Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

hmiem81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried pulling Super Street Fighter 2 from the VC wad and it gave a C7 error. Rom plays fine in a emulator on my computer.

tito83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well this hack above is a color palette hack somebody made to change several colors in stages.
This hack won't do anything else.
If the japanese version of SSF2 works, then the US version should also work.
Also everybody can also use the jp version anyway.
The only difference are the 3 names
Vega
Balrog
M.Bison

The only thing that prevents the US version to run is propably something in the rom header.

Yea, i totally believe that, like this user found another way:
i selected the game and pressed ctrl+alt+e and 1065 to the preset id

Maybe with the games that give errors and not boot i guess with a simple patch for everyone will do it.

Here the game Goof Troop run with a simple patch:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251372006&postcount=998
Here explain the solution:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=251372462&postcount=1006
"That offset in the footer is set to 15 for HiROM and 14 for LoROM. Goof Troop is a LoROM but hakchi is setting it to be a HiROM."

But Cluster said that SSF2 will run in the next release, he already know about this?

More info about the header format: https://pastebin.com/S0fmWuSu

Last edited by tito83,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m new to the emulator scene how do I use retro arch if I select it as a mod I’m still rough around the edges
Check my signature.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then yes, we need to start over, that's what I was trying to find out. Darn :( I noticed there was 2.20 (2.0.20.15), and I dumped it on 2.20 (2.0.20.14), I'd likely have to do the same. I'll stick with this then, it's just...IDK
Yeah the real bad thing about the program is that you have to start alllll over when a new one comes out.

Reactions: Sheepdog39

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check my signature.

Yeah the real bad thing about the program is that you have to start alllll over when a new one comes out.

*Sigh* I'll stick to 2.0.20.14, it's just I'm comfortable with how I set it up and so on. Wish I could copy the games over, but I don't know if I'd have to re-convert the ROMs, if so, then no dice.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd recommend setting it to 60. That will give you between 4 and 5 seconds of rewind and should prevent the error from ever appearing
i change the time to 100what is 10seconds.

i only delete the line in snes games that working with retroarch like illusion of time or terranigma because there working no rewind

projections

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This question is probably already asked (too many pages to check), but here goes:
If I want to use Canoe, should I add the games in completely unzipped format, and optionally use the compress option of hakchi2?
And if I want to use RetroArch, I can add games that have .7z and .zip layers?
Or can the games I want to run on Canoe, also have double zip layers or will it cause errors?

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
start hakchi and quit,the you see in the folder a games and snes games folder,copy your uncompressed romfiles in the games folder.
i did not try it with compressed roms.
then add games and hakchi will rebuild them.

Last edited by fille,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
i change the time to 100what is 10seconds.

i only delete the line in snes games that working with retroarch like illusion of time or terranigma because there working no rewind
The size stays the same though, around 2mb so what’s the point? I tried with several values so far without any luck. When I set it to zero my save file was approx 700kb (much better) but the rewind was running for minutes so that can’t be right. I’ll wait this this gets cleared up.

Last edited by jelmer,
Reactions: Hellequin

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question is probably already asked (too many pages to check), but here goes:
If I want to use Canoe, should I add the games in completely unzipped format, and optionally use the compress option of hakchi2?
And if I want to use RetroArch, I can add games that have .7z and .zip layers?
Or can the games I want to run on Canoe, also have double zip layers or will it cause errors?
Unless you change the command line for snes games they will run with canoe by default no matter what file type you
re using.

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check my signature.

Not really. Just need to unzip newest hakchi2, copy over your old games folder, dump folder, and config file, and voila! Might have to delete and re-add a non-working game or two, but you don't have to necessarily start from scratch.

Reactions: Kumoashi

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
The size stays the same though, around 2mb so what’s the point? I tried with several values so far without any luck. When I set it to zero my save file was approx 700kb (much better) but the rewind was running for minutes so that can’t be right. I’ll wait this this gets cleared up.

My guess is that the default is 600 because that's the smallest rewind file the emulator generates. 2mb
If I set it to 100, I bet the rest of the 500 frames of data is zero'd out in the file. At least that's my guess.
When you play it back it probably still plays that set period till some sort of cut-off flag code.
If only there was a way for the emulator to know how to trim the rest of it off.

I have no idea if I'm right, probably not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password