Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Some more games running on real mini nes classic.

Addams Family, The

Addams Family, The : Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt

Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Archon

Athena

Boy and His Blob, A - Trouble on Blobolonia

Burger Time

Commando

Donkey Kong Jr. Math

Double Dragon

Earthbound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSzN65ApKw
Elevator Action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEUkJpvOLR4
Fantasy Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoS6K1GZIBk

---------------------------------------------------------------------
@Cluster Sometimes, when flash over 200+ games(all process with hakchi2 it's ok, no errors), at times the mini NES freezes in Menu (sometimes when try to enter game or folder) then try to power off and gives C8. I disconnect USB. Connect USB and Power On the mini NES again and It run with message like first boot and I choose the language. And appears then works ok the mini nes. At the moment I don't know if continue the issue if don't add more games of only can gives 1 time later flash with folders.

Rgs

Last edited by nesito,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Some more games running on real mini nes classic.

Addams Family, The

Addams Family, The : Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt

Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Archon

Athena

Boy and His Blob, A - Trouble on Blobolonia

Burger Time

Commando

Donkey Kong Jr. Math

Double Dragon

Earthbound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSzN65ApKw
Elevator Action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEUkJpvOLR4
Fantasy Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoS6K1GZIBk

---------------------------------------------------------------------
@Cluster Sometimes, when flash over 200+ games(all process with hakchi2 it's ok, no errors), at times the mini NES freezes in Menu (sometimes when try to enter game or folder) then try to power off and gives C8. I disconnect USB. Connect USB and Power On the mini NES again and It run with message like first boot and I choose the language. And appears then works ok the mini nes. At the moment I don't know if continue the issue if don't add more games of only can gives 1 time later flash with folders.

Rgs

I have exactly the same, the menu freezes, buttons don't respond and the arrow stops spinning where the thumbnails are. When restarting, C8 error appears and wants to reset the system (choose language). I referred back to 2.10 already since the games I really play are below 60 games and have a feeling that the previous version is a bit more stable (maybe I am wrong). Happy to hear I am not the only one, probably it will be fixed in future updates but as it is now I don't want to use it, hopefully cluster will take this in account in his next version. Cheers

Last edited by jelmer,

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi, will this particular jpn game title work? I tjhink there are a few konami titles which uses this mapper #23.

I was planning to get a famicom mini for this.

Getsufuu Maden 128k PRG / 128k CHR H VRC2b (23)

Last edited by Bloodlust,

haze028

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have exactly the same, the menu freezes, buttons don't respond and the arrow stops spinning where the thumbnails are. When restarting, C8 error appears and wants to reset the system (choose language). I referred back to 2.10 already since the games I really play are below 60 games and have a feeling that the previous version is a bit more stable (maybe I am wrong).

I've had that exact thing happen to me a few times going back to 2.08. I found it happened when trying different games that I hadn't yet. For instance I had 100 games on my unit and was getting that freeze and C8 error. I even tried flashing the list a few times. I ended up removing 3 games that I was trying for the first time, George Foreman, and 2 WWF games.
I then replaced those 3 with 3 other games and everything flashed fine and no more error.

Maybe you have the same thing happening? Can a bad ROM corrupt thing?

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I've had that exact thing happen to me a few times going back to 2.08. I found it happened when trying different games that I hadn't yet. For instance I had 100 games on my unit and was getting that freeze and C8 error. I even tried flashing the list a few times. I ended up removing 3 games that I was trying for the first time, George Foreman, and 2 WWF games.
I then replaced those 3 with 3 other games and everything flashed fine and no more error.

Maybe you have the same thing happening? Can a bad ROM corrupt thing?
Good point! maybe you are right although I thought hachki2 could correct bad headers etc. to be honoust I found a set with all US roms which was not a GoodNes set or similar. I will try again with GoodNes...

TxFxL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a hard time getting the turbo fire function to work

I figured this out, the way it's written in the hakchi prompt i thought you had to hold select and "A" and "B" at once, what you actually have to do is hold select and "A" to get "A" as turbo or select and "B" to get "B" as turbo, this makes way more sense because you obviously don't want both buttons to be turbo, you wouldn't want jump to be turbo in a jump/shoot game

(what a bozo):wacko:

nimob1230

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi, will this particular jpn game title work? I tjhink there are a few konami titles which uses this mapper #23.

I was planning to get a famicom mini for this.

Getsufuu Maden 128k PRG / 128k CHR H VRC2b (23)
Yes,I also wait the game "Getsufuu Maden(月風魔傳)",and other jpn games like "Ganbare Goemon 2" and "Wai Wai World"...etc.Their mapper is the same 23.

