Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it mean you don't have scanlines or you simply want them. It's crazy. Nothing with "shader" or "crt" is activated in retroarch but they are there.
I didn't look for any options to turn them on or off. I just enabled the overlays and that was it.

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to delete or manipulate the original roms on the mini?
I would like to replace Super MArio RPG with a hacked version wehre we have the colored buttons instead of the purple ones.
It just makes no sense to have the same game on it twice.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone confirm how big the original kernel is supposed to be?

I had an issue where the web installer dumped the kernel but I wasn't able to locate the actual dump. I installed the zip version to dump it. This was done before I made any modifications. My kernel_snes.img file is 2.60 MB. If I want to reflash to stock when the next major update is released, is this the only file I need?
Mine is that size too and yes that is all you need to flash to stock.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does it mean you don't have scanlines or you simply want them. It's crazy. Nothing with "shader" or "crt" is activated in retroarch but they are there.

I found an option to remove bi-linear filtering. I don't see scanlines or anything. Looks like 4.3 mode.

Reactions: supermist

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to delete or manipulate the original roms on the mini?
I would like to replace Super MArio RPG with a hacked version wehre we have the colored buttons instead of the purple ones.
It just makes no sense to have the same game on it twice.
I don't believe there is any way to COMPLETELY remove the originals. But you can uncheck the original Mario RPG so it doesn't show up and add your modded version.

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone confirm how big the original kernel is supposed to be?

I had an issue where the web installer dumped the kernel but I wasn't able to locate the actual dump. I installed the zip version to dump it. This was done before I made any modifications. My kernel_snes.img file is 2.60 MB. If I want to reflash to stock when the next major update is released, is this the only file I need?
Your kernel size seems about right to me. The instructions just say reflash custom kernal when updating. The original is just for brick proofing (I think)

Edit

Correction....uninstall then reflash custom - Thanks Randomiser

Last edited by flinto,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your kernel size seems about right to me. The instructions just say reflash custom kernal when updating. The original is just for brick proofing (I think)

I heard different, but I don't know for sure. Don't you have to restore the kernel with the version you used to originally dump? I wish there was clear info about that.

ExorciseMe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to dump their NAND yet?
I dumped my original kernel but each time I attempt to dump my Snes Mini's NAND I get an error "Can't write to USB"

I really want to dump the NAND prior to messing with the console, I hate the thought of not being able to return to vanilla.

Last edited by ExorciseMe,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an option to "Flash original kernal"

But don't you need the original dumped kernel to do that? And only on the version you originally dumped it on? I don't get how that works. So we go to the new build, flash original kernel, regardless of what version we dumped it on, then flash it with custom? I need to be sure, so we don't have to dump the kernel every time then?:wacko:

Last edited by the_randomizer,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KMFDManic,cant dl the latest core,and how do you update the core?
Is it just load the new core in the module?

I updated the link. To update, remove all Cores from your User Mods Folder, and replace with the "Standard" Set of mine.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ok, _km_snes9x2010_snesc_--retroarch_8_6_17.hmod and_km_retroarch_standard_snesc_10_8_17.hmod,i used those 2.
It it possible in the future to have core 1.55 snes9x?

Last edited by fille,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 10-9-17** (As promised, gonna do my best to get v2.5 (If you do not know what v2.5 is, or have never even heard of v1, feel free to message me:) posted before I go to sleep tonight. It will include very limited Sega CD Support, as in just a few games for you all to play with. And, it will be deemed WIP BETA v2.5! This means, probably by next weekend, I will repost with an Updated v.2.5 that should be of more Official Proportions, as in 95 percent Sega CD, Full & Ripped, and several other things I am finishing up, that I will not include in this WIP Beta v2.5. Obviously, I do not want to keep everyone waiting. So, this is the best thing I could do to appease you all:) My previous Sega CD Set has been "destroyed", as I have made it infinitely better, and all games are drastically reduced in size with the work I have been doing with each and every one of them! You will have ability to run over 50+ additional ones that would have never worked with the "previous" compression I have used. This is gonna be awesome for you all! So, Hoping, without further ado, I can get it posted tonight, in WIP BETA format. Then, I can do some Updates, Fixes, etc, and do the real deal next weekend! Thanks Guys & Gals!

