Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 10-9-17 (First of All, No Asking for Roms/Isos. This is a set, primarily for "Testing" purposes, of Public Domain, and other such legal Roms/Isos:)

You may know me as KMFDManic/MDFMKanic, within my 20+ years working with various outlets of Emulation...Updated Core Set for NES/SNESC to reflect changes within the two different environments. My Set of Cores is experimental. I have set it up in a way that I believe most benefits users of both the NESC & SNESC. In this respect, I separated Coding of certain Cores, and designated them to be meant for just NESC or SNESC, as you will see:) I did it this way so that you can use "Older" versions of hakchi2, still! Some of the coding changes make it necessary to be on 2.20. I made it so you can opt for older Hakchis, just in case! Make sure to view the ReadMe! Once I fine-tune things throughout this week, I will make a Pull Request, so that Cluster can deem my set Official, per his request:) Thousands of people have been using my personally refined Core Set over the last year. And, I truly appreciate the support! There are some tremendous differences over the standard Cores, such as Turbografx-CD, Game & Watch, Doom, Quake, Commodore 64, Atari Jaguar, Pokemini, 3DO, "Better" Sega CD implementation, ability to run System 32 Games via MAME 2003!, Dual-Link Ability for GB Games!, Multiple Bios Configurations (I set up Bios for each and every Core, all in their own respective HMODS), Save States working for Atari 2600, and Sram Saves for N64 (Not Manual, though!), Command line optimizations, Better RetroArch Integrations, and, of course, many bug fixes! So, it is definitely about time I let them become Official! Thanks for the support Guys & Gals!!! And, also thanks to those who loved my v1! And, lastly, shout-outs to Cluster, MadMonkey, HoneyLab, soulctcher, eli, pcm720, rhester72, my fellow reddit, gbatemp, and YouTube Supporters! Here is to hoping we get a Mini N64 next year!!!

Note: The SNES 9X Cores that aren't designated for either NESC/SNESC, work on both:)

Core Set Update for 10-9-17

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/73nvd3/the_designated_snesnes_classic_modifications/

YouTube Video about this particular Set!

Last edited by KMFDManic,

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cluster
Is it possible to remove completely the rewind feature with global commands, to increase savespace?
And then, would the prompts disappear from the UI, and how would it be managed by player gameplay demo mode (rewindless saves would be ignored?)?
Last question: do you think the constant snapshot saving constantly rewrites the nand-memory?
Thank you very much, and good job as always (was here since the nes classic mini :) ).

Last edited by Hellequin,
Reactions: Th3one

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 10-9-17 (First of All, No Asking for Roms/Isos. This is a set, primarily for "Testing" purposes, of Public Domain, and other such legal Roms/Isos:)

You may know me as KMFDManic/MDFMKanic, within my 20+ years working with various outlets of Emulation...Updated Core Set for NES/SNESC to reflect changes within the two different environments. My Set of Cores is experimental. I have set it up in a way that I believe most benefits users of both the NESC & SNESC. In this respect, I separated Coding of certain Cores, and designated them to be meant for just NESC or SNESC, as you will see:) I did it this way so that you can use "Older" versions of hakchi2, still! Some of the coding changes make it necessary to be on 2.20. I made it so you can opt for older Hakchis, just in case! Make sure to view the ReadMe! Once I fine-tune things throughout this week, I will make a Pull Request, so that Cluster can deem my set Official, per his request:) Thousands of people have been using my personally refined Core Set over the last year. And, I truly appreciate the support! There are some tremendous differences over the standard Cores, such as Turbografx-CD, Game & Watch, Doom, Quake, Commodore 64, Atari Jaguar, Pokemini, 3DO, "Better" Sega CD implementation, ability to run System 32 Games via MAME 2003!, Dual-Link Ability for GB Games!, Multiple Bios Configurations (I set up Bios for each and every Core, all in their own respective HMODS), Save States working for Atari 2600, and Sram Saves for N64 (Not Manual, though!), Command line optimizations, Better RetroArch Integrations, and, of course, many bug fixes! So, it is definitely about time I let them become Official! Thanks for the support Guys & Gals!!! And, also thanks to those who loved my v1! And, lastly, shout-outs to Cluster, MadMonkey, HoneyLab, soulctcher, eli, pcm720, rhester72, my fellow reddit, gbatemp, and YouTube Supporters! Here is to hoping we get a Mini N64 next year!!!

Core Set Update for 10-19-17

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/73nvd3/the_designated_snesnes_classic_modifications/

YouTube Video about this particular Set!

