Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Cluster, Jan 7, 2017.

1. ByteThis

ByteThis GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2017
    Canada
    I like all the Metal Slugs.1 2 3 4 5 and X..there are bootleg versions out there to add to 3 4 and 5..

2. jojo5671

jojo5671 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 22, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I finally managed to install the nes driver and upload retroarch.
    However, when starting the NES the screen remains black. When pressing the power button it says "SHUTTING DOWN...".

What's wrong now?

3. Beathil

Beathil Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    Canada
    Can anyone recommend a really good controller? I would like one that comes as close to the Wii Classic controller as possible, but there are so many out there, I don't know what to get.

4. youngtune27

youngtune27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    I took mario kart off cause it crashed a lot during mushroom cup. Haven't messed with it much since. But I have some 64 games on. Diddy kong racing works really well if you want a mario kart type game. In game saves work just fine if you load it uncompressed.

5. maande80

maande80 GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2010
    Indonesia
    Metal Slug series, imho, fits better for 2 players. Didn't really enjoy much while playing it alone, don't know why. Anyway, thank you for the suggestion. :)

I'll give it a try then, thanks. :)

6. Clint13579

Clint13579 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2017
    United States
    Is it possible to save the controller settings in nestopia?

For example, every time I exit an fds game the next time I load it I have to go into the settings and re-map the button config for ejecting and flipping the disk.

Can this be saved so every time I load fds games eject is "B" and flip is "A"?

Thanks for any help!

7. Spottedfeather

Spottedfeather GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    There should be. Press select and start at the same time. Does the retroarch menu open ? If it does, there should be a setting called Save Game Remap or something similar.

8. psygho

psygho Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2010
    Netherlands
    Wii u Pro controller, with 8bit do Retro Reciever lag free wireless gaming!..

9. D-an-W

D-an-W GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2002
    I'm liking the 8Bitdo NES30 Pro with a Retro Receiver

10. Mad-Mega

Mad-Mega GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2017
    Netherlands
    haha, it took 5 months and 509 pages to bring some rest in this topic :-)

ArcNoculus and keithelmcity like this.
  11. jelmer

jelmer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 25, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Well, most problems are pretty well documented by now (if you have the nerve to go through 509 pages). Maybe we can get a few more emulators here and there but Hakchi2 itself is rock solid at the moment. Since Clovershell C8 issues are an easy fix amongst other things. I heard the reasons why it couldn't be possible but I was really hoping for USB storage at one point. All in all I am super happy with my Mini and it quite amazing what we have been able to do with this little box. You never know, Cluster keeps on surprising with tools like FTP access, save state manager etc. I will keep on looking here and Reddit for the time being.

artemus3 likes this.
  12. sromeroi

sromeroi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2017
    Right now I'm quite happy with what we have and I'm only missing USB storage (which I'm not sure if we will ever see it) and Retropie's Crt-pi and Ctr-pi-curvature shaders....

And probably with just the shaders I would be happy enough :)

rot86, artemus3 and jelmer like this.
  13. Spottedfeather

Spottedfeather GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    I'll be happy if someone here comes up with an Apple II emulator.....

14. ArcNoculus

ArcNoculus Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2017
    United States
    PSP emulation is stable on Raspberry Pi, so why not NES mini? I'm still inclined to believe this could be done if core was recompiled. But all in all, very happy with what we have.

15. Bumblecito

Bumblecito GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Mexico
    Could anybody please upload the Firmware 1.5 Beta 0 ( 8Bitdo_NesMini_RR_Firmware_v1.05_Beta0.zip ) ? It's been deleted from the 8bitdo web and I can't find it anywhere =(

Please !!!! =(

16. psygho

psygho Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2010
    Netherlands
    I have an copy on HD. (it is not in zip, but it will do the job fine) So if all goes wrong, and nobody has working link, send me an PM and I will mail it to you.

Edit: found the original archive! it is only 405kb

Last edited by psygho, May 25, 2017
  17. rot86

rot86 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    Spain
    Hopefully @Cluster sees it... :rolleyes:

18. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2010
    United States
    Cluster knows about that but the USB problem seems to be almost impossible to overcome if no one can provide kernel settings for the nes mini OS build (unfortunately unavailbale from the sources Nintendo provided). The problem was largely explored by honeylab (http://honeylab.hatenablog.jp/) so you can ask him and not Cluster about the USB storage feature.
    For now the only possible way to expand NES Mini storage seems to be starting the system OS from an SD but this will necessarily require an hardmod (also explained extensively and successfully obtained by honeylab). If Cluster will have time he will have a look at this "SD" possibility. I hope he will but please, do not harrass him about that ;)

Last edited by asper, May 25, 2017
  19. ByteThis

ByteThis GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2017
    Canada
    Here you are :

https://filetrip.net/dl?44fzDbWzDZ

Bumblecito likes this.
  20. Bumblecito

Bumblecito GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Mexico