Here my alternative Cover for "Metroid - Rogue Dawn" in a classic style:

Metroid.png

superdeluxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a good repository, explaining what the different Unlicensed Roms/Hacks are and why they are different? Like the above, Metroid Rogue Dawn. What is different about it?

Reyn_the_Insane

Mega Man Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Mursame Castle, and once I register my name, it asks me to switch to side B, and then I get error code C7. Is there a way to switch sides? Is there a line of code I need to enter?
Thanks for your help.
EDIT: And custom folders

Last edited by Reyn_the_Insane,

fayce54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am glad the NES mini got its own scene. If I ever got one, I would put Air Fortress, Metal Storm, and Shatter Hand on it.
Be patient : https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170201_2e.pdf (Corporate Management Policy Briefing / Nine Months Financial Results Briefing for Fiscal Year Ending March 2017, 02012017; check p.9 : "In November last year, we brought back the nostalgic Famicom and NES home consoles in palm-sized versions and shipped the entire quantity of Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer units we initially prepared for each market. We apologize to our consumers and retail partners for the inconvenience caused by product shortages. Some parts require time to procure, but we are working to increase production. We also see the nostalgic interest in these products as an opportunity to draw consumers’ attention to our latest game system, Nintendo Switch.") :D

Last edited by fayce54,
Reactions: ym2612

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a good repository, explaining what the different Unlicensed Roms/Hacks are and why they are different? Like the above, Metroid Rogue Dawn. What is different about it?

Yes, Romhacking.net is a good place to start it explains each patch, and only contains patches/hacks, and no roms.

For example Rogue Dawn above is pretty much a new game, with original artwork, music, sound, special effects, etc.

I'm trying to play Mursame Castle, and once I register my name, it asks me to switch to side B, and then I get error code C7. Is there a way to switch sides? Is there a line of code I need to enter?
Thanks for your help.
EDIT: And custom folders

Same problem, somewhere out there there should be a rom for the 3ds virtual console of the game, which shouldn't require disk switching. BUt I haven't found it yet.

I have a little over 600, no issues, 4 save states per game. I'm pretty sure the general consensus is the same.

Just a reminder, here is the list of the games available and if they work or not (and any issues). The US list is nearly complete.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FsiQZaa-xVGlSD73Rt26Nd2rk0/edit#gid=587784428

On my own system I have about 400 installed. I've deleted ones that are broken, buggy, or partially working (ugly glitched messes), and ignored certain genres and games I'm not likely to play.

Beyond that maybe a good 20 are Japanese games, many are English hacked games or don't require English to enjoy (or already has mostly English text to begin with) and about 2 European only games (Super Turrican and Ufouria). Mostly RPGS, or Castlevania or Contra style action games. Plus some Famicom Disk System versions of main Nintendo games (Zelda, Doki Doki Panic, Metroid, SUper Mario 2 Lost Levels).

Plus two hacked games Metrod Plus (Metroid with a map, and stackable weapons), and Metroid Rogue Dawn.

There are too many 'shmups' I only have a few of those. I don't like most of the LJN games so those I deleted after I tested them. Same goes for movie adaptation games.

I'll probably add some of these games back in later, but right now I'm waiting for the compatibility list to be completed or expanded. Defintely going to attempt to add more English translated Japanese games if possible. Once that list of compatiblity is complete.

Last edited by Baggins,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Two Flintstones games running on nintendo mini NES classic running and captured as usual at 720p60:

Flintstones, The - The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy

Flintstones, The - The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak!

Please, Enjoy!

Reactions: Baggins

TxFxL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone that's artistically inclined wanted to make a Metroid Plus Cover to go with that fantastic hack it would be much appreciated :D

Reactions: Baggins

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope we will be able to rename folders and also change the images of each folder since they're basically just "games" for the kernel which just reloads different games. I'd put the mini covers of the 40 Games I put in each files.

I'll be keeping my NES Classic as it is right now until we get like a definitive version of the program. writing and rewriting everything, I had to reinput many names because I hate the traditional way of putting names like Simpsons, The:Bart vs The World. I really prefer having them go by the full name in order.

superdeluxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Romhacking.net is a good place to start it explains each patch, and only contains patches/hacks, and no roms.

For example Rogue Dawn above is pretty much a new game, with original artwork, music, sound, special effects, etc.

Thank you for answering the question, I appreciate that

Reactions: Tootyuk

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First Rare's Game on NES it's a great game with good graphics and gameplay

Slalom

Please, Enjoy!

Rgs.
---------------------------------------------
I get the Issue of reset to defaults settings in Video 2 days ago(sorry but I don't have all the time I want :(), I think this issue come from 2.11 Hakchi2. (I think from folders use, because I never have this issue before in previous releases)

It isn't a critical error, in my test only appears 1 time.(if don't add more games)

I hope @Cluster can solved soon.

Rgs

Maybe you're just maxed out on games and/or have some buggy ones on there. How many do you have loaded so far?

I hope we will be able to rename folders and also change the images of each folder since they're basically just "games" for the kernel which just reloads different games. I'd put the mini covers of the 40 Games I put in each files.

I'll be keeping my NES Classic as it is right now until we get like a definitive version of the program. writing and rewriting everything, I had to reinput many names because I hate the traditional way of putting names like Simpsons, The:Bart vs The World. I really prefer having them go by the full name in order.

I have to have my games "properly" named and accompanied by the best possible box art, so I understand this sentiment. Didn't stop me though. I am at 215 games and I went through each one to make sure titles were good, box art is good, and all details are fully accurate (for example, the database that auto-populates game info is often inaccurate on 2P-simultaneous vs 2P-alternating, so I had to verify each game...and that often involved watching videos of actual gameplay just to be sure). It was somewhat painstaking, but very rewarding now that it's done.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you're just maxed out on games and/or have some buggy ones on there. How many do you have loaded so far?
I have this issue various times. Always in 2.11 using carpets. At first with Low number of games 120-140 and are games that works ok in mini NES (are games deselected but save on hakchi2 list to use) and same issue. At the moment of the video 350-360 aprox.
Only one tell me that using 2.11 he never has this error with low number of games. I don't know. :S

Rgs.

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this issue various times. Always in 2.11 using carpets. At first with Low number of games 120-140 and are games that works ok in mini NES (are games deselected but save on hakchi2 list to use) and same issue. At the moment of the video 350-360 aprox.
Only one tell me that using 2.11 he never has this error with low number of games. I don't know. :S

Rgs.

I have not had this issue once. Games are in the default 30-per page, and again the number is currently at 215. I'm very curious as to what's triggering it.

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ANYONE HACK NES WITH WINE ON MAC YET ?

STILL NEED TO ADD WINE TO MY MAC
I am using VirtualBox and Windows7 on my MAC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Weird thing happened today when I tested the Classic using 670 games.
One of my friend wanted to play Pacman. So I loaded my NES mini up and seen all the folders with 30 games in ash directory. Then I browsed into the folder which would contain PacMan and then there was no back menu. There is only two games in this folder for some reason and no back folder FFS.

The only fix I can see is that I will have to reflash my system with the other games again.

****EDIT****

I think the brackets in my file names might have messed it up.
Pac-Man (Namco).nes
Pac-Man (Tengen).nes
Pac-Man.nes

The image below

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 9.43.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 9.43.44 PM.png
    71 KB · Views: 295
  • 16491643_10154828088022367_479287919_o.jpg
    16491643_10154828088022367_479287919_o.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 234
Last edited by jar-_-,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/