1. youngtune27

youngtune27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes he is sure

2. Gab75

Gab75 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Great! Moreover, if I understood well, in the latest release the sram saves are not compressed... on the other hand, they require a very little space in comparison to the savestates! ;)

3. PPlays

PPlays GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you have downloaded and used ANY version of hakchi on your computer, you should not have to install any more drivers.

4. CompCom

CompCom Member
    Newcomer

None of the releases compress the sram. The sram of each game is only a few kb since they use very little space I don't see the need to compress them.

5. rhester72

rhester72 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a thought on how you might be able to uncompress on uninstall, but I need to test it with a sufficient number of compressed savestates to see if the time it takes to decompress them all outruns the watchdog. Still wading through other coding work ATM, remind me I said this if I don't post an issue within a week. <G>

6. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    How one would decompress their states afterward?

thanks

Oh and also, I guess this only compresses saves that are still in the main partition, right?

Last edited by The Frenchman, Nov 20, 2017
  7. CompCom

CompCom Member
    Newcomer

At the moment the safest way for an average user would be:
    • Use ftp to grab all your game save folders located in /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/.
    • Manually go into the folder for each game. There should be a folder for each save state. In these folders there should be a folder called rollback with a file called rollback.7z. Decompress this file using 7zip then delete it.
    • Copy back all the game save folders using ftp.
    I am working on writing a script for decompression. I just have to find a way to do it safely. I am probably going to implement decompression into the hakchi save manager first though as it is safer.
    This mod compresses a save state when it is generated by the emulator it can then be copied to any location. The new version I am testing also compresses save states in the default location(/var/lib/clover/profiles/0/) when first installed.

Last edited by CompCom, Nov 20, 2017
  8. Hellequin

Hellequin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Do you think it can wears down the flash memory quicker than without compression, or is it the same?

9. jelmer

jelmer GBAtemp Fan

Bulgaria
    Does anyone know if Cluster is working with MadMonkey to get the USB host mod implemented into Hakchi2? I see here and there that people get it to work but it seems a lot of work to input all the info manually. Also should we use USB 2.0 or can we use 3.0 as well? And finally, is there a limit which size we pick, can we use a 64gb stick for example?

10. DR1001

DR1001 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Not sure if it is going to be incorporated or not, but I do know that 2.0 and 3.0 USB works. Haven't seen a limit that hasn't worked yet.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Has anyone done the USB Host MOD on a NES Classic. I've seen it on a SNES classic so far and what happens is that when the USB is not connected, you get the knock knock hakchi screen and then the 21 games as if the console is stock on boot up. With a NES Classic I'm guessing you'll get the knock knock hakchi screen and then the 30 games that came with the classic on boot up without the USB attached.

11. supermist

supermist GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I hope it is, I'm holding out for it.

12. Smitchell6879

Smitchell6879 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have been looking at the source code for hacki and am wondering if anyone know how to open a .fb file so that it can me edited.

Basically my goal is to change the knock knock screen as I would consider it a splash screen when you first boot the snea after the USB mod.

13. tatundria

tatundria GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    I can’t get Fire Emblem genealogy of the holy war (naga patch version) to work with MDFMKmanic’s snes9x core. After I launch It, it just returns to the game selection screen. Do you know how to fix it? The rest of the games work perfectly

14. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    @KMFDManic Is there really no way to force aspect ratio stretching in Hackchi?

15. Gab75

Gab75 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I have a doubt/question: if you use your module in conjunction with the extra_space mod are the compressed savestates automatically saved in the extra partition?

artemus3 likes this.
  16. CompCom

CompCom Member
    Newcomer

My mod does not change the save location. It compresses saves when they are created they then work the same way as a normal uncompressed save. If you want I can explain a bit more about how saves work.

I haven't used the extra space mod but it since all it does is mount the extra partition over the default save location there shouldn't be any difference. If anyone has tested these two mods together please comment here on your experience.

Last edited by CompCom, Nov 20, 2017
    artemus3 likes this.
  17. Spottedfeather

Spottedfeather GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have two Hakchis that I use/am going to use...2.14 for the NES classic, and 2.21f for the SNES classic. I've only ever used 2.14. I HAVE installed 2.21f in preparation for when I get the SNES classic for christmas.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

quick question. When you delete save states, is that space freed back up for use ?

18. rhester72

rhester72 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You've asked this question - and had it answered - dozens of times now. Yes (with some effort) in Retroarch, no not ever with Canoe. The answer isn't going to change the more times/people you ask.

TerryG and Shadowtrance like this.
  19. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    So if I want to compress my existing save states I could just load any of my save states and then just re-save over it so it is generated after the mod was installed.

20. CompCom

CompCom Member
    Newcomer

Yes if you load an uncompressed save you can then re-save over it with a compressed version. There is a new version on github which will compress all saves on install however I have not tested this with a large number of saves yet but once I do I will post a new version here.

The Frenchman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hakchi2, simple,