Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
If you cannot diference from where a quote comes, maybe it's THE problem. I need to smoke. But I suspect I'm being trolled.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just did what was said. Still the same problem. Keep getting no dump kernel found and now a no desktop data fes1 bin not found.
No Dumped Kernel found is a normal error if you haven't dumped your kernel yet.

It still sounds like you're not extracting the archive, all of it (not just hakchi.exe)

djovelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It still sounds like you're not extracting the archive, all of it (not just hakchi.exe)
I think he reads everything and expects everything is for him...

@OpTIMusPrimeNeo when you deleted "everything" you saved your dumped kernel somewhere, right? Also, what software are you using for unzipping?

OpTIMusPrimeNeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Let me go back and see what I'm doing wrong. I extracted it to my desktop. Should I also be concerned that it's not automatically sorting the games to players and game companies and release date?

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
I've already posted everything I could tell you in previous posts. NES games are NOT my problem, running RetroArch at all is my problem. RetroArch DOES NOT launch, just boots me back to the main menu every time I select it. All NES games DO WORK no matter if I have RetroArch installed or not.

Have you replaced init file with the one from GitHub?

OpTIMusPrimeNeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he reads everything and expects everything is for him...

@OpTIMusPrimeNeo when you deleted "everything" you saved your dumped kernel somewhere, right? Also, what software are you using for unzipping?
No I put all things that were hakchi2 into my recycling bin and deleted it and then redownloaded it like the other guy said and extracted it instead of running it from the zip. I'm using 7zip.

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, don't worry about game sorting etc until you can get it working.

On your desktop, in the folder you extracted it, is there a data folder with a fes1.bin file in it?

invader_chin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you CLUSTER AND EVERYONE (even with my snarkiess)

thank you for your patience!

now I will get my lady bucketnekkit and let her enjoy her sonics and tails

stay patient everyone!

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
No I put all things that were hakchi2 into my recycling bin and deleted it and then redownloaded it like the other guy said and extracted it instead of running it from the zip. I'm using 7zip.
Nobody said to you to delete all hakchi2 folder... but I can send you a MP to get one kernel.

Rgs.

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you replaced init file with the one from GitHub?
Yes. I've done every step exactly as the instructions said and it just refuses to work for me no matter how many times I start from scratch or re-flash. There are even certain options in hakchi not relating to RetroArch that never worked for me like folders, auto-fire, and menu music removal.

I'm assuming the way RetroArch is launched is similar to how folders work? Both do the exact same thing on my setup.

Last edited by ruyor,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. I've done every step exactly as the instructions said and it just refuses to work for me no matter how many times I start from scratch or re-flash. There are even certain options in hakchi not relating to RetroArch that never worked for me like folders, auto-fire, and menu music removal.

I'm assuming the way RetroArch is launched is similar to how folders work? Both do the exact same thing on my setup.
In your case as tell you before. Extract hakchi2_debug.zip 2.11 and send logs to @Cluster

Rgs.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
it can't be, it's impossible to brick this thing. Sorry for asking again, what are you trying to reflash? Also, if you used "Flash Original Kernel" in Hakchi, boot up the NESCE and go to Settings -> Reset. You may have things inside the memory taking up the extra space.
Well it's unlikely to soft brick it but the flash ram has a limit of about 100.000 write cycles, about the same of an everdrive. Someone has to be first to brick their system due to flashing it constantly. It will take a couple of years, I can't imagine that's his issue right now.

Last edited by jelmer,

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its folk like this who give this place a bad rep for its leech community....

give folks credit its multiple folks from different languages trying to communicate the same idea

so smug yet no talent to create

what a shame

I'm glad you took that personally...
I was simply stating the fact that if people don't have the knowledge to perform the install perhaps it would be better to wait for it to be officially implemented into hakchi2 no?
Or take your chances and royally screw everything up.. however good luck getting a hold of another nes classic to try again.

Perhaps you should think before you speak as that comment wasn't aimed directly at you good sir!

And as far as contributions to the community, while it may not have been here i was one of the pioneers of the original FMCB for ps2 hack so stuff it.

Reactions: invader_chin

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia

Not really, folders are much more complicated.
If you're having problems with folders, auto-fire and other things that should be working for everyone (assuming you did everything correctly), I think you should contact @Cluster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here