Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you enable the 30 originals games? I've not.

Rgs.
I have only 5 of the original games enabled (Punch Out, StarTropics, Super C, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Zelda) because I already had some save states that I didn't want to lose. The other 25 have been manually added as with other games.

LTPaulieB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this include box art? What does the menu look like? Are there multiple folders on the menu?
Yes box art included. Your main screen will contain all folders, with games in alpha order. Each folder is then a sub menu of 30 games. Cover art included and does not need to be 8-bit compressed

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you're just maxed out on games and/or have some buggy ones on there. How many do you have loaded so far?

I have to have my games "properly" named and accompanied by the best possible box art, so I understand this sentiment. Didn't stop me though. I am at 215 games and I went through each one to make sure titles were good, box art is good, and all details are fully accurate (for example, the database that auto-populates game info is often inaccurate on 2P-simultaneous vs 2P-alternating, so I had to verify each game...and that often involved watching videos of actual gameplay just to be sure). It was somewhat painstaking, but very rewarding now that it's done.

637 games and had to rename them all twice... I also had entered dates I took on Gamefaqs for most of them manually, I also checked 2p games and all. In the end I know i'll redo this entirely when a new version of Hakchi2 is out and offer more options, I had to malke covers myself for some Famicom games that I wanted in and not look out of place. weridly Doki Doki Panic cannot retain the rectangular shape of the box and always tries to stretch as a square on my unit which bugs the hell out of me.

My Wii had no emulators, only injected WADs that had a legit look to them, I hate things to look wonky. Those folders with a famicom controller... Not a fan. haha

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this issue various times. Always in 2.11 using carpets. At first with Low number of games 120-140 and are games that works ok in mini NES (are games deselected but save on hakchi2 list to use) and same issue. At the moment of the video 350-360 aprox.
Only one tell me that using 2.11 he never has this error with low number of games. I don't know. :S

Rgs.

I've had it happen a few times, that is only once just after installing roms.. Doesn't seem to have any nasty side effects.

b3ats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies if this has already been discussed but I really don't fancy trawling through 114 pages of content.

I have followed the instructions and gone through the process of flashing Tetris to my console as a test which reported back OK, however the app says to wait until the light goes off and then restart. Mine doesn't do this. I have a continuous light for 9/10 seconds then it goes off and then repeats again. I have tried pulling the power and switching it on again it does the same thing all over again. If I turn the power button off it continues this cycle also.

It's also my second attempt at this (I reverted to stock before retrying) and I have had the same outcome both times.

Has anyone seen this and does anyone have a solution?

b3ats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@b3ats How is your Mini NES connected to your PC ?
Are you using the original usb cable ?
What USB port are you using ?

I am running Windows 7 in a VM on my Mac, which others have stated works. The VM and software picks up the NES Mini perfectly and it successfully goes through the entire process to the point where it says that the process has completed successfully. After this the light never goes out.

b3ats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@b3ats Okay, maybe the usb port doesn't give enough power to the mini NES, or the cable is not good. There are tons of possibilities why it fails, sent @Cluster a private message.

It's a genuine cable and I have played the console with it plugged into the same port.

I'll try getting my old Windows machine out and see what it does on that.

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Be sure to have the .NET framework updated ;-)
Is it by the way the original cable ?
Is it connected through a USB hub ?

b3ats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Be sure to have the .NET framework updated ;-)
Is it by the way the original cable ?
Is it connected through a USB hub ?

It was the genuine cable and as I have no free ports I have tried it in both a USB hub and also a Thunderbolt dock.

I just tried it on a Windows laptop (no dock) and I got the light to go off after it had completed successfully, however the console still seems stuck in a loop somewhere and refuses to boot up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All sorted. I flashed it back to the original and started all over again using the Windows laptop solely and it's fine now. Thanks guys.

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was the genuine cable and as I have no free ports I have tried it in both a USB hub and also a Thunderbolt dock.

I just tried it on a Windows laptop (no dock) and I got the light to go off after it had completed successfully, however the console still seems stuck in a loop somewhere and refuses to boot up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All sorted. I flashed it back to the original and started all over again using the Windows laptop solely and it's fine now. Thanks guys.

You names not Matt is it?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had it happen a few times, that is only once just after installing roms.. Doesn't seem to have any nasty side effects.
Yes, It only happens once. If you don't add more games, I think the issue don't happens again.
------------------------------------------------------------------
More games running(or not) on mini nes classic edition captured at 720p60:

Gauntlet II

Godzilla: Monster of Monsters!

Gremlins 2 - The New Batch

Gall Force - Eternal Story FDS English Translation

Air Fortress on Mini NES Classic // Title and Intro Glitches

King's Quest V

Uninvited (Uncensored)

Sweet Home / Resident Evil germ in NES Translated to English

Please, Enjoy.

Last edited by nesito,

Kingdave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. If you're modding someone else's mini and they have it modded from an old version and do not have the kernel can you just dump current kernel and mod using latest 2.11? Also can you flash any original kernel from another mini or is each kernel unique to each system?

Reactions: Tootyuk

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question. If you're modding someone else's mini and they have it modded from an old version and do not have the kernel can you just dump current kernel and mod using latest 2.11? Also can you flash any original kernel from another mini or is each kernel unique to each system?

You should be able to just dump an "newer" kernel over the top and ive sent my "vanilla" kernel to people to re-use so yes you can

Reactions: Kingdave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...