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But don't you need the original dumped kernel to do that? And only on the version you originally dumped it on? I don't get how that works. So we go to the new build, flash original kernel, regardless of what version we dumped it on, then flash it with custom? I need to be sure, so we don't have to dump the kernel every time then?:wacko:
Say you dumped your kernal on 2.20. Then 2.3 comes out. For the safest outcome you should flash your original kernal back on 2.20 before moving to 2.3. Then redump the original kernal on 2.3and reflash the custom kernal on 2.3

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mmh i treid a game with no"-rollback-snapshot-period 600" then there was only a C9 error wenn i trie to use the rewind function for new quick saves.

Reactions: artemus3

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say you dumped your kernal on 2.20. Then 2.3 comes out. For the safest outcome you should flash your original kernal back on 2.20 before moving to 2.3. Then redump the original kernal on 2.3and reflash the custom kernal on 2.3

Then yes, we need to start over, that's what I was trying to find out. Darn :( I noticed there was 2.20 (2.0.20.15), and I dumped it on 2.20 (2.0.20.14), I'd likely have to do the same. I'll stick with this then, it's just...IDK

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UPDATE 10-9-17 (First of All, No Asking for Roms/Isos. This is a set, primarily for "Testing" purposes, of Public Domain, and other such legal Roms/Isos:)

You may know me as KMFDManic/MDFMKanic, within my 20+ years working with various outlets of Emulation...Updated Core Set for NES/SNESC to reflect changes within the two different environments. My Set of Cores is experimental. I have set it up in a way that I believe most benefits users of both the NESC & SNESC. In this respect, I separated Coding of certain Cores, and designated them to be meant for just NESC or SNESC, as you will see:) I did it this way so that you can use "Older" versions of hakchi2, still! Some of the coding changes make it necessary to be on 2.20. I made it so you can opt for older Hakchis, just in case! Make sure to view the ReadMe! Once I fine-tune things throughout this week, I will make a Pull Request, so that Cluster can deem my set Official, per his request:) Thousands of people have been using my personally refined Core Set over the last year. And, I truly appreciate the support! There are some tremendous differences over the standard Cores, such as Turbografx-CD, Game & Watch, Doom, Quake, Commodore 64, Atari Jaguar, Pokemini, 3DO, "Better" Sega CD implementation, ability to run System 32 Games via MAME 2003!, Dual-Link Ability for GB Games!, Multiple Bios Configurations (I set up Bios for each and every Core, all in their own respective HMODS), Save States working for Atari 2600, and Sram Saves for N64 (Not Manual, though!), Command line optimizations, Better RetroArch Integrations, and, of course, many bug fixes! So, it is definitely about time I let them become Official! Thanks for the support Guys & Gals!!! And, also thanks to those who loved my v1! And, lastly, shout-outs to Cluster, MadMonkey, HoneyLab, soulctcher, eli, pcm720, rhester72, my fellow reddit, gbatemp, and YouTube Supporters! Here is to hoping we get a Mini N64 next year!!!

Note: The SNES 9X Cores that aren't designated for either NESC/SNESC, work on both:)

Core Set Update for 10-9-17

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/73nvd3/the_designated_snesnes_classic_modifications/

YouTube Video about this particular Set!

Nice work as always. Appreciated!

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mmh i treid a game with no"-rollback-snapshot-period 600" then there was only a C9 error wenn i trie to use the rewind function for new quick saves.
I'd recommend setting it to 60. That will give you between 4 and 5 seconds of rewind and should prevent the error from ever appearing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup