwhile maybe this helps you figure it out:
https://forums.libretro.com/t/how-to-swap-disks-with-the-new-vice-commodore64-core/9608/4
Maybe you get google results with vice + flipdisk

Gesendet von meinem Redmi 4A mit Tapatalk

Thanks. Hoping to get some time later to mess around with the flip disk. I assume I can get to the config file under my pc hakchi2 structure or do I have to ftp to the mini?

This is a little less of an issue now as I tested that c64/c64gs cartridge images (.crt) work fine.

Bit obscure but does anyone know if c16/plus4 games work on this Vice core? Tried xplus4 and cplus4 in the command line with no success.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a "written" guide somewhere for USB_HOST ?
The video is great, but it would nice to have a step by step guide typed up somewhere?
As soon as I can get this working I'll be making one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Today's Core Update:) UPDATE 11-22-17 It has been brought to my attention (Thanks alcuin & madmonkey!) that the tiny7z that was in my Advanced Users Folder for USB-HOST was the incorrect one. The proper one has now replaced it, complete with a ReadMe file crediting the original Author of this amazing Tool:) You can NOW run 7z Games via USB-HOST, given you have proper names (minus Parenthesis:) I thoroughly apologize for accidentally posting the wrong one. Bug Fixes & Updates for USB-HOST have also been merged into hakchi-gui-win32(official), in Advanced Users. These include various bug fixes, repair of games, and simplified overmounting for Games. (Thanks DanTheMan827!!!!!). These changes will also help with Nes Classic more optimally running USB-HOST. If on SNES Classic with USB-HOST, hakchi/saves folder is optional. If on NES Classic with USB-HOST, hakchi/saves folder is required! Otherwise, Storage is mounted RO (You will have no fonts and menu will not start!). Also, Updates to MAME 2003 (NBA Jam Sound Fixes), FBA 2016 (Another Sound Fix for Sol Divide). Enjoy Today's Update:) https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/
Quick question, the fontfix mod you included in your last release, what exactly does that do? I was under the impression that it caused those characters which were initially not allowed to be in file names, to be recognized now. Am I way off on this?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question, the fontfix mod you included in your last release, what exactly does that do? I was under the impression that it caused those characters which were initially not allowed to be in file names, to be recognized now. Am I way off on this?
from the readme:

-Font Issues - font issues, these are only on nes and there are 2 fixes. Either
mount usb read-write, so that code that's already there can put
relevant font files on there. Or put fixed font files in each directory
beforehand. That's assuming you have cluster's fontfix hmod installed.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as I can get this working I'll be making one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It does the same thing. But, it is an Updated Version of it. The changes to USB-HOST Official Version in my Core Set, also helps with a few bug fixes:) DanTheMan827 was great on coding those. Once Madmonkey approved of them (I had already tested them a good week ago), I updated them into my set.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a C7 error with USB-Host

Swapped folders first.
\hakchi2\mods\mod_hakchi

I uninstalled using Hakchi2.
(started from original kernel)
installed Modules; Retro arch, psx, snes, genesis, 64
exited Hakchi2

loaded Hakchi gui win.exe
dump kernel.img
unpack kernel.img
flash kernel
rebuild kernel.img
memboot

loaded snes mini.
folders and games show from usb.

c7 error on all games

help

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for letting me know. The C2 error is a bit concerning though although it may be a one off occurrence (I couldn't find any information on what exactly causes it). I personally haven't encountered it (and I rewind like crazy) please let me know if it happens again. I will in the mean time look into the script and see if there is anything that may cause any errors/issues.

Yes, the C2 error is potentially related to a corrupt code within the kernel, so it's a bit concerning... in any case, for now, it never happened again...

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
has someone aconfig file for retroarch for the nes games?
my version is on speed! 1s real life are in super mario bros (1) 3 second ingame.

some games works normal but many are on turbo

Last edited by Liriel,

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Getting a C7 error with USB-Host

Swapped folders first.
\hakchi2\mods\mod_hakchi

As I understand it, you don´t swap the folder at start. If you went to the procedure once and want to add more hmods, then you need to exchange the gui mod folder onto the hakchi2 one. But not when you start with the stock kernel.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I understand it, you don´t swap the folder at start. If you went to the procedure once and want to add more hmods, then you need to exchange the gui mod folder onto the hakchi2 one. But not when you start with the stock kernel.

I also believe i didnt flash hakchi2 correct:
i loaded hakchi2
uninstalled everything
loaded modules
exited...

was i suppose to flash custom kernel?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb