Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Currently yes. However a user on github has suggested a fix for this issue and I am currently attempting to implement their idea. If successful I will post a new version of the mod.
A new version with the game sync fix is now available at github or here. Thanks to Loafdude for suggesting the fix.

Great! Moreover, if I understood well, in the latest release the sram saves are not compressed... on the other hand, they require a very little space in comparison to the savestates! ;)

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you sure ? It's not installed in the SNES classic and I haven't run hakchi yet. I'm talking about the new version that I'm going to use for the SNES classic, not the version that I use for the NES classic.
If you have downloaded and used ANY version of hakchi on your computer, you should not have to install any more drivers.

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great! Moreover, if I understood well, in the latest release the sram saves are not compressed... on the other hand, they require a very little space in comparison to the savestates! ;)
None of the releases compress the sram. The sram of each game is only a few kb since they use very little space I don't see the need to compress them.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the releases compress the sram. The sram of each game is only a few kb since they use very little space I don't see the need to compress them.

I have a thought on how you might be able to uncompress on uninstall, but I need to test it with a sufficient number of compressed savestates to see if the time it takes to decompress them all outruns the watchdog. Still wading through other coding work ATM, remind me I said this if I don't post an issue within a week. <G>

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How one would decompress their states afterward?
At the moment the safest way for an average user would be:
  • Use ftp to grab all your game save folders located in /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/.
  • Manually go into the folder for each game. There should be a folder for each save state. In these folders there should be a folder called rollback with a file called rollback.7z. Decompress this file using 7zip then delete it.
  • Copy back all the game save folders using ftp.
I am working on writing a script for decompression. I just have to find a way to do it safely. I am probably going to implement decompression into the hakchi save manager first though as it is safer.
Oh and also, I guess this only compresses saves that are still in the main partition, right?
This mod compresses a save state when it is generated by the emulator it can then be copied to any location. The new version I am testing also compresses save states in the default location(/var/lib/clover/profiles/0/) when first installed.

Last edited by CompCom,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Does anyone know if Cluster is working with MadMonkey to get the USB host mod implemented into Hakchi2? I see here and there that people get it to work but it seems a lot of work to input all the info manually. Also should we use USB 2.0 or can we use 3.0 as well? And finally, is there a limit which size we pick, can we use a 64gb stick for example?

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if Cluster is working with MadMonkey to get the USB host mod implemented into Hakchi2? I see here and there that people get it to work but it seems a lot of work to input all the info manually. Also should we use USB 2.0 or can we use 3.0 as well? And finally, is there a limit which size we pick, can we use a 64gb stick for example?
Not sure if it is going to be incorporated or not, but I do know that 2.0 and 3.0 USB works. Haven't seen a limit that hasn't worked yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has anyone done the USB Host MOD on a NES Classic. I've seen it on a SNES classic so far and what happens is that when the USB is not connected, you get the knock knock hakchi screen and then the 21 games as if the console is stock on boot up. With a NES Classic I'm guessing you'll get the knock knock hakchi screen and then the 30 games that came with the classic on boot up without the USB attached.

Smitchell6879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking at the source code for hacki and am wondering if anyone know how to open a .fb file so that it can me edited.

Basically my goal is to change the knock knock screen as I would consider it a splash screen when you first boot the snea after the USB mod.

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can’t get Fire Emblem genealogy of the holy war (naga patch version) to work with MDFMKmanic’s snes9x core. After I launch It, it just returns to the game selection screen. Do you know how to fix it? The rest of the games work perfectly

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This mod compresses a save state when it is generated by the emulator it can then be copied to any location. The new version I am testing also compresses save states in the default location(/var/lib/clover/profiles/0/) when first installed.

I have a doubt/question: if you use your module in conjunction with the extra_space mod are the compressed savestates automatically saved in the extra partition?

Reactions: artemus3

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a doubt/question: if you use your module in conjunction with the extra_space mod are the compressed savestates automatically saved in the extra partition?
My mod does not change the save location. It compresses saves when they are created they then work the same way as a normal uncompressed save. If you want I can explain a bit more about how saves work.

I haven't used the extra space mod but it since all it does is mount the extra partition over the default save location there shouldn't be any difference. If anyone has tested these two mods together please comment here on your experience.

Last edited by CompCom,
Reactions: artemus3

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have downloaded and used ANY version of hakchi on your computer, you should not have to install any more drivers.
I have two Hakchis that I use/am going to use...2.14 for the NES classic, and 2.21f for the SNES classic. I've only ever used 2.14. I HAVE installed 2.21f in preparation for when I get the SNES classic for christmas.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

quick question. When you delete save states, is that space freed back up for use ?

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At the moment the safest way for an average user would be:
  • Use ftp to grab all your game save folders located in /var/lib/clover/profiles/0/.
  • Manually go into the folder for each game. There should be a folder for each save state. In these folders there should be a folder called rollback with a file called rollback.7z. Decompress this file using 7zip then delete it.
  • Copy back all the game save folders using ftp.
I am working on writing a script for decompression. I just have to find a way to do it safely. I am probably going to implement decompression into the hakchi save manager first though as it is safer.

So if I want to compress my existing save states I could just load any of my save states and then just re-save over it so it is generated after the mod was installed.

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if I want to compress my existing save states I could just load any of my save states and then just re-save over it so it is generated after the mod was installed.
Yes if you load an uncompressed save you can then re-save over it with a compressed version. There is a new version on github which will compress all saves on install however I have not tested this with a large number of saves yet but once I do I will post a new version here.

Reactions: The Frenchman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.