Thanks for this I'm able to run my games on th snes that son run on the regular emulator

CitrusRain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you don't, but you have to use the original USB cable, and I hope you're on Windows 7 or Windows 10, as there's no Mac OS support. Be sure it's turned completely off, and in the Hackchi folder, there is a Drivers folder, you may have to manually install them that way. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.
Original usb cable, and the driver ran from windows explorer does the same as within the program.
Hmm... maybe I'll try again on my desktop when I get home.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 155

Ciccio8412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Super Street Fighter 2 (U) will work on next version :)
Hi, I wanted to thank you for the work you did with the latest revision of hakchi2.
I have a question: is there a tool to convert .sfrom format to .sfc?
I ask you why I would like to convert the rom stock of secret mana, apply a translation patch (ita) and re-insert it with hakchi. This is because if I do this with my personal rom (Usa), the text appears blurred in the file creation screen. With stock rom instead the text in file creation screen it's not blurred.
However, Kirby's Dreamland 3 works perfectly, it does not really have the issue of transparency effect on some levels, as they say on the forum.
Thanks in advance.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original usb cable, and the driver ran from windows explorer does the same as within the program.
Hmm... maybe I'll try again on my desktop when I get home.

I don't know, it worked fine for me on my Windows 7 machine. Try another USB or another PC.

Hi, I wanted to thank you for the work you did with the latest revision of hakchi2.
I have a question: is there a tool to convert .sfrom format to .sfc?
I ask you why I would like to convert the rom stock of secret mana, apply a translation patch (ita) and re-insert it with hakchi. This is because if I do this with my personal rom (Usa), the text appears blurred in the file creation screen. With stock rom instead the text in file creation screen it's not blurred.
However, Kirby's Dreamland 3 works perfectly, it does not really have the issue of transparency effect on some levels, as they say on the forum.
Thanks in advance.

Even the completely underwater levels? I know the game uses pseudo hires mode 7 transparency for the canopy tree levels and underwater levels. Are you saying they work? Do you have a screenshot? What about the SRAM issue and in-game saves? I heard it doesn't quite work properly?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

hxnhx4me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I still need a step by step manual for use Retroarch on PC, Hakchi2 and finally, for the SNES Mini.

Who can help me and have the time for my problem, to play games like Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma on the SNES Mini?

THX

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I still need a step by step manual for use Retroarch on PC, Hakchi2 and finally, for the SNES Mini.

Who can help me and have the time for my problem, to play games like Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma on the SNES Mini?

THX

Read my last post:) Just install RetroArch Standard SNESC from my Core Set, along with SNES 9X 2005 or 2010 SNESC --retroarch Variants from my Core Set...And, at very end of command line argument, leave a space, then type in --retroarch

Example...

/usr/bin/clover-canoe-shvc -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-SWCIB/Run_Saber.sfrom --volume 85 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

I do it in my YouTube video link, as well...Have fun:)

Reactions: artemus3 and flinto

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read my last post:) Just install RetroArch Standard SNESC from my Core Set, along with SNES 9X 2005 or 2010 SNESC --retroarch Variants from my Core Set...And, at very end of command line argument, leave a space, then type in --retroarch

Example...

/usr/bin/clover-canoe-shvc -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-SWCIB/Run_Saber.sfrom --volume 85 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

I do it in my YouTube video link, as well...Have fun:)

Might want to fix your upload link on your video, it doesn't lead to the core pack XD It just leads to the upload site.

Edit: I guess you're busy

All I see is https://uploadfiles.io/, but nothing after the URL, so how can we download the latest pack? :P

Edit 2: It's fixed now, sorry about that

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Ciccio8412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know, it worked fine for me on my Windows 7 machine. Try another USB or another PC.

Even the completely underwater levels? I know the game uses pseudo hires mode 7 transparency for the canopy tree levels and underwater levels. Are you saying they work? Do you have a screenshot? What about the SRAM issue and in-game saves? I heard it doesn't quite work properly?
Yes, i have tried it. I can't do a screenshot, sorry. For sram issue i don't known, but i think it's not a problem because you can use the four quick save slot.
I think the internal emulator support hires mode and exactly for this reason I do not understand why with secret of mana, in the menu selection file (which has the text in high res) you see blurry, but this only happens with the translated rom, with stock rom you do not see blurred.

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
KMFDManic, could you explain which version of Snes 9X is better, or at least which one give the best results in most cases? It is important not to have graphical or sound glitches, but performance is equally important.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By request here's a short video on how easy it is to add and install Retroarch modules on your SNES classic to play TONS of different games from other systems :)

Reactions: flinto

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone confirm how big the original kernel is supposed to be?

I had an issue where the web installer dumped the kernel but I wasn't able to locate the actual dump. I installed the zip version to dump it. This was done before I made any modifications. My kernel_snes.img file is 2.60 MB. If I want to reflash to stock when the next major update is released, is this the only file I need?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-