Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Deadme0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Long time ago someone post a video how to switch sweat into blood in Metal Slug Mame, but I cant find it. How to enable blood?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I know people been asking this quistion in this thread before. But I cant find this error anywhere. I've tried to flash my nintendo mini with retroarch to get Snes working. But Im keep getting the C6-error. And when Im trying to follow the utube-video with the init-file replacement do I not find the init file. The whole map structure in 'mods' looks different compared to guy in the utube-video and there are more files which missing.

Do anyone know whats wrong or have the same problem.
cheers from sweden
You don't need to mess with the init file. Just download hakchi and download and install retroarch and the mods you want like snes9x2010 to play snes games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Long time ago someone post a video how to switch sweat into blood in Metal Slug Mame, but I cant find it. How to enable blood?
Switch to fba it's a lot easier to turn blood on

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I know people been asking this quistion in this thread before. But I cant find this error anywhere. I've tried to flash my nintendo mini with retroarch to get Snes working. But Im keep getting the C6-error. And when Im trying to follow the utube-video with the init-file replacement do I not find the init file. The whole map structure in 'mods' looks different compared to guy in the utube-video and there are more files which missing.

cheers from sweden

The init replacement was versions ago...did you just buy that mini? You need to install retroarch.. then your hmods..cloverapp in the games folder..etc..snes can use either snes9x2005 core, or snes9x2010 core.

randomgirl

Trophies
XP
Country
The init replacement was versions ago...did you just buy that mini? You need to install retroarch.. then your hmods..cloverapp in the games folder..etc..snes can use either snes9x2005 core, or snes9x2010 core.

Install how?
Can you send me the right retroarch link, cus I don't know then if I've downloaded the correct one.

Thank you for helping!

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's finally here, Bro @ByteThis!
Can't wait to test it tonight! Now I'm ready for games with more buttons! :D

Attachments

• HORI Luigi Battle Pad.jpg
    HORI Luigi Battle Pad.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 252

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to make MAME/FBA work with 7z files instead of just ZIP? I'm trying to squeeze every last MB out of the NESC.

If not, what's the best program to get the smallest ZIP file?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cheers from sweden

I would recommend trying to use latest 2.17 version hakchi2, as well as the CURRENT retroarch+snes hmods. C6 can be attributed to compatibility conflict, and unable to load. You didn't need to change anything in the .ini. Default hakchi2, and the hmods I stated, should work fine:) For SNES, in current hakchi2, you can install SNES 2005 or SNES 2010 (pick one or the other, as both require a little more modification). And, I may have gotten ahead of myself. But, many times, people completely neglect to even install the hmods:)

For those of you who have been having issue with certain FDS games, such as Nazo no Murasame, as far as disk switching. I show the easy way to do it in the video. I also show how to load Nestopia core for compressed games, since it defaults to Fceumm core, when compressed...for NES and FDS. It would likely require a revision to the Retroarch HMOD, to run Nestopia by default, with compressed games, since this was not taken into account initially. But, nonetheless, this is still an easy way to do both workarounds:)

https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/6bz9l9/nes_classic_famicom_disk_system_test_easy/

I keep getting an "Unhandled exception" error after adding games to hakchi and running the "download boxart for all games" feature (doesn't matter if it's 660 games or 1).
Whenever I select a game from the list (mark it, try to check or uncheck), I get the unhandled exception error.

Is this a know issue? Is there a fix?
This happens on both hakchi2 version 2.16c and 2.17
I've tried running the application with admin priveledges, but the same error happens.
Windows 10 64-bit

Here's the debug info;
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
at com.clusterrr.hakchi_gui.NesMiniApplication.LoadBitmap(String path)
at com.clusterrr.hakchi_gui.MainForm.ShowSelected()
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8745 (WinRel.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
hakchi
Assembly Version: 2.0.17.15
Win32 Version: 2.0.17.15
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Games/Nintendo/2016-NES%20Classic%20Edition/hakchi2%202.17/hakchi2/hakchi.exe
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8750 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8763 built by: WinRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

See if the debug version of Hakchi2 works for you. Otherwise, you seem to have a conflict with security on your computer. I addressed this in my "Access Denied" video.

This works great with Neo Geo Unibios + Final Burn HMOD combination. It has eeprom save issues with Mame 2003, unfortunately. So, it needs to be redone each time you turn the system back on.

Is there anyway to make MAME/FBA work with 7z files instead of just ZIP? I'm trying to squeeze every last MB out of the NESC.