Last edited by nimob1230,

nenned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the noob questions, but is there a way to remove global command line arguments once you enable them? For example, if I add scanlines ("--enabable-crt-scanlines), how would I remove them if I no longer wanted them? I didn't see a way to remove global command line arguments in version 11 once they have been added. Is there an option to remove them once they have been enabled?

diobrando19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!!

So @Cluster I just recently got the new 2.11 Hakchi2 tool, and tried it out on my Famicom Mini. So far the only error I get is the C7 error whenever I try playing Final Fantasy III (translated). Any ideas?

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So @Cluster I just recently got the new 2.11 Hakchi2 tool, and tried it out on my Famicom Mini. So far the only error I get is the C7 error whenever I try playing Final Fantasy III (translated). Any ideas?

@diobrando19 Which rom of FFIII translated are you using, did your Jap version of FFIII also go poof?

Last edited by DbD,

diobrando19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@diobrando19 Which rom of FFIII translated are you using, did your Jap version of FFIII also go poof?

Hello! I haven't tested the vanilla Final Fantasy III (Japan) yet. I used a translation patch and applied it to a vanilla Final Fantasy III. I used the one made by ChaosRush at Romhacking.net.

TxFxL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: got Zelda Outlands working, still no Mario Adventure:mellow:

Hi guys!!

I just had FF III running on mine but only booted it up, looked like everything was working fine, haven't started a full game yet though

Also not sure how Much interest there is in this but i tried some of the more popular game hacks this morning

Rom Hacks that are working with version 2.11:

Metroid Rogue Dawn
Castlevania Chorus of Mysteries
Megaman in the Mushroom Kingdom
Zelda Outlands

Rom Hacks that are not working (Very glitchy unrecognizable graphics)

Mario Adventure

@Cluster It would be amazing if these games could work on the system, not sure if its a mapping issue or an emulator issue, any info would be appreciated
Thanks again for everything Paypal funds are incoming

Last edited by TxFxL,

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
I just had FF III running on mine but only booted it up, looked like everything was working fine, haven't started a full game yet though

Also not sure how Much interest there is in this but i tried some of the more popular game hacks this morning

Rom Hacks that are working with version 2.11:

Metroid Rogue Dawn
Castlevania Chorus of Mysteries
Megaman in the Mushroom Kingdom

Rom Hacks that are not working (Very glitchy unrecognizable graphics)

Mario Adventure
Zelda OUtlands

@Cluster It would be amazing if these games could work on the system, not sure if its a mapping issue or an emulator issue, any info would be appreciated
Thanks again for everything Paypal funds are incoming
mario adventure works fine for me?

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sorry for the noob questions, but is there a way to remove global command line arguments once you enable them? For example, if I add scanlines ("--enabable-crt-scanlines), how would I remove them if I no longer wanted them? I didn't see a way to remove global command line arguments in version 11 once they have been added. Is there an option to remove them once they have been enabled?

you simply delete or edit the global command line args and flash again... done.

to be more precise: i tried --ppu-palette=2 then flashed and all games were b/w, then i deleted the global args and flashed again and all games were in color again. the global command line arguments are also saved in config.ini - so you can also quit hakchi2 and restart and the global args are still there.

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FF III translated works fine on mine (I've played a lot of it), though I'm having trouble finding a translated FF II rom that works. Two that I've tried so far freeze on the blue screen intro text. That's not a Hakchi2 problem mind, just Nintendos emulator and hacked roms.

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes,I also wait the game "Getsufuu Maden(月風魔傳)",and other jpn games like "Ganbare Goemon 2" and "Wai Wai World"...etc.Their mapper is the same 23.
I second this! Getsufuu Maden is a game I would be so happy to play on the Nes Mini.

Another game I hope will work is Gauntlet. Is there hope it will be, later on? Gauntlet 2 is just not the same thing (too complex for what should be an arcade dungeon crawler, and so empty of ennemies in comparison).

Good job, @Cluster. You have made so many people happy!

Last edited by Hellequin,

BorntoPlay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
why i see some peoples got the "Back" folder but others dont?... i only have 150 games in 5 folders but i always see the 30 games with rest of the folders, maybe would be great to have a option for Next and Back icons, an another icon to show all folders at the same time... thanks @Cluster and great work!!

Last edited by BorntoPlay,

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone do a mapper hack for deadly towers? it uses mapper #34
I'm not sure if it works out of the box but i'm assuming it doesn't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.