Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"rename it to Zelda 2 and voila, solved"

You can't rename original games yet.

However, you can install another copy of Zelda II and rename it The Legend of Zelda II. Then hide the original copy. But this is somewhat annoying.

"On the next update cluster mentioned his going to have the option to show the original 30 games upfront and then folders in the second page ?"

This will cause a problem with games likes Double Dragon or Ninja Gaiden where it would be nice to have the games in alphabetical order with the preinstalled game.

Same goes for Super C and Contra. Which is kind of a problem of both types.... It doesn't fit alphabetical, and there is already a copy of the game in the starting games. It is possible to rename Super C to Contra, S or Contra, Super though. But that will be broken if that new option breaks the order.

On a different note I tried putting Super Turrican (a Europe exclusive game) and Uforia on it (both are PAL games I think) the Nintendo Mini was able to load them. Although Super Turrican maybe running at 'mach speed'. I haven't played the original so I don't know how fast its supposed to be. Are there any patched to NTFC versions?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has anyone tested Deadly Towers? It gives a warning for a weird mapper too.

BRandonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Anyone assist me, I have an Windows XP OS and downloaded correct driver for it but everytime i try to sync games to nes mini it says Fes1.Bin not found.... HELP!!!!!!!!!! I dont know what to do and my games are ready to go....

Can Anyone assist me, I have an Windows XP OS and downloaded correct driver for it but everytime i try to sync games to nes mini it says Fes1.Bin not found.... HELP!!!!!!!!!! I dont know what to do and my games are ready to go....

exact error reads C:DocumentandSettings\Customer\Desktop\data\fes1.bin not found Please Try Again, It Happens everytime i try to dump the kernel.

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't rename original games yet.

However, you can install another copy of Zelda II and rename it The Legend of Zelda II. Then hide the original copy. But this is somewhat annoying.

Drop the original 30 and add them yourself. Really not that hard.

A lot of people in here giving no thanks and just requesting features to suite their needs. Cluster is working hard on this. At least drop the guy a few bucks if all you are going to do is be all about requesting stuff and saying things should be a certain way.

Reactions: chillmodious

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country

exact error reads C:DocumentandSettings\Customer\Desktop\data\fes1.bin not found Please Try Again, It Happens everytime i try to dump the kernel.
Try to extract the hakchi2.zip with 7zip.

Rgs.

superdeluxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for anyone in the know, What is the total number 'images' on the UI? What I would like to do is have the original 30 with images on the main UI, and then add several folders for an extra 90 games or so. Can I have 30 games and 3 folders on the main UI?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Question for anyone in the know, What is the total number 'images' on the UI? What I would like to do is have the original 30 with images on the main UI, and then add several folders for an extra 90 games or so. Can I have 30 games and 3 folders on the main UI?
The FAQ in the first page by Clusterrr the autor of mini NES tool hakchi2, will help you.

Rgs.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Oops few C8 errors already 663 games, 30 games per folder. Maybe I should start fresh with OG kernel. Anyone else had this?

Oops few C8 errors already 663 games, 30 games per folder. Maybe I should start fresh with OG kernel. Anyone else had this?
What is the way to go btw, first uninstall and then flash original kernel or the other way around?

TxFxL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a hard time getting the turbo fire function to work.
currently using the 8bitdo nes30 controller (which is fantastic, no lag and very well made) I'll try with the corded controller in a bit.
I tried holding select b and a in a couple of games with no luck. also y and x aren't performing the turbo fire.function? any one had success with this

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a hard time getting the turbo fire function to work.
currently using the 8bitdo nes30 controller (which is fantastic, no lag and very well made) I'll try with the corded controller in a bit.
I tried holding select b and a in a couple of games with no luck. also y and x aren't performing the turbo fire.function? any one had success with this
Did you enable the function in the program first?

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
regarding more control over folder content:

what would be really nice (and i guess simple to manage) would be to use the hakchi2 preset function as config for folders and content. right now the presets have to be named (which could be the folder title) and roms have to be selected (which could be the folder content). doing so would make grouping (similar) roms together simple (also grouping the default 30). with some small hakchi2 gui update, some logic for grouping genre together (like "crpg", "adv", "str" etc) could also be done. when flashing, hakchi2 could use that structure as a tree for folders...

my preference is to have the original japanese rom together with the usa release and/or possible english patched versions and not always do they have the same name. also i like to have the untouched rom along with hacked versions. so right now hakchi2 would split similar roms like "mother" and "earthbound" into 2 seperate folders with "unfriendly" folder-name.

since using folders is essential for larger game counts and current folder population is somewhat limited, that would be a "nice to have" feature of the already awesome hakchi2 progress. btw: i do not like to rename roms like "1-abc.nes" and "2-xyz.nes" to group them together. to me this is just a quick and dirty workaround but no real solution or user-friendly behavior.

of course that is just a suggestion and only my point of view, yours may differ. in any way, i am happy with whatever cluster cooks up...

Truchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me, But I have a question about compressed roms. Now it works with them but...This mean that we gain more MB for more games or the emulator/hakchi2 it descompress it for me and it doesn't mean that?

Thanks to @Cluster for the amazing job, especially the 2.0.11.2 update.

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course, re synced twice as well, tried with the wired controller too, no luck
With some of the questions that get asked, you never know! Anyway, I'm not sure what to suggest. That's probably the one feature that isn't very important to me, so I don't have a lot of experience troubleshooting issues it may have.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I referred back to 2.010, the interface freezes on me, the arrow at the bottom stopped spinning and when I turned it off I got a C8 error (30 games per folder) Strange thing is that before I went back I flashed OG kernel and set it back to factory settings. Somehow I don't have the annoying menu music now, something I disabled it in 2.0.11. I wonder if we ever can go 100% back to stock. It remembered my setting from 2.0.11 even with full reset.

ewzzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ewzzy.com
XP
Country
United States
Cluster, this is an amazing tool. I don't think I've ever seen homebrew grow so fast before. I hate to ask for anything more, but could you add a feature to highlight games that didn't have metadata in the database? I'm trying to fill in publisher and date on all my games, but it's a lot harder with 600+ games. Just being able to sort the list by date would make it a lot easier to find games listed as "1983-07-15" so I can fix them.

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something weird for Famicom Mini I noticed. I added back the original 30 games and Final Fantasy III (Japanese) keeps disappearing from the list. I'm supposed to have 91 games according to the program, but after clicking on a folder, that game just vanishes from the list at some point and I'm left with 31 games in folder A, 31 games in folder B, and only 28 games in folder C. Interestingly, the 28 games folder has 28 of the original 30 Japanese games. Ice Climbers (Japanese) ends up getting put somewhere different, but at least it doesn't vanish like Final Fantasy III does.

In the config I changed it to have 32 max games per folder. I could try different numbers, but I have the suspicion that something must be weird or wrong for a game to not show up at all like that. I think maybe it would be best if the original 30 get put into their own set completely separate from the folders that get made for your custom games. Final Fantasy III (Japanese) gets lost and can't be found in the menus again. It's not that big of a deal since I added the English translation for this game and that is showing, but it's weird to vanish and leave just 90 games.

All games are checked under the original 30 in the program, too, nothing got unchecked.

EDIT: I changed it back to 30 games per folder, went with an even 90 games including the original 30, and FF III disappeared again but at least the other 29 Originals are now in one folder together, so that's good. Just an odd thing, maybe my english translated FF III rom is conflicting?

I also have this error, Final Fantasy III (original 30 game) is gone and I don't have the English FF III installed, @Cluster any way to check up on this? Cheers. :)

Last edited by DbD,
Reactions: dronesplitter

arminus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, how did you manage to get it where it can have so many games without running into Savestate limits? I thought it was a set limitation with the hardware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Elite Beat Agents
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hell yeah
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
    Jayro @ Jayro: I'm Slenderman.