If not, what's the best program to get the smallest ZIP file?

This is another thing I have tested and achieved fairly recently. More advanced compression for MAME games. I basically knocked 800 mb off of the full set. It all adds up:) This same compression works for any .ZIP ONLY compressions in Hakchi2. I will do an overview/video of it soon.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which controller do you have? For dip switches ZR should bring up options menu after starting metal slug. Then click on dip switches. Then turn test swiTch to yes. Then reset the game it will now boot in up the diagnostics screen. Click soft dip and click metal slug x then turn blood on. Back out and turn test switch off and restart the game. You will then have blood. But you got to do that every time I believe to have blood. On FBA it's way faster and easier

Reactions: Deadme0w

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
The sc3000/SG1000 games work perfecly with Genesis plus SX
Only Congo Bongo dont work

I got Congo Bongo working. You need to go into quick settings, and change controller type. I changed mine to 6 button MD, so it configures the buttons needed to start the game.

I mean ofcourse SG-1000, sorry
http://segaretro.org/Drol

It is a different machine than a Master System, maybe it works, but you have to alter the command line into /bin/sms
https://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Genesis_Plus_GX

Has to be /bin/md And, Drol runs nicely.

I don't know. I THOUGHT it was SC-3000. It's Drol. The rom ends in .sc. I got it from romhustler in the sega master system section.
http://romhustler.net/rom/sms/drol-sc-3000

I tried /sc, which was the default. It didn't work. I tried /sms. It didn't work. I even tried mame2003 and THAT didn't work.

I just found a rom that ends in .sg.....if you think that will help.

I got Drol running. If the rom, itself, does not work, then you are likely using a bad md5 hash checksum version. Good Set variants tend to have compatibility issues with Mini NES. /bin/md will run .sg extensions. I tested Drol and Congo Bongo. Both run flawlessly.

System Tree Test - Part 2

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ahhh..finally! Now you can finally enjoy a bigger selection of games! Enjoy bro!

Thanks for the support, Bro. Brace yourselves, I'm gonna ask you and Bro @youngtune27 a lot of things about how to play MAME games, which I've been ignoring all this time because I had only NES controllers. :D

what did you think of the controller ?

Overall, it's a great controller to use. Well, at first I was only thinking about its compatibility with NESCE and when I plugged it in, I couldn't be more happier! It functions just like NESCE controller, Home button brings you back to the UI, the turbo function is as simple as Cluster's clovercon. The buttons might feel kind of clicky, but they're fine once you're getting yourself used to them for a while. The default button mapping seems pretty okay (I only tested a few games), though I feel that I still need to remap them again game-by-game when playing Sega Genesis games. Too bad I only had a short time to test it out, this weekend I'll test more with SNES, N64 and PSX games.

Btw Bro @youngtune27, how's it going with Mario Kart 64? Is it still unable to save your game progress? Any recommendation on good and playable N64 games?

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the support, Bro. Brace yourselves, I'm gonna ask you and Bro @youngtune27 a lot of things about how to play MAME games, which I've been ignoring all this time because I had only NES controllers. :D

Overall, it's a great controller to use. Well, at first I was only thinking about its compatibility with NESCE and when I plugged it in, I couldn't be more happier! It functions just like NESCE controller, Home button brings you back to the UI, the turbo function is as simple as Cluster's clovercon. The buttons might feel kind of clicky, but they're fine once you're getting yourself used to them for a while. The default button mapping seems pretty okay (I only tested a few games), though I feel that I still need to remap them again game-by-game when playing Sega Genesis games. Too bad I only had a short time to test it out, this weekend I'll test more with SNES, N64 and PSX games.

Btw Bro @youngtune27, how's it going with Mario Kart 64? Is it still unable to save your game progress? Any recommendation on good and playable N64 games?

Mame and fba games are awesome! Can play right to the end of the games..check out the Metal Slug roms..awesome gameplay!

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Congo Bongo working. You need to go into quick settings, and change controller type. I changed mine to 6 button MD, so it configures the buttons needed to start the game.

Has to be /bin/md And, Drol runs nicely.

I got Drol running. If the rom, itself, does not work, then you are likely using a bad md5 hash checksum version. Good Set variants tend to have compatibility issues with Mini NES. /bin/md will run .sg extensions. I tested Drol and Congo Bongo. Both run flawlessly.

System Tree Test - Part 2

So, to run the sg Drol, I have to put /md and not /sg ?

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SG would never be possible. It shouldn't matter if you use md or sms it still would point out to the same